| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:40 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

You're saying that like you can just force criminals to do what you want and it's okay. Stipulating that she had to tell Walt Jr. was stupid. It's not real life. They needed to have it happen for the story line.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:05 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

couroupita wrote:
I didn't like that she forced Skylar into telling Jr. about Walt. Or tried to make off with Holly. Messing with other people's kids is a big deal.

she wanted Skylar to tell him herself because at that point they thought Walt was in custody and she didnt want him to hear it on the news or when a police car showed up at his house. i can kind of understand that one.
but as for basically trying to steal Holly? that was forked up. if you think the baby is in danger call the police. dont steal peoples' children.

my husband's new theory is Walt comes back, kills Todd and his nazi friends but spares Jesse. Jesse then kills Walt and takes off to Mexico with the money.
i could deal with that ending but im not sure about it's plausability.

is the finale gonna be like 2 hours or anything cause they have a lot of loose ends to tie up and only 2 shows.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:19 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yeah I get that but she was like, if you don't do it *right now* I'll tell him myself. Just seemed like she was trying to insert herself where she didn't need to be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I agree with all of those points about Marie, but I still find her to be a sympathetic character. I almost assuredly would not like her if she was a real person in my real life, but like in the context of this show, I just don't find her faults to be all that egregious. Purple!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:11 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

LisaPunk wrote:
is the finale gonna be like 2 hours or anything cause they have a lot of loose ends to tie up and only 2 shows.

Just checked my DVR guide.

9/22 - "Granite State" episode is 1hr 15 min
9/29 - "Felina" episode is 1hr 15 min

Plus, AMC is running a Breaking Bad Marathon during that final week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I don't remember the purple reference! I like her character. I like them all, actually. The character I like least is the son. He seems like he's always interrupting and talking over his parents. I guess he's supposed to be an irritable teen?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 pm 
***LIES!!!***

elouise wrote:
I agree with all of those points about Marie, but I still find her to be a sympathetic character. I almost assuredly would not like her if she was a real person in my real life, but like in the context of this show, I just don't find her faults to be all that egregious. Purple!

Marie is a totally normal, mostly reasonably acting human being. But she is the enemy of the protagonist! Thus, worthy of hatred.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:27 pm 
Chip Strong

Ariann wrote:
elouise wrote:

Marie is a totally normal, mostly reasonably acting human being. But she is the enemy of the protagonist! Thus, worthy of hatred.

Yeah, but when the protagonist is an antihero and totally worthy of hatred it becomes a little more complicated.

Walt Jr. is my least favorite. I understand that he's in many ways still a child, he's been somewhat stunted by an overly safe childhood, and he idolizes his parents, but I can't help but find his naivete unbelievable. I didn't find last episode's confession realistic at all. He goes from not having any inkling that his parents are criminals to believing it far too quickly. I feel a bit bad for RJ Mitte because he might be a better actor than he seems. That is an incredibly difficult scene to pull off as an actor, but I don't think he pulled it off all that successfully. I just... I really want to like his character, and I feel like he has the potential to be interesting, but... no. Breakfast.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:44 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Ariann wrote:
elouise wrote:

Bingo!

Help yourself to a free vegan cookie.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

couroupita wrote:
I don't remember the purple reference!

Marie is obsessed with purple! All of her clothes, everything in their house, her travel mug, her suitcase, etc. I find it really endearing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 am 

Haha it's totally one of the things I dislike about her. My friend thinks its symbolic - like because its the color of royalty and she thinks she's better than everyone else

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:36 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Fee wrote:
Haha it's totally one of the things I dislike about her. My friend thinks its symbolic - like because its the color of royalty and she thinks she's better than everyone else

I think that might be dead on, which just makes me love it more! I think I might love Marie for all the things everyone else hates about her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:08 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I don't think I would like Marie in real life, but I like her as a character. I think in the beginning she was a comical choice for Hank's wife. So frivolous and spoiled. But, her actions towards the end of the series seem totally reasonable. I can totally understand a knee-jerk reaction to get a child you love out of a house that seems so insanely dangerous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:05 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

+1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:55 pm 
Double double, toil and trouble

elouise wrote:
I don't get the Marie hate. I would probably be self-righteous too if I was her. Sure she's kind of annoying but that seems like a petty grievance on a show with the likes of Walter White and Todd the Sociopath.

+1. She's definitely irritated me quite a bit throughout the history of the show, but I disagree with the popular claim that she's sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. She just found out that Walt was involved in the mess that led to Hank being shot the first time, and moreover discovered also that her own sister knew about his involvement! I think they've done a good job of exploring the conflict between her desire to see Hank come out on top of this investigation and her love for her sister.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm 

It's not that I hate Marie, she's just a character that I don't like everything about. They all are.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:58 pm 
ol' garly cooch

OMG OMG OMG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Fee wrote:
It's not that I hate Marie, she's just a character that I don't like everything about. They all are.

This. Sure she's not a sociopath... but if she was my neighbor or coworker I would try to avoid eye contact and conversation because I find her irritating.

To me the strength of this show is that even the "good" characters have flaws and even the "bad" characters have flashes of humanity or at least manners in the case of creepy Todd.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:39 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

I hate to say it but that episode made me feel bad for Walt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:53 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

How is it possible that there is only one episode left?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:50 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I can't imagine what will happen in the last episode to wrap this all up. Poor Flynn. Poor Walt. Poor Jesse and Andrea and Brock. forking Todd.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Anna Gunn and Vince Gilligan both won their first Emmys tonight! I'm choosing to focus on that instead of the fact that there are less than 75 minutes left in the series.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 am 
WELFARIST!

elouise wrote:
...there are less than 75 minutes left in the series.

Oh man, that sounds so much worse than "one episode left." I'm with everyone else in wondering how there's only one episode left. There seems like so much to tie up! And forking Todd and is forking family! I love Jesse and have been rooting for him throughout the entire series but now I feel that if I (and the rest of the audience) really love him, we will set him free. And I wonder if they're ever going to find Hank and Gomez's bodies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:14 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

The Jesse storyline is breaking my freaking heart.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next