| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Glee!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

RandiJM wrote:
My blood is boiling - BOILING - at Kurt's ridiculous stance. Why is he against using the evidence to obtain justice against Sebastian? Seriously. I want justice allatimes and they actually have evidence that would work? Methinks he isn't thinking clearly. "Oh no, we won't use the evidence to get our justice on; instead we'll just sing better at Regionals! That'll show them not to seriously injure Blaine!"

Please, please, please tell me Santana has another copy of that...wait, was that a cassette tape?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i loved scream so, so much. and mike chang in eyeliner? rawr.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

bluedawg wrote:
i loved scream so, so much. and mike chang in eyeliner? rawr.

Yes. I don't like the song much but that was awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Ok Maybe this only bothered me because I just went through this with my daughter last year but...the skinny envelope means you weren't accepted. The acceptance is the big envelope.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:50 am 
Hip Goiter

geekywhitegirljoan wrote:
Ok Maybe this only bothered me because I just went through this with my daughter last year but...the skinny envelope means you weren't accepted. The acceptance is the big envelope.

Yes haha this is the universal sign! But maybe since they were only informed that they were finalists, not that they got in?
But did Rachel and Kurt not apply to other schools? Like safety schools? Come on people you need to hedge your bets!!
Also if Quinn were to get into Yale, her character would have been focusing solely on the application process all year. Did we see any of that? Was it the chastity club that sealed the deal? a letter of rec from the school counselor? Oh whatever I'll stop calling bullshiitake and accept the falsity.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:41 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

When I got into college, I got a skinny envelope with my acceptance letter and a separate fat envelope with all my financial aid and orientation info. They arrived the same day, so I didn't even see the skinny envelope, I just opened the fat envelope and got all excited because obviously if they had sent me info about my financial aid award, I had gotten in...but my sister was the one who actually looked at the rest of the mail and noticed there was another envelope with my official acceptance letter in it.

I also only wanted to go to one school, so even though I applied to others, it didn't really matter to me if I got in there...and if they were making a 43 minute TV show about me and my friends, my reactions to the other schools' responses would definitely not have been worth wasting airtime on ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:21 pm 

RandiJM wrote:
My blood is boiling - BOILING - at Kurt's ridiculous stance. Why is he against using the evidence to obtain justice against Sebastian? Seriously. I want justice allatimes and they actually have evidence that would work? Methinks he isn't thinking clearly. "Oh no, we won't use the evidence to get our justice on; instead we'll just sing better at Regionals! That'll show them not to seriously injure Blaine!"

I was speechless. Turn that shiitake over to the po-po. Do it. Performing a musical number isn't going to magically make him change his ways of being an unrepentant sleaze.

Really, the whole "we'll win with the power of music" sentiment would have gone over a little better if they had turned it over with the police not doing anything due to the DA situation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:33 pm 

choirqueer wrote:
When I got into college, I got a skinny envelope with my acceptance letter and a separate fat envelope with all my financial aid and orientation info. They arrived the same day, so I didn't even see the skinny envelope, I just opened the fat envelope and got all excited because obviously if they had sent me info about my financial aid award, I had gotten in...but my sister was the one who actually looked at the rest of the mail and noticed there was another envelope with my official acceptance letter in it.

I also only wanted to go to one school, so even though I applied to others, it didn't really matter to me if I got in there...and if they were making a 43 minute TV show about me and my friends, my reactions to the other schools' responses would definitely not have been worth wasting airtime on ;-)

I'm sure there is some variation..but I would have been afraid to walk into my daughter's school with the skinny envelope and hand it to her. For all of her schools it was the big envelope when you got in. You need to be able to cry about the rejection in the privacy of your home :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

geekywhitegirljoan wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

I'm sure there is some variation..but I would have been afraid to walk into my daughter's school with the skinny envelope and hand it to her. For all of her schools it was the big envelope when you got in. You need to be able to cry about the rejection in the privacy of your home :)

Yeah, that's how it was with UW- a small envelope first, big envelope later. Only I had been on vacation, so I got them both, saw the big one (and they typically say CONGRATULATIONS on them), and was content.
Also, there was only one school I wanted to go to both times I applied to colleges, the second time I only applied to one. They're both silly for only applying to one while seniors, though. It'd be different as a transfer student.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:41 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think I missed an episode because I had no idea Finn had proposed.

Anyway, the opening of the MJ episode made up for all the crappy episodes they've been giving us lately.

RandiJM wrote:
So...Glee...yeah...Grease episode? I'm going with hesitant optimism. OMG I wish it was Grease 2. No, Glee would destroy that. I hope Community does a Grease 2 ep!

I stopped reading this thread but is the Grease thing for real? I want to be excited, I hope they do it well.

And Community doing Grease or Grease 2 would be AWESOME!

RandiJM wrote:
The most ridiculous thing about the holiday weekend with the family: My ridiculous SIL (who loves Glee) actually made us listen to that red plastic cup song in the car, bc she actually loves it. Oh my.

I feel so sorry for you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:33 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

More eyeliner, please.

Oh and I cried again so I guess Glee is still doing it for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:21 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So I finally saw the proposal ep, I forking love that Moves Like Jagger song so I really enjoyed that mash up and I laughed a lot at Shu's proposal with all the swimmers

Also, in the MJ ep, I liked that Santana and evil, annoying guy had a dual by walking around some chairs and singing at each other. He sounded awful, Santana was clearly the winner.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just caught up - I couldn't be bothered with most of the songs in either episode, so it didn't take long. I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said.

Re: the casting of Rachel's dads - I <3 Jeff Goldblum, and that other dude is pretty hot (I had no idea who he was), so I'm OK with it. That said, I don't really know about JG singing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

rachell37 wrote:
Re: the casting of Rachel's dads - I <3 Jeff Goldblum, and that other dude is pretty hot (I had no idea who he was), so I'm OK with it. That said, I don't really know about JG singing.

I had to google that because I missed the news about her dads and then I noticed that Matt Bomer from White Collar is going to be in Glee!- I know appifanie will be as happy as I am!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh, the thing that annoyed me about the scene with Sebastian in the coffeehouse - he was straight up racist to Santana and none of her friends called him out! And she just shrank back! WTH?! And that thing about wanting his teammates to know what kind of person he is - surely they already know since he was ordering them to slushy the glee kids. I don't think singing "Black or White" is gonna make them realise if they hadn't already.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:39 pm 
Hip Goiter

I hope Goldblum leaves all the singing to BSM! How good would a duet between BSM and Matthew Morrison circa 2005 be? Haha. or BSM doing anything.
Here's a treat

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:15 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I was annoyed by the song choices in the MJ episode. A lot of them were boring. I know they were trying not to be obvious, but how many high schoolers know the slower songs anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

MelissaAnnM wrote:
I was annoyed by the song choices in the MJ episode. A lot of them were boring. I know they were trying not to be obvious, but how many high schoolers know the slower songs anyway?

My sister had a cello student (maybe 7 years old) who would only play "Ben" on his cello for her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

34 minutes in and there is so much about this episode I don't understand . . .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i can suspend disbelief for a LOT of things, but the idea that will has been teaching spanish All This Time and knows basically zero spanish is apparently my threshold of ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:18 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

And as if they would give the school counsellor, who teaches absolutely no classes, tenure. And is tenure actually a thing in American public schools?

Also, how does Will have a f/t job? And what the fizzle...he's going to fake teach history now? I feel appalled on behalf of my many friends with teaching degrees who are subbing or unemployed.

Best part as usual: Santana.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

vijita wrote:
And is tenure actually a thing in American public schools?

It was at my high school. The only teacher I know for sure had it was wacky, in the bad way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:03 pm 

Tenure is a thing. But usually it is automatic after you teach for a certain number of years. I am not really sure what the I have a tenure position open is about that is usually how it works in college where you have tenured and non tenured professors. I also thought it was weird that the counselor got tenure cause that is not a thing in american public schools. I have to laugh because I thought he was going to end up as a "fake" history teacher. My husband has been unemployed for 3 years from teaching history on the Community College level and can't find a job on the high school level either. It was pretty insulting that Will could just hop in there with out the experience or credentials...but hey I guess watching the history channel counts right?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

As a latina dentist, I extra appreciate this episode.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Ricky Martin was so good and I loved him and Santana together. And I love the Sam//Mercedes stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 125  Next