| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

well, NOW i know who is going to be on the receiving end of the ricin. what perfect timing. we hadn't seen much of those two in a while. i actually forgot about them. (i guess good thing he has enough ricin to kill a bunch of people. since he has a lot to kill.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

supercarrot wrote:
well, NOW i know who is going to be on the receiving end of the ricin. what perfect timing. we hadn't seen much of those two in a while. i actually forgot about them. (i guess good thing he has enough ricin to kill a bunch of people. since he has a lot to kill.)

You really think he's going after those two? It seems like a pretty random and impulsive thing for Walt to do. I know he's pissed that his name (remember my name) is being tarnished and he is in no position to set the record straight, but that would be way out of left field, in my opinion, if he poisons them. I thought that him seeing them on the TV was just an impetus to get him moving - to do one last thing. He said to Flynn "It can't all be for nothing." This is his hail Mary and I thought the interview with his old partner was just the boost of anger and desperation he needed. But if he poisons them? That would just seem weird to me.

Meth Damon is the worst. I know his uncle and family members are murderous Nazis, but I think Todd is even worse than they are. He's so terrifying. At least with Nazis you know what you're getting. That guy gives me the creeps.

Robert Forster was forking great in that episode.

About the colors in the show:

Spoiler: show
I listened to an interview with Vince Gilligan on the Nerdist, I think, and he talked about the colors. He didn't give a lot away, but he talked about how certain characters have changed throughout the show and so have their signature colors. He talked about the first episode when Walt is teaching chemistry and showing the chemical reaction in the bunsen burner flame and talking about changes in nature. Gilligan said that when colors stay the same, they usually signal consistency. I took that to mean that Marie, with all of her flaws and quirks that people find annoying, has stayed the same throughout the show. So has Saul to some degree. However, he hinted that Marie might change before the show ends. I'm not doing his talk justice, but it was pretty interesting. I've been obsessed with the symbolic color stuff since the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:49 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yeah, I definitely don't think he's going to go after the Grey Matter partners. And pickledtreats, I just listened to that Nerdist podcast with Vince this weekend. It was excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 pm 

well, i was just thinking that if it weren't for their backstabbing, he wouldn't have had to go through any of what he had. had they been decent people, they'd still be partners and maybe their business would have been even better, and walt would have had a cushy life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:02 am 
Bathes in Braggs

supercarrot wrote:
well, i was just thinking that if it weren't for their backstabbing, he wouldn't have had to go through any of what he had. had they been decent people, they'd still be partners and maybe their business would have been even better, and walt would have had a cushy life.

I never had the impresion that the GreyMatter couple backstabbed Walter. I think the woman just fell in love with Walt's friend, Walt couldn't stand to be around it and ran away. I think it turned to anger over the years of humiliation as a man of his abilities being treated like a highschool teacher.

I think it is at the root of his current tree of neurosis, so I think you may be right about them being ricin targets. He doesn't know about Lydia's kidnapping plan and getting ricin into the Nazis food isn't exactly a straightforward plan. Plus the writers don't like doing the obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Yes, I always got the impression that the Greymatter couple is the first time his pride got in the way of his judgement. She fell in love with his friend so he got bought out for pennies from a multi million dollar idea and ended up a high school teacher. It would bring the Hubris full circle rather nicely especially as they are now discrediting his contributions to save face for the company. I think the last 75 minutes could be a rollercoaster of awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 am 
Bathes in Braggs

geekywhitegirljoan wrote:
Yes, I always got the impression that the Greymatter couple is the first time his pride got in the way of his judgement. She fell in love with his friend so he got bought out for pennies from a multi million dollar idea and ended up a high school teacher. It would bring the Hubris full circle rather nicely especially as they are now discrediting his contributions to save face for the company. I think the last 75 minutes could be a rollercoaster of awesome.

I remember that WW worked at another "real job" after that for some chemical company, where he theorized he got the cancer, because they didn't have the right safety equipment. It would be nice if the writers filled in why he didn't go to another chemist's job after that and instead baled out to become a high school teacher.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:16 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

My guy and I were speculating about who the ricin was for. I suggested the GreyMatter couple, but T said that doesn't make any sense (but also didn't have any other ideas). I can't figure out if he got so pissed after seeing that interview because they said he had changed and wasn't coming back or because his leaving their company was the beginning of the end for his pride. They definitely didn't show us that for no reason, and I think we'll at least see them in the finale.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

There are so many possible outcomes to this ending I don't even know how to process what crazy is about to come!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I console myself with the knowledge that the Meth Nazis are most likely going to meet bad and very messy ends at the business end of Walt's M-60 machine gun from way back at the start of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:49 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

T told me last night that they filmed 3 different endings and that nobody but the producers knows which one will air, but I can't find evidence of that anywhere online, except that there will be a 3 minute alternate ending included in the dvd set.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

beforewisdom wrote:

I remember that WW worked at another "real job" after that for some chemical company, where he theorized he got the cancer, because they didn't have the right safety equipment. It would be nice if the writers filled in why he didn't go to another chemist's job after that and instead baled out to become a high school teacher.

I don't think he would have made any more money as a chemist than a teacher. I suspect marriage and baby led him to the "safe" choice. His only real chance at money and empire building was greymatter until he made the blue meth..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:52 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

allularpunk wrote:
T told me last night that they filmed 3 different endings and that nobody but the producers knows which one will air, but I can't find evidence of that anywhere online, except that there will be a 3 minute alternate ending included in the dvd set.

I saw Aaron Paul on something and he said they only filmed one ending. But I also heard the alternate ending on the DVD thing so maybe he's full of shiitake.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Okay, I read a theory that Walt will buy stock of Gray Matter (under his fake name) and somehow have that money go to his family. I kind of like it, but not sure how something like that would really play out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

beforewisdom wrote:

I don't think he would have made any more money as a chemist than a teacher. I suspect marriage and baby led him to the "safe" choice. His only real chance at money and empire building was greymatter until he made the blue meth..

Maybe not empire building, but I am under the impression that chemists make good money and can get stable jobs. WW didn't start off looking for money and power, that was a symptom of feeling humiliated for years. He started off with a love for chemistry. Another job as a chemist would have been an outlet for that, it would have let him use more of his intelligence and he would have gotten more respect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

I'm thinking the ricin is for Dexter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:04 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

kimba wrote:
Okay, I read a theory that Walt will buy stock of Gray Matter (under his fake name) and somehow have that money go to his family. I kind of like it, but not sure how something like that would really play out.

I don't think he has time. Plus if GM is as awesome as all that, it would be worth more than a mere 80 million bucks.

No, I don't think he's going to get back at them at all; I think he has bigger problems, what with the whole Meth Nazi Booster Club to deal with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

beforewisdom wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:

Maybe not empire building, but I am under the impression that chemists make good money and can get stable jobs. WW didn't start off looking for money and power, that was a symptom of feeling humiliated for years. He started off with a love for chemistry. Another job as a chemist would have been an outlet for that, it would have let him use more of his intelligence and he would have gotten more respect.

Being a high school teacher is a "real job" that requires intelligence. I agree that this job doesn't garner as much respect as it should.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Quote:

yeah chemists just out of uni with a PhD make $100-120k at your average pharma company. Good benefits, vacation, decent stability. I know plenty of chemists who chose to teach high school or are lecturers at universities because they love to teach. He seemed to like bench work though so I'm not sure why he didn't just find another chem job.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

solipsistnation wrote:
kimba wrote:

I don't think he has time. Plus if GM is as awesome as all that, it would be worth more than a mere 80 million bucks.

No, I don't think he's going to get back at them at all; I think he has bigger problems, what with the whole Meth Nazi Booster Club to deal with.

Okay, new theory. He is going to use that machine gun to threaten them to give him Gray Matter. Okay, I know I am stretching here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:56 am 

solipsistnation wrote:
I think he has bigger problems, what with the whole Meth Nazi Booster Club to deal with.

This. I feel like the nazi meth heads are going to be his #1 priority. I think the Grey Matter interview was just the catalyst to get him going.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:26 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I finally watched last night! What a sad, sad episode. I am dying to know how they wrap it up.

I think Grey Matters just got Walt going again. He was resigned to his situation and then their bust to his ego was just like the last straw and he was all "F this. I'm going to get shiitake done." (And Robert Forster basically saying he'd take the money if Walt entrusted it to him didn't help.) So I think he's going back for the Nazi Booster Club too. I have no clue what Jesse's fate will be though. I so didn't see the Andrea thing coming.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:30 am 
Bathes in Braggs

solipsistnation wrote:
kimba wrote:

I don't think he is going to be buy GM either. The 80 million is mostly in the hands of the neo-nazzi gang. There is also the issue of laundering the money. I'm not sure if the neo nazis are still a problem for WW beyond his own greed and anger. They basically unilaterally declared peace if Walt stays away from them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 am 
Bathes in Braggs

lobsteriffic wrote:
solipsistnation wrote:
I think he has bigger problems, what with the whole Meth Nazi Booster Club to deal with.

This. I feel like the nazi meth heads are going to be his #1 priority. I think the Grey Matter interview was just the catalyst to get him going.

Yes, he is very angry at them and he very much wants his other barrels of money back. Maybe he will kill and/or liberate Jesse in the process( or Jesse will kill him in the process ).

I thinkt he big questions remaining will be Walt's and Jesse's fates. Saul is gone, everyone else is dead, and my intuition is that the writers will be happy to end the show leaving Skylar & her kids where they are.

Maybe there will be a spinoff for Badger and Skinny Pete so we can find out what happens to them :).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

beforewisdom wrote:
Maybe there will be a spinoff for Badger and Skinny Pete so we can find out what happens to them :).

Badger & Skinny Pete Go To White Castle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next