| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:11 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

supercarrot wrote:
did you notice that the stevia packet was white? (they're usually yellowish)

You mean the packets Lydia usually uses on the show are yellowish? Damn, you're good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:06 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i'll have to go back to confirm, but in general, they usually are (i mean, they have real brands' sweetener packets in there, why not real stevia packets?) and i didn't notice anything off in past episodes (i would have noticed if they didn't seem like real packets) but last night's packet definitely looked fake. it was blindingly white.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

It was so good! I would have liked to see a smidge more of Marie in the episode, but that's my only real complaint.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:13 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

It was spectacular. I already miss Skyler. I want Vince to give us yearly updates on how she and the kids and Marie are doing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Fabulous. This was an amazing ending to a show. I went into it planning on being disappointed about something, but I'm completely fulfilled by the way it all went down. It was as realistic as it could have been. No desperate "last embrace" with Skyler, no teary-eyed father/son talk with Junior...it was as depressing as hell, but it made sense.

I'm so happy Jesse got to kill Meth Damon and Walt's convo with Lydia was classic.

I still can't stop thinking about the noise of the blood sloshing on the floor and that massage chair, though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:48 pm 

oh!!!! i thought the sloshing noise was coming from the chair. (as if it was a waterbed in chair form. i have no idea if those things even exist.) thinking of it as blood is making me queasy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm 

Wow...I just can't imagine how this could have been more perfect. It's one of the best finales I've seen!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:22 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

pickledtreats wrote:
Meth Damon

LOLOLOLOLOL

supercarrot wrote:
oh!!!! i thought the sloshing noise was coming from the chair. (as if it was a waterbed in chair form. i have no idea if those things even exist.) thinking of it as blood is making me queasy.

No, it was just the chair. I remember hearing the noise and being confused by it before the shooting started, but they either didn't show the massage chair until later or I didn't notice it the first time they showed it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

1strangegirlbygolly! wrote:
I'm happy Skinny Pete and Badger were in the finale. Badger is the greatest character, I think. What they did was so rad, lol. Don't wanna spoiler anything important....

I can't believe they pulled that off, even with Walt guiding them. I loved how Walt shut down their eithical ponderings by holding up the money.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:01 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

ashley wrote:
Wow, what a way to go out! It was satisfying. As satisfying as it could have been, I think.

That hour went by so fast!

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

supercarrot wrote:
perfecto.

(also, it broke my heart when we realise that jesse building the box was all a daydream) :-(

It could still happen. He is free. The DEA might find the video he did for Hank and let him stay that way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

geekywhitegirljoan wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
My heart broke seeing Walt laying there dead on the floor. I knew it would end tragically, but part of me held out hope that he'd get his happy ending.

I am not so sure that wasn't his happy ending. He was dying from the beginning and he died on his own terms after killing his enemies, freeing Jesse and finding a way to get money to his family.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:03 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Fee wrote:
I loved it, so satisfying. I love that he went in the lab to die. Maybe trying to make it look like he had been the only cook all along, that they wouldn't even look for Jesse. I love that died by his own bullet, but in a not-so-straight-forward way and also left it up to Jesse whether or not he wanted to deliver the fatal shot. So good.

I did not even make that connection. Excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

supercarrot wrote:
i hope lydia doesn't try to get treatment for the ricin. but i guess if she does, she'll be on the authorities' radar. (if she survives)

They always showed her being so dapper. I didn't recognize her at first with her hair all frizzy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Maggie Muggins wrote:
I'm so happy Walt redeemed himself (as much as he could) in the end. I don't think they could have ended it a better way. Jesse killing Todd, Lydia drinking the ricin, Walt dying, it was so perfect.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I loved every second of it, but for me, the best part was the ricin. That whole scene I was just like "how's he gonna do it, oh shiitake!" then he leaves and you realize there was only one stevia packet all along and he said "every Tuesday, 10am." HE'D ALREADY BEEN IN THERE OH SHI----

I was wondering when he did it myself. I just assumed it was some slight of hand I didn't catch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

supercarrot wrote:
did you notice that the stevia packet was white? (they're usually yellowish)

The Stevia packets I've had have been white. I hope I don't have ricin poisoning :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

lobsteriffic wrote:
Wow...I just can't imagine how this could have been more perfect. It's one of the best finales I've seen!

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ahhhhhhhhh so amazing. I loved the McGyvered gun popping out of the trunk. Yay Jesse, I'm so glad he made it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:41 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My first reaction was that it was great - so satisfying! But the more I think about it, the more I'm kind of picking it apart. From the keys falling in his lap to the ricin to having all the nazis within shooting distance at the right time... so much of it was unrealistic. Walt sure had one heck of a lucky streak for his last few days on earth. I mean, really - how the hell did he get the ricin in a stevia packet? Even if he made the packet himself - how?
And Jesse's fingerprints are all over that gun and lab, I hope he has a way to disappear himself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Where's the money!! I really hope that Jesse somehow overheard where they stashed it and gets it all in the end. I would hate to think of him out there in the world alone without a dime to his name after all of that! He's gonna have to go somewhere far far away and never come back.

I was pleased overall. They pretty much wrapped everything up and I was really happy that Skyler let Walt talk to her and see the baby one last time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:25 am 

didn't dude call it the hangout?
and even if it was a premade stevia packet, he might have been able to get it in with a syringe. (you need remarkably little ricin in your system to die from it)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I know they made it seem like it was in the Stevia pack, he said that to her right? But I was thinking that he paid the waiter to put it in her tea when he made it. I dunno? That seems easier to me than making your own stevia packet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:06 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

This was so perfect for the ending.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:25 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i thought the finale was really good. i didnt think it was super duper great like a lot of people. anticlimatic a bit i think.
i do think the way that Walt died was perfect but the episode itself was a bit anticlimactic.
i still have so many questions but obviously there werent gonna spell everything out for us and tie a nice bow on it.

i wanted to see more of what happens to the family. i guess we are supposed to be happy just assuming they get the money via the Grey Matter trust and live happily ever after?
Skyler's no dummy she will know who it's really from.

i loved that Badger and Skinny Pete made one last appearance!!!! they need a spinoff!

the way the nazi's were killed was pretty badass.
im confused about Walt's injury though. was it actually a bullet or was it shrapnel from everything flying around??

i loved how Uncle Jack died!! that sounds sick but he deserved it. BAM! and i thought it was perfect for Jesse to kill Todd like that.

my biggest issue with the Lydia/Stevia thing is that an entire packet of Stevia would make that tea taste nasty. i mean i dont know about the stevia habits of others but i put it in my coffee and one little packet lasts me like three days. and i have a wicked sweet tooth. i mean a whole packet??? and then she wants more??

damn girl!!

and also what about Marie? we dont really see what happens with her. just nothing i guess.
and as awesome as it was to see Jesse set free and he seemed happy you have to wonder what there is left in the world for him. especially since he didnt have a dime to his name, a place to sleep, other clothes, food to eat, etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next