| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 851 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

KarynMC wrote:
bastah wrote:
KarynMC wrote:
Also, I think Stefan's just kind of weird looking.

He is one of those rare individuals that offers way more eye candy than his face. Not much can beat shirtless Stefan.

I'm big on faces!

Anyway, I watched "The House Guest" again today and I am so forking ready for someone to spill the beans to Jenna. It annoys me that she's been in the dark so long.

<3 for your anger that no one else over thinks it and because you're right - someone tell Jenna! And it better be Alaric or she's gonna be pissed. Pissed-er. More pissed-er.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yeah, I feel a bit sorry for Jenna, she's going to feel so stupid for believing them for so long. Alaric has to tell her or Elena and if she freaks, Stef or Damon can just wipe her memory.

And it's ok if you don't like Stefan, more for Bastah and I :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Quote:
if she freaks, Stef or Damon can just wipe her memory.

I don't see this happening, just because the last episode was all about telling vs. withholding the truth, and the truth came out in every instance (Katherine told Damon she's there to save Stefan from Isobel and John Gilbert; Bonnie told Elena about Jeremy; Caroline sang to Matt [BTW, why do shows keep choosing songs other shows already did better than they ever could?]; Caroline fed her blood to Matt; Isobel showed up on Jenna's doorstep).

Plus, keeping the truth from Jenna demonstrably leaves her *less* safe. She keeps letting vampires inside, and she confuses Katherine with Elena because she has no idea Katherine even exists. It's dumb! I think she should have learned the truth around the same time that Jeremy did.

I like Alaric. Can I have Alaric?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:09 pm 

KarynMC wrote:
I like Alaric. Can I have Alaric?

yes! jenna's going to dump him, so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:06 pm 

You guys! This is the new promo for the next episode. UH OH!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:14 pm 

Some people have been speculating that Damon is gonna turn Elena, like in the books. I think that probably would be a bad idea. The writers are all just being annoying and vague right now. Grrr writers!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:53 pm 

KarynMC wrote:
Some people have been speculating that Damon is gonna turn Elena, like in the books. I think that probably would be a bad idea. The writers are all just being annoying and vague right now. Grrr writers!

Spoiler: show
That's my thought as well. BUT this is a preview for next week's ep, and I can't see her getting turned that soon. I totally thought she was turned when I first watched it, but again, it's too soon. I think that will happen during the finale (Kevin Williamson said it's going to happen, but he also made it sound like it was only going to be a temporary thing... at least!) So I think someone is dead maybe. Bonnie? Jeremy?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:55 am 

Oooh so good! But who punched who? I couldn't tell!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:09 pm 

appifanie wrote:
Oooh so good! But who punched who? I couldn't tell!!

I'm 90% sure that was Alaric punching John. What if John staked Isobel?! OMG, maybe John told Jenna about vampires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:49 pm 

bastah wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

That's my thought as well. BUT this is a preview for next week's ep, and I can't see her getting turned that soon. I totally thought she was turned when I first watched it, but again, it's too soon. I think that will happen during the finale (Kevin Williamson said it's going to happen, but he also made it sound like it was only going to be a temporary thing... at least!) So I think someone is dead maybe. Bonnie? Jeremy?

At one point, I read the books' Wiki. Elena is only temporarily a vamp, so I can see that happening. My issue with it is Klaus. As in, his reaction to Katherine suggests that vampirism is not a sufficient "get out of curse free" card.

Someone's dying for sure. JP & co. have promised that much. They have also said that it won't be Caroline.

(Also, I'm pretty sure that preview was for the rest of the season). :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:43 pm 

KarynMC wrote:
bastah wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

At one point, I read the books' Wiki. Elena is only temporarily a vamp, so I can see that happening. My issue with it is Klaus. As in, his reaction to Katherine suggests that vampirism is not a sufficient "get out of curse free" card.

Someone's dying for sure. JP & co. have promised that much. They have also said that it won't be Caroline.

haha It does look like A LOT of action for just one episode. But they've done that before. Yeah, my thought was that it was for the rest of the season, but they are still filming. The clip could be labeled wrong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

KarynMC wrote:
bastah wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

Yep, Elena gets turned in the books but Damon didn't do it on purpose. Then she dies for real and she's stuck in a spirit world but then comes back as some floaty being with powerful wings...it's cuh-razy. So I think they'll do the vamp thing but hopefully they'll figure out a less-crazy way to make it temporary if they decide she won't be a permanent vamp and I hope they realise how crazy the rest of the books are and ignore them completely.

So excited for this to come back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:05 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

KarynMC wrote:

Dammit, I shouldn't have read that!

So, yet another show I've been sucked into watching thanks to the PPK! I watched two seasons in about a month, and was shocked when I'd caught up, but I did just in time!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 pm 

designedtobekind wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

So, yet another show I've been sucked into watching thanks to the PPK! I watched two seasons in about a month, and was shocked when I'd caught up, but I did just in time!

It wasn't a spoiler, promise! Just something fans have been speculating since the latest trailer came out.

There are lots of spoilers out right now. I'm just too lazy to collect them all here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 pm 

designedtobekind wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

Nothing from the books is much of a spoiler. People think that True Blood varies wildly from the books, but in comparison to the Vampire Diaries, True Blood pretty much follows the books to a T.

The PPK has made me watch a bunch of shows too!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:51 pm 

bastah wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

Nothing from the books is much of a spoiler. People think that True Blood varies wildly from the books, but in comparison to the Vampire Diaries, True Blood pretty much follows the books to a T.

The books sound so extremely bad that I think not following them was a supremely wise move! I mean, the smoke and bird thing was from the books, and it was the dumbest vampire superpower I've ever seen onscreen. Especially when Damon bragged about it. Dude, all you need is The Magic Countdown playing, and you would have had a magic show. *Not* scary, man.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:06 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

KarynMC wrote:
bastah wrote:

The books sound so extremely bad that I think not following them was a supremely wise move! I mean, the smoke and bird thing was from the books, and it was the dumbest vampire superpower I've ever seen onscreen. Especially when Damon bragged about it. Dude, all you need is The Magic Countdown playing, and you would have had a magic show. *Not* scary, man.

I read this as "The Final Countdown," which was even more hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:07 pm 

KarynMC wrote:

Hahahaha I cannot stop laughing at that. I understand why they never brought that back, but vampire superpowers have never been brought up again, which doesn't fit. Although, the Originals have cool superpowers, so maybe that's good enough.

DUUUUUUUUDE, someone needs to make a Youtube video with Damon's superpower, him bragging about it, and The Magic Countdown playing. And then something else needs to be done to connect it all and polish it up. That would be hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:08 pm 

designedtobekind wrote:
KarynMC wrote:
bastah wrote:

I read this as "The Final Countdown," which was even more hilarious.

That's what I meant! I've been typing weird all day (staple instead of cycle, etc).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 pm 

bastah wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

Hahahaha I cannot stop laughing at that. I understand why they never brought that back, but vampire superpowers have never been brought up again, which doesn't fit.

Well, they also dropped the double voiceovers pretty quick, and I was super happy about that, too!

I can't really remember what the line was. Something like, "You should see what I can do with fog and birds."

Really, Damon? Please. Please tell me what horrific, horrific things you plan to do with fog and birds. Mess up the paint job on Stefan's car?

bastah wrote:
DUUUUUUUUDE, someone needs to make a Youtube video with Damon's superpower, him bragging about it, and The Magic Countdown playing. And then something else needs to be done to connect it all and polish it up. That would be hilarious.

I would support the making of that video!

ETA - Someone should incorporate G.O.B's dead doves, too. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

a damon/gob video = hilarious!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:49 pm 

There are very few occasions where I go, "Man! I wish I knew how to make fanvids!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:56 pm 

rocklobster wrote:

YES! Someone needs to make the video and make Gob Damon's assistant (Damon obviously wouldn't be the assistant)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Someone make that video!

And yes, it's a very, very good thing that they aren't taking their plot ideas from the books.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:24 am 
Ninja Master

bastah wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

YES! Someone needs to make the video and make Gob Damon's assistant (Damon obviously wouldn't be the assistant)

Oh my god, I can't tell you how happy this video would make me if it existed.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 851 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next