| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2410
Kitteh wrote:
bastah wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
So I finished books 1-4 and they weren't as bad as the first time I read them. I just finished book 5, I had to force myself to keep reading, it was just ridiculous. I don't think they are going to borrow much of the plot from the books, at least I hope they don't.

Book spoiler:
Spoiler: show
Elena becomes a vamp thanks to Damon and Stefan both sharing blood with her. Katherine returns to the town but no one realises it, she influences the weather and Elena drives her car in to a river and dies but she comes back as a vamp. Later she helps Stefan and Damon fight Katherine and then dies again. She returns as a spirit that can communicate with Bonnie as she's a psychic. Turns out Klaus is also a vamp/spirit thing and he's tormenting Elena and wants to destroy the town. They all fight him and Elena comes back as a human/spirit/angel-thing. After a few days she thinks she's a human but then she realises she has super powers when they fight the next bad guys in town. These bad guys use plants to attack people and infect people with insects that take over their body. In this genre everything is unbelievable but this is just getting ridiculous! I'm onto book 6, Stefan has been imprisoned in the dark dimension and Elena, Matt and Damon are trying to find him. Also, Caroline is the one who gets used in each book, basically she's hated Elena from book one and each bad guy influences her. Now they think she's pregnant to Tyler which in the books means she will turn into a were during pregnancy. I don't know if I'll even buy book 7.

Hahaha. Well, here's a HUGE spoiler about what the writers/creators said will happen on the TV show
Spoiler: show
Elena will become a vamp (possibly season 2 finale), but it sounds like she won't stay a vamp, which is good. Kevin said that she gets in and out of that situation, so it sounds a little like the books, but hopefully she'll be a human with no superpowers

Spoiler: show
I don't think it's a bad thing if she becomes a vamp, maybe it will have something to do with the curse or maybe Elijah is so powerful he'd be able to turn her back again?

The super powers are weird, she was able to heal everyone after a fight, then came back as this human that could float and wasn't able to talk. 3 days later she was able to talk again and she realised she can call on wings, like Wings of Healing or something and she gets wings and is able to fly and heal and do crazy stuff. Now she's realised she can leave her body and visit people, she's been visiting Stefan while he's locked in a prison that they can't even find, but out of her body she's able to visit him. So crazy.

While that sounds interesting and all, I have no interest in reading that.
Spoiler: show
I hope that it's Elijah who makes her human again! I freaking love that guy and all of his cool powers. He needs to be a permanent character. Maybe Elena's new man


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
Kitteh wrote:
So I finished books 1-4 and they weren't as bad as the first time I read them. I just finished book 5, I had to force myself to keep reading, it was just ridiculous. I don't think they are going to borrow much of the plot from the books, at least I hope they don't.

Book spoiler:
Spoiler: show
Elena becomes a vamp thanks to Damon and Stefan both sharing blood with her. Katherine returns to the town but no one realises it, she influences the weather and Elena drives her car in to a river and dies but she comes back as a vamp. Later she helps Stefan and Damon fight Katherine and then dies again. She returns as a spirit that can communicate with Bonnie as she's a psychic. Turns out Klaus is also a vamp/spirit thing and he's tormenting Elena and wants to destroy the town. They all fight him and Elena comes back as a human/spirit/angel-thing. After a few days she thinks she's a human but then she realises she has super powers when they fight the next bad guys in town. These bad guys use plants to attack people and infect people with insects that take over their body. In this genre everything is unbelievable but this is just getting ridiculous! I'm onto book 6, Stefan has been imprisoned in the dark dimension and Elena, Matt and Damon are trying to find him. Also, Caroline is the one who gets used in each book, basically she's hated Elena from book one and each bad guy influences her. Now they think she's pregnant to Tyler which in the books means she will turn into a were during pregnancy. I don't know if I'll even buy book 7.


Thanks for the summary!

Spoiler: show
I only made it til shortly after Elena becomes a vamp - I didn't know the DARK POWER was Katharine. That all sounds SO BAD I couldn't even read the full summaries and details you and bastah gave! Wow. LJ Smith is a lucky shiitake that the CW could make her lousy asparagus books such a great show!

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2410
Is it January 27th yet?
Image


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
Haha, only a few weeks to go! We should have a party on Jan 27, you, me & Appi can watch the new episode & paint our nails :p

I gave up on book #6, too long & crazy.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
bastah are we facebook friends?

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
Kitteh wrote:
Haha, only a few weeks to go! We should have a party on Jan 27, you, me & Appi can watch the new episode & paint our nails :p

I gave up on book #6, too long & crazy.

excuse me! i want an invite!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:23 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2410
rocklobster wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
Haha, only a few weeks to go! We should have a party on Jan 27, you, me & Appi can watch the new episode & paint our nails :p

I gave up on book #6, too long & crazy.

excuse me! i want an invite!!!!!

Yeah, I love this idea!!

Appi, no, but I just sent you an invite (I'm Becca/Rainbow Brite)


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
rocklobster wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
Haha, only a few weeks to go! We should have a party on Jan 27, you, me & Appi can watch the new episode & paint our nails :p

I gave up on book #6, too long & crazy.

excuse me! i want an invite!!!!!

Sorry, RockLobster! You HAVE to come too! :)

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:15 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
bastah wrote:
rocklobster wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
Haha, only a few weeks to go! We should have a party on Jan 27, you, me & Appi can watch the new episode & paint our nails :p

I gave up on book #6, too long & crazy.

excuse me! i want an invite!!!!!

Yeah, I love this idea!!

Appi, no, but I just sent you an invite (I'm Becca/Rainbow Brite)


oh good! I was wondering :D

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:28 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:26 pm
Posts: 789
Location: Denver
I wish I could play, but I have to work on Thursday nights.

_________________
Whoa Wren


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2410
Tomorrow is the big day! Until then, enjoy this new promo video:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/sexy-vampire-diaries-trailer-video-season-tw/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
Did you see, they have billboards up saying CatchVD and their publicist is saying anyone reading more into it should probably get themselves checked out. love it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2410
rocklobster wrote:
Did you see, they have billboards up saying CatchVD and their publicist is saying anyone reading more into it should probably get themselves checked out. love it!

YES! I saw that! In NYC, right? I really hope that more people start watching. It's already the most-watched show on the CW, but I want it to have a True Blood sized viewership


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
I just got a friend hooked on it, she watched the entire 1st season and is now onto season 2!

I gave up on book #6, I can't take any more.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:16 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
Kitteh wrote:
I just got a friend hooked on it, she watched the entire 1st season and is now onto season 2!

I gave up on book #6, I can't take any more.


I'm impressed you made it that far! I quit in 2 or 3 - SO BAD. I say again, LJ Smith should forever bow at the feet of whoever made her horrible books awesome.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
bastah wrote:
rocklobster wrote:
Did you see, they have billboards up saying CatchVD and their publicist is saying anyone reading more into it should probably get themselves checked out. love it!

YES! I saw that! In NYC, right? I really hope that more people start watching. It's already the most-watched show on the CW, but I want it to have a True Blood sized viewership

I read that its right next to the Disney Store, hehe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 631
Location: Utah
Oh how I love Vampire Diaries, but the books seriously sucked. I could barely finish the first book.

Anyways Ian Somerhalder is just way to gorgeous in everything that he does. All you have to do is look into those eyes of his and bam your sucked in.

Well I'm just excited for tonights episode everything is so intense this season!

_________________
Bloggity Blog:PeaceLoveandFruits http://loveandfruits.blogspot.com/

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
Yes Damon. Leave your crazy, bloodthirsty vampire girlfriend alone with Elena. THAT'S a good plan.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:11 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2410
Did you know that you can call Isobel's number? (919) 399-2507. Do it (you're intended to call it. Don't worry, you won't be pranking anyone)!

Yeah, Damon was a moron for leaving Elena alone with her. That ep was all right. I liked the last 5 minutes the most! I hope Jules dies soon


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
appifanie wrote:
Yes Damon. Leave your crazy, bloodthirsty vampire girlfriend alone with Elena. THAT'S a good plan.

Haha, talk about obvious!

bastah wrote:
Did you know that you can call Isobel's number? (919) 399-2507. Do it (you're intended to call it. Don't worry, you won't be pranking anyone)!

Yeah, Damon was a moron for leaving Elena alone with her. That ep was all right. I liked the last 5 minutes the most! I hope Jules dies soon

I doubt it will work if I ring it from Aus, is it a recorded message?

And I found the ep was a good but if was a bit slow and obvious, the way it kept cutting back to Elena and Rose, oh look she's gone rabid and disappeared again . But, I did cry when Damon and Rose were in that dream or whatever that was and when he staked her. And I liked when he confessed to the girl on the road, poor Damon.

Also, I hope Jules dies too, she's so going to turn Tyler against Caroline.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:48 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 631
Location: Utah
Yeah I saw that you could call the number and I thought it was weird that they did that.

Anyways I don't like Jules. Why does that actress always play the people we should hate on t.v. shows. I mean come on she's so pretty, she needs to pick a nice role next time.

I especially loved the end of the show and almost cried as well when Rose died.

_________________
Bloggity Blog:PeaceLoveandFruits http://loveandfruits.blogspot.com/

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:56 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2410
You do get a recording when you call that number.

While that episode was a bit meh, it actually set the stage for so much! Here is what Lee from http://thetelevixen.com/2011/01/tvd-the-descent/ brings up:

"Will Tyler betray Caroline now that he knows she’s been keeping secrets from him, especially concerning the truth about Uncle Mason?

Why is Jules really in Mystic Falls?

More werewolves “are on their way.” Who are they? Could there be Original Wolves, much like our Original Vampires, also bent on breaking The Curse first?

What will Bonnie Bennett do when she finds out what Damon has done (because you know she’s going to)? If she declares war, will lines be drawn between friends and allies?

Will Elijah and Damon’s dynamic change now that Damon has reverted back to his old ways?

What on earth possessed Stefan to bring Uncle John back to Mystic Falls?


Um, let’s see: more werewolves are on their way to Mystic Falls, Elijah’s lying in wait for an expected Klaus, John Gilbert is back in town, and Damon Salvatore just went diving off the deep end. My theory: ALL HELL IS ABOUT TO BREAK LOOSE!"


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
this show is so goddamn action packed! i keep looking at the clock and seeing we have so much time left a million more twists can happen. its my favorite guilty-pleasure show ever. im glad to see the wolves can do cool shiitake, they seemed pretty lame before this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:58 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 631
Location: Utah
That last episode did any ones jaw drop when Ian Somerhalder was in the bath tub?

.......

just me? oh....okay.....

_________________
Bloggity Blog:PeaceLoveandFruits http://loveandfruits.blogspot.com/

"If I was a celebrity with Twitter, I would totally use it to fork with people" -DangerZone


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:19 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
LoveandFruits wrote:
That last episode did any ones jaw drop when Ian Somerhalder was in the bath tub?

.......

just me? oh....okay.....


Uh no - THE SHOWER! RAWR.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer