| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 851 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:20 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
I wonder if there's a place where you can request Youtube videos (like the places where you can request fanfic)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2466
Location: The Ether
bastah wrote:
I wonder if there's a place where you can request Youtube videos (like the places where you can request fanfic)

I don't know the least bit about TVD fandom, so I have no idea where this exists. I'd lay money on the fact that it does, though.

_________________
Karyn is actually just a collection of horrible thoughts masquerading as a person. -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:11 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2466
Location: The Ether
The car product placements on this show are *so* blatant that I get annoyed.

_________________
Karyn is actually just a collection of horrible thoughts masquerading as a person. -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
bastah wrote:
rocklobster wrote:
a damon/gob video = hilarious!

YES! Someone needs to make the video and make Gob Damon's assistant (Damon obviously wouldn't be the assistant)

I'm just imagining the scene with Gob playing pool and asking his assistant to put another hole in the wall, except now with Damon as Gob and Gob as the assistant. ah so good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
come on guys, i know you watched the episode live with me! where are your comments??? How does this show pack so much action into every episode, I could never be that creative


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
SO GOOD! haha yes, the product placement sucks.

Have you seen the extended preview for next week? HOLY COW! I want it to be next week.
Spoiler: show
Alaric is hot as Klaus. This ep was the first time he became hot to me. They're so killing him off next ep, aren't they? I want to know what was going on between Elena and Damon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
I did not see it but your spoiler makes me very excited! And I'm with you on Alaric lookin smokin tonight! Truly amazing transformation!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:15 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
bastah wrote:
Have you seen the extended preview for next week? HOLY COW! I want it to be next week.
Spoiler: show
Alaric is hot as Klaus. This ep was the first time he became hot to me. They're so killing him off next ep, aren't they? I want to know what was going on between Elena and Damon

I haven't seen the preview but I can't wait for the next ep, so much happened in this one. I didn't notice anything going on between Damon/Elena, maybe I missed it? Or I'm just blinded by her and Stefan <3

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:49 am 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7071
Location: Fort Drum NY
Great episode! But I'm confused. I guess I'm not, but I feel like I am.

Also, I still love Bearemy. (That's what I'm calling them.)

And poor Caroline!! :(

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:00 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2466
Location: The Ether
I was kinda ... annoyed with a lot of it.

I presumed that Isobel was double-crossing Katherine. I just wanted her to stop apologizing to everyone. At first I thought she committed suicide, which would have been dumb, but then I was reminded that Originals compel their vampire minions to kill themselves. So.

Also, Damon put the moonstone in the soap? SO DUMB. I imagine that vamps use the bathroom less often than humans, but we've seen Damon in the bathtub. We know they *wash.*

I'm also grumpy that the writers put off telling Jenna the truth about vampires.

I did like Matt's double-cross of Caroline. Him wanting his memory wiped did not sit well with me, so I was relieved when it turned out that he was working with Caro's mom.

_________________
Karyn is actually just a collection of horrible thoughts masquerading as a person. -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:21 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
Kitteh wrote:
bastah wrote:
Have you seen the extended preview for next week? HOLY COW! I want it to be next week.
Spoiler: show
Alaric is hot as Klaus. This ep was the first time he became hot to me. They're so killing him off next ep, aren't they? I want to know what was going on between Elena and Damon

I haven't seen the preview but I can't wait for the next ep, so much happened in this one. I didn't notice anything going on between Damon/Elena, maybe I missed it? Or I'm just blinded by her and Stefan <3

Spoiler: show
no no, Damon and Elena in the NEXT ep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:00 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
bastah wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
bastah wrote:
Have you seen the extended preview for next week? HOLY COW! I want it to be next week.
Spoiler: show
Alaric is hot as Klaus. This ep was the first time he became hot to me. They're so killing him off next ep, aren't they? I want to know what was going on between Elena and Damon

I haven't seen the preview but I can't wait for the next ep, so much happened in this one. I didn't notice anything going on between Damon/Elena, maybe I missed it? Or I'm just blinded by her and Stefan <3

Spoiler: show
no no, Damon and Elena in the NEXT ep!

Ohhhhhhhhh! Got it ;)

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:01 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Maryland
Yeah, the soap dish? Really? Why not hide in Bonnie's house, or somewhere vampires would never be invited in/check? Hide it in the school. Bury it. Toss it out at sea. I mean, come on.

Aww, Bonnie and Jeremy!

Yes, for some reason Alaric is way more attractive now that he's possessed by someone evil. What's wrong with me?

I'm scared for Caroline. It's awful that her mother can only see her as evil now that she's been turned. I'm also reading way too much into a TV show.

_________________
"Noooo! Karyn, you have to stop posting old Jensen pics. He looks way too smooth in those pics, like if I touch his face it'll feel like silk or bosoms or something."-mixmaster_mo
It's Raining Kale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:37 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
TVD has lost 1 MILLION viewers! Those who know people with Nielsen boxes, makes them watch TVD! This show is too good to lose.

Yeah, I don't get why the moonstone was in the soap dish. Also why did Katherine go upstairs and into Damon's bathroom to wash her hands? I mean, maybe that's the only sink, but doubtful. At least Damon took off his shirt before discovering that the moonstone was gone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:56 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2466
Location: The Ether
bastah wrote:
TVD has lost 1 MILLION viewers! Those who know people with Nielsen boxes, makes them watch TVD! This show is too good to lose.

Yeah, I don't get why the moonstone was in the soap dish. Also why did Katherine go upstairs and into Damon's bathroom to wash her hands? I mean, maybe that's the only sink, but doubtful. At least Damon took off his shirt before discovering that the moonstone was gone

I wouldn't worry. TVD is pretty much guaranteed a renewal. I think it's the CW's highest rated scripted drama? Also, they lost a tenth of the audience from their last original episode. Keep in mind that *all* shows go down in the ratings in the spring. A lot of shows had lower ratings this Thursday. A 1.821 is pretty bad for a show that usually scores in the 3 million range, but I would not panic yet.

Quote:
Of course Fox won the adults 18-49 ratings on Tuesday night, but American Idol’s 6.1 adults 18-49 rating was down 9% vs. last Thursday and down 9% versus last year’s equivalent episode (though might recover some of it back in the final numbers). Bones returned up 3% from its last original with a 3.4 adults 18-49 rating, though that was down 11% from last week’s telecast of Mobbed.

CBS was second for the night with an all-original lineup. The Big Bang Theory was down 3% from its last original to a 3.6 adults 18-49 rating but Rules of Engagement was up 4% to a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating. CSI was down a tenth to a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating and The Mentalist was up a tenth from its last original to a 2.9 adults 18-49 rating.

NBC was all repeats last night except for originals of Perfect Couples and Outsourced. Perfect Couples drew a series-low tying 1.o adults 18-49 rating in what seems likely to be its last televised episode (outside of burnoff). Next week The Paul Reiser Show takes over the 8:30p time slot. Outsourced hit a series low with a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating.

ABC ran an all-repeat lineup.

The Vampire Diaries and Nikita each returned down a tenth with adults 18-49 from their last original episodes.


_________________
Karyn is actually just a collection of horrible thoughts masquerading as a person. -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:07 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
That's true, but I still hate to see ratings go down.


Soo... none of my business at all, but... Ian. Sometimes in candid pics, his cheeks are REALLY rosy and other times they're not at all. So what I'm wondering is if makeup is used to cover the rosiness or if his cheeks are normally rosy because he has been drinking?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:55 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
OK, and seriously, I have watched Alaric as Klaus about 10 times. I had no idea that he could be sooooooooooooooooooooo hot. So far he's beating out Damon and Elijah. New favorite character! Go Matt Davis! I have been wondering what his appeal his for the longest time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:19 pm
Posts: 1804
Location: North Carolina
It is RIDICULOUS that they won't tell Jenna what's going on. Every single person in the entire town knows, basically, except for her. Would it not be a good idea in the interest of her own safety to know that a wide variety of vampires are running around her house at all hours of the day and night?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:45 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
While it makes the most sense to tell her and it's only fair, it's fun having her not know. It's nice to have a character who has no idea what is going on. It keeps the show grounded in reality (or something)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2466
Location: The Ether
bastah wrote:
While it makes the most sense to tell her and it's only fair, it's fun having her not know. It's nice to have a character who has no idea what is going on. It keeps the show grounded in reality (or something)

I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

Not telling Jenna has dragged on far too long. Plus, it leaves her less safe, so from a character motivation standpoint (Elena and Alaric want to protect her) it makes zero sense. Also, there is no grounding on this show. Give up on grounding.

Anyway ...

A friend and I were talking about characterization on the show, and how we think it does a better job with the bad guys/morally ambiguous characters than the "good" ones. What do Elena/Bonnie/Jeremy/Stefan want in any given scene? It's usually about protecting or loving or trying to get with somebody, but we don't get any real doubt (except Stefan and Elena trying to decide if they want to stay together, which isn't what I'm talking about). Bonnie and Elena are 17, and they both seem pretty willing to die to protect people. That's fine, but man do I want a "Prophecy Girl"-style temper tantrum *first.*

Whereas, I think Damon, Caroline, Tyler and Katherine are pretty interesting characters who have developed or been given a back story that helps us understand them. I also like Liz, and I think this new direction with Matt could be a good thing for him (even if it's also way dangerous heading toward a season finale).

_________________
Karyn is actually just a collection of horrible thoughts masquerading as a person. -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:17 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
KarynMC wrote:
bastah wrote:
While it makes the most sense to tell her and it's only fair, it's fun having her not know. It's nice to have a character who has no idea what is going on. It keeps the show grounded in reality (or something)

I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

Not telling Jenna has dragged on far too long. Plus, it leaves her less safe, so from a character motivation standpoint (Elena and Alaric want to protect her) it makes zero sense. Also, there is no grounding on this show. Give up on grounding.

Anyway ...

A friend and I were talking about characterization on the show, and how we think it does a better job with the bad guys/morally ambiguous characters than the "good" ones. What do Elena/Bonnie/Jeremy/Stefan want in any given scene? It's usually about protecting or loving or trying to get with somebody, but we don't get any real doubt (except Stefan and Elena trying to decide if they want to stay together, which isn't what I'm talking about). Bonnie and Elena are 17, and they both seem pretty willing to die to protect people. That's fine, but man do I want a "Prophecy Girl"-style temper tantrum *first.*

Whereas, I think Damon, Caroline, Tyler and Katherine are pretty interesting characters who have developed or been given a back story that helps us understand them. I also like Liz, and I think this new direction with Matt could be a good thing for him (even if it's also way dangerous heading toward a season finale).

You'd think that at the very least, they would compel Jenna to not invite people into the house. And yeah, after she stabbed herself, you'd think they would have done something to prevent that from happening again. It has to be because they want a clueless character. So instead they could have kept Matt clueless and could have told Jenna.

The "good" characters you named have become quite boring. Elena needs more substance. Stefan needs to show his fangs more often. Jeremy needs to disappear. Bonnie needs to get interesting again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:48 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7071
Location: Fort Drum NY
NO DISAPPEARING JEREMY.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:10 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2466
Location: The Ether
Spoiler: show
Well, the producers have said that three people will die before the end of the season.

Who wants to start the tontine?

_________________
Karyn is actually just a collection of horrible thoughts masquerading as a person. -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:21 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
appifanie wrote:
NO DISAPPEARING JEREMY.

He doesn't have to die! He can just get a scholarship and go away to boarding school.

KarynMC wrote:
Spoiler: show
Well, the producers have said that three people will die before the end of the season.

Who wants to start the tontine?

Spoiler: show
WOW! OK, so my guess is that some will be characters that we wouldn't even consider and ones that we don't care about. Maybe Sheriff Forbes or Carol Lockwood. I'm pretty sure that Alaric will die. I actually gave this some serious thought and I think these people are safe: Elena, Stefan, Damon, Jenna, Jeremy. While Bonnie could die, she is the only witch, so I don't think they'd want to get rid of her. Caroline doesn't serve much of a purpose, but the fans would be pissed if she was killed off. I say that Jenna and Jeremy are safe, because the show centers around Elena who has already lost her parents... they can't have her lose more people. She'd be broken.

Maybe Katherine, Klaus, and Elijah? I don't want any of them to die though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2480
Do you think we'll ever meet the original person who came before the doppelgangers?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 851 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer