| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125
 Post subject: Re: Glee!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

It was a heroin overdose, mixed with a lot of alcohol.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

sad, sad, sad. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:20 pm 

Yeah, but on the plus side his memory and family will probably be spared a lot of the words and jokes that Amy Winehouse's death caused.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:04 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

It's still as tragic. I've been a little bit confused as to why people are thinking Cory shouldn't be mourned because he's just another celeb dying from an addiction. Celebrity culture is weird, for sure, but those of us who have followed and have had these actors in our face are still allowed to feel some sadness. Right? I am really sad for Cory's family and friends.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:18 am 

That's really not what I meant. Ever since having to sit through 'Rehab' jokes when Amy Winehouse died, whenever someone famous dies and it even might be from drugs I get really tense and ready to punch everyone around me. But in the public eye, he was never a joke or a junkie so luckily I have not heard a word about it that was negative. Addiction is the saddest disease because it's the only one that people will blame you for having.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 am 

I totally understand and agree.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:39 am 
Semen Strong

I think addiction is the saddest disease because we treat it like a moral failing that invalidates other aspects of the person. So many people feel free to make jokes about it, as though it wasn't a huge a loss to all those who loved them.

I wish we had more sympathy for people dealing with addiction, and could see someone like Cory who had so much going for him as an example of just how hard addiction is to shake - even with a lot of money, lots of support (in particular medical support) and a great career. I was so sad that there were so many cruel jokes about Whitney Houston as well - like her struggles took away something of how amazing she was as a singer, performer and person.

Cory was a very talented performer, from what I saw on Glee. Finn was a complicated character and the grounding "Everyman" in the Glee cast, and he was probably the character I found the most relate-able, even though we have nothing in common. I am sad for the loss of a talented performer, and even sadder for all those who loved him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:31 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i agree with all of you guys and i love you for not being a-holes. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:03 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

mbm and tofulish, very nicely put. it's just so awful and sad.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm not really looking forward to tonight's episode. i mean, i am, kind of... but i'm also 100% certain i'll be a bawling mess.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:31 pm 

I'm thinking about watching it. Did they mention his death in the first two episodes or is Finn just not in them and he 'dies' in the third?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 pm 
Hip Goiter

I can't watch it (because I was crying just at the commercials. I cry at everything. I cried at a Full House rerun last night) but I read about it and I love how they are doing it, not making it another Glee Teaching Moment/After School Special and just mourning Finn's death in itself. At least this way it isn't milking the tragedy for ratings as much as it could have. Would have verged on tasteless.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:40 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I'm thinking about watching it. Did they mention his death in the first two episodes or is Finn just not in them and he 'dies' in the third?

I read that they had already filmed the first two episodes with him, so they were just going to air those and then do a thing about his death in the third.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:56 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

finn wasn't in (or mentioned in) the first two eps. i think like ijdi said, they had already started filming those (the beatles eps), so they dedicated episode 3 to finn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 am 

I cried and cried. I dunno, that Cory Monteith's death just shook me. I know it sounds silly, but even just the fact that he grew up in the same places as me, was born in the same year, was the hugest fan of my beloved hockey team...is enough to set me off. Highlights were definitely Santana and Mercedes.

On a more trivial note, It felt weird seeing all of the random new people in the background. I know they really aren't that "new" but I wanted to see Britney and Quinn, not random Christian dude and newly Blaine-haircuted Puck (I miss the old look). Plus, it's just weird that Will stole the jersey. And Puck stealing the tree? what the fizzle? I felt like there might have been an inside joke I am not in on, in which case, I approve.

Man that scene with Kurt and his dad and Finn's mum was intense.

Sigh. I think it was tasteful and touching, with the inevitable bit of Glee WHAT THE? thrown in. My husband said it seemed exploitative at one point, so I kicked him off the couch. I just wanted to have my cry and know that that kid is loved and missed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:52 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

vijita wrote:
I cried and cried. I dunno, that Cory Monteith's death just shook me. I know it sounds silly, but even just the fact that he grew up in the same places as me, was born in the same year, was the hugest fan of my beloved hockey team...is enough to set me off. Highlights were definitely Santana and Mercedes.

On a more trivial note, It felt weird seeing all of the random new people in the background. I know they really aren't that "new" but I wanted to see Britney and Quinn, not random Christian dude and newly Blaine-haircuted Puck (I miss the old look). Plus, it's just weird that Will stole the jersey. And Puck stealing the tree? what the fizzle? I felt like there might have been an inside joke I am not in on, in which case, I approve.

Man that scene with Kurt and his dad and Finn's mum was intense.

Sigh. I think it was tasteful and touching, with the inevitable bit of Glee WHAT THE? thrown in. My husband said it seemed exploitative at one point, so I kicked him off the couch. I just wanted to have my cry and know that that kid is loved and missed.

Yeah, I really didn't think this episode would affect me that much, but I sobbed and sobbed. It was Finn's mom and Burt that set me off, and then after that I couldn't stop. I don't know if I would have been as touched if it was just about the fictional character dying, but the fact that the cast was mourning a real person made it raw and powerful.

The cry was cathartic, though, so I feel all better now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:39 pm 
Semen Strong

Wow, when Finn's mother says "You have to wake up everyday and still be a parent, but you don't get to have a child any more." Wow. Such a succinct and perfect statement on loss.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Okay, so I am apparently the only person watching Glee anymore. I was excited in a recent episode where it started to seem like there were going to address race issues, but they kind of blew it. I couldn't find much discussion about the race story line online, but here's one article that addressed it fairly well.

http://battymamzelle.blogspot.com/2014/ ... 1goLM5nTTo

Did anyone see this episode?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:22 am 

Oh I was wondering if Glee was on again! I'll catch up and probably join the conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:18 am 

I just watched the most recent episode (Rachel's debut in Funny Girl). Dudes, what IS this show about now? I mean it was fine, but Sue's storyline was ridiculous. At least it only had the old cast in it, because I sure don't give a shiitake what the newbs and dready guy are up to back at the school. They probably should have cancelled the show when Cory Monteith passed, or realistically, it should have only been a couple of seasons long. Sorry, Glee negativity here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 pm 
Inflexitarian

I have enjoyed the shows as enjoyable fluff. It used to mean a little more, but it's still fun, and silly. It's what I need right now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I didn't realize it was still on! I watched season 4 when it was on and then forgot about Glee. So now I'm 5 or 6 episodes into season 5. I don't like it as much as the first few seasons, but it gives me something easy to watch while I knit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125