| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: Pawnee's Snakehole Lounge (Parks & Rec)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:50 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Nebraskalaska wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
Both Trevor and I found the April pregnancy thing a bit weird! Like, she pretty clearly didn't want kids. And yes, she absolutely could have changed her mind after Leslie talked to her, but she had all these fears and questions and stuff that just...were never actually addressed? It was like, she didn't want kids pretty clearly and then just conceded on something that felt like it was probably pretty important to her. That was my one criticism of the episode. Other than that, perfect!

That was the one thing that bugged me about the finale too. Also, you really waited that long into your marriage to talk about having kids?

YAASSSSS I'm glad my other child-free ladies took issue with this. While I wasn't necessarily opposed to how they portrayed April and Andy still getting to undeniably be April and Andy after becoming parents (I mean, the first baby name she suggested was kinda awesome TBH), I was really disappointed by the whole debate to begin with. It just didn't seem like something April's character would have done, and even if she did change her mind, she just capitulated so quickly in the show that I would rather they not do it at all. I felt the dilemma of Andy wanting kids and her not being sure was realistic, especially since I've faced that dilemma myself and it's meant the end of a relationship for me. But I really disliked how tidily and neatly it's wrapped up, and the fact that it simply doesn't address the fact that some women are apprehensive about having kids, and then go on to NOT have them, and it's perfectly fine- it's definitely implied that Donna and her hubs don't have kids of their own, and I'm disappointed that they didn't throw a line out in service of that, validating that it's okay to have a family that doesn't include kids.

I think it's part of a larger problem I have with the last season, in that it treats kids as props and/or plot devices. Clearly I'm an amateur but even I have an inkling that the parents of toddler triplets just would not be living the life/having all the spare time and clean house that Leslie and Ben do.

This week's episode of Comedy Bang Bang actually featured Harris, and it was recorded just a few days before his death. I've listened to the show for a while now and really enjoy it, and I've never been as touched by it as I was by Scott Aukerman's introduction of Monday's episode. It was tough, you could tell he was on the verge of tears at some point. It was a hilarious episode and really underlined what a loss his death was to the comedy world.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tom and Lucy don't seem to have kids, either! Lots of people change their minds on kids, but it's definitely weird that they would bring up the debate at all, only to skip a year of decision-making and April's change of heart. Without it, it's almost like she was bullied into it, I guess? Just. . . POOF! She apparently wants kids now? I feel like if they wanted to change April's minds about kids, they should have done it BEFORE the finale, with plenty of time to have it make sense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:44 pm 
And you never will.

I agree with all of you! It wasn't a surprise to me that they cut to her giving birth though, since she was pretty obviously pregnant when she showed up at Donna's to tell Joe about the foundation they were setting up in the earlier clip. So, I kind of knew where they were going with it, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:06 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

oddspongeout wrote:
only to skip a year of decision-making and April's change of heart.

Not even! They skip to a year later and she's giving birth! That's assuming she changed her mind after three months and they got pregnant on the first try.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:09 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ahhh did you guys watch them on Seth Meyers??? It was really nice and heartwarming and then they sang Bye Bye Little Sebastian and what happened during that song will forever haunt my life.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:12 pm 
And you never will.

I watched them on Seth Meyers before I even saw the finale! I totally teared up when they started singing, and then suddenly I was like "NOOO! MY EYES!!!!"

It can never be unseen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

That's amazing. I actually clapped my hands with glee.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:06 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

veganchubosaurus wrote:
That's amazing. I actually clapped my hands with glee.

Same!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:50 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i finally watched it. i thought maybe if i left it on my dvr forever then it meant the show didnt actually end.
i need to watch it a second time as i basically watched it in what felt like 5 minute increments cause my kid is sick and i kept having to stop it cause i couldnt hear what was going on so im sure i missed things.

overall i felt it was such a perfect ending and they basically gave the audience what it wanted and tied everything up nicely with a bow.

i loved that Ann and Chris came back. that was a total surprise for me.

I LOVED the Jean-Ralphio ending with Mona Lisa. he was one of my absolute favorite characters.
i like that Gary ended up as mayor and lived a super long happy life. i always hated how much they made fun of him though he was pretty annoying.

i liked that V.P. Biden made one last appearance.

am i crazy i dont remember Typhoon from before????? what was he from?

i agree the April pregnancy thing was a bit odd. as someone who didnt want kids for 33ish years of their life and had a real hard time with whether or not i wanted to but changed my mind in the end i do understand changing your mind but even when they showed her with the baby she still seemed like not into it. at the very least if they were gonna make her have kids they could have made her happy about it in an April-esque way.

the other hting i didnt like is how Tom was like a (brief) failure. i was like NOOOO POOR TOM!!! i hated that. i know it seems like he made out well for himself in the end with the book but i wanted him to like be a big success and rolling in the cash and FLLUUUSSSHHH WITH CAAAAA-ASSSHHHH. i love Lucy and him together though.

im so gonna miss this show. i came to it a bit late and only started watching it within the last few seasons after watching the old ones on netflix but i so love it.

i love that they did one last big job in the end and i loved Ron in the canoe.

*sigh*

Parks and Rec movie?????? please?

EDIT: does anyone watch House of Lies? it has Ben Schwartz in it who plays Jean-Ralphio. is it a comedy or a drama? ive never watched it but keep thinking maybe i should

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:00 pm 
And you never will.

LisaPunk wrote:
am i crazy i dont remember Typhoon from before????? what was he from?

He was Donna's hair stylist and made a few appearances as such, then just recently (like, in the penultimate episode maybe?) he started doing Ron's hair too because his barber died.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh yeah i remember him doing rons hair now!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:42 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Who is that really awkward guy standing behind Seth Meyers?

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 pm 
And you never will.

takecare wrote:

Co-creator Michael Schur?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:08 pm 
Hip Goiter

My eyes are still burning from Aubrey and Jim! Because no matter what they are always April and Jerry to me and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! But it was almost worth it for Retta's face. Almost.

I blogged about the finale! If anyone wants to read me saying I LOVE THIS SHOW I LOVE THIS SHOW I LOVE THIS SHOW the link is below. I said more than that.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:50 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

poopiebitch wrote:
takecare wrote:

Co-creator Michael Schur?

Oh okay. That makes sense. That would probably have been explained if I had watched the whole segment.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:18 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

awkwarding:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:29 pm 
Hip Goiter

Omg it wasn't that funny to start but I am DYING at Perd thinking I am Sam is a Dr. Seuss adaptation. That is brilliant.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I loved seeing the audition footage! I've been re-watching lately after reading Amy's book and it's been so great.

Instagram: entropyandennui

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28