| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:04 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

bastah wrote:
This show is amazing

it really is! i was just trying to explain it to the husband and i knew it sounded bad and i couldn't accurately describe the awesomeness.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:11 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

watching VD is the most fun i have watching tv. and i LOVE tv.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This was a great episode! I'm glad Elena realised Damon is not like Stefan (I want her to keep on waiting for Stefan to return).

I think Tyler and Caroline are my favourite thing about the show right now, he looked so happy to see her when he got home <3

Katherine totally fooled me too, I wonder what she's up to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:41 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Is anyone else irritated by his sister calling Klaus "Nick" ? Is it Klaus, or is it Nick? At least Katherine and Katerina are similar, I get that.

Also, am I the only one who's never heard the expression, "Take a beat" ?

And if Damon is far away, who's going to rescue Elena?!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:10 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

ndpittman wrote:
Is anyone else irritated by his sister calling Klaus "Nick" ? Is it Klaus, or is it Nick? At least Katherine and Katerina are similar, I get that.

Also, am I the only one who's never heard the expression, "Take a beat" ?

And if Damon is far away, who's going to rescue Elena?!

His name is Niklaus. So both Klaus and Nik are his nicknames.

Haha in the previews where Alaric was saying that, I was thinking he meant to take a break (it's a musical thing), but then I was like, hmm what does he mean? And I argued back and forth about it and decided that yeah, it was probably take a break given the evidence that Alaric totally wants Elena (maybe I only see what I want to see).

Spoiler: show
I think Damon is still going to save her. I got that from that from the commercial, but those promos are tricky and you never really know, because they love to fool us. Although, the promos have changed quite a bit and it seems like whoever used to do them has been fired

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 am 

Niklaus!!! MAN, that makes me feel better now that I know it.

I kind of get the take a beat, like a rest in a piece of music for a beat, but I don't know. I've just never heard that, and everyone is like, take a beat! They told me to take a beat!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:15 pm 

So this show is great at coming up with exciting and surprising plots. In fact, most episodes are as amazing as other shows' season finales. So why is it that some characters aren't bothered with? Can't Matt have one of those exciting plots? Bonnie? Both of those characters bore me and seem pointless now, so why not give them a super exciting plot? It's like when they had Alaric sitting around doing nothing for a million episodes (why waste Alaric? He can do more than drink alcohol silently and talk about ice cream). Luckily, he got to become Klaus (and that's when I took notice of Alaric). At this point, Matt and Bonnie can just be killed off (can they really get rid of their token black person though?)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

those are really good points, except that i dont like bonnie. i feel like its all nina dobrev all the time--when shes not elena, shes katherine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:09 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

that sounds dumb. when shes not onscreen as elena, then shes onscreen as katherine. shes rarely not in a scene

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 pm 

I actually don't mind Elena/Katherine, because those are the interesting plots.

What could Damon do that would be unforgivable as a viewer, in your mind? Also, since he has already done horrible things, why do you think we still love him? Because of his heart? Because of his looks?

I'm writing a story about a bad boy and I think it would be interesting if the main character ended up with him, but I don't see how he could be redeemed. I don't know how to get the reader to side with him and want them together (he killed her sister, terrorized her boyfriend, etc). I'm wondering if an issue is that I won't be following the bad boy formula (we know he's bad from the start and we want him to show an interest in the leading lady and to show his softer side, etc) and instead we know he likes the woman off the bat and we see his nice side before we see the bad boy side, which seemed way more interesting and fresh to me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 pm 

Not to sound too corny, but there's something about Damon's eyes. He has honest eyes.

Going deeper though, it kind of reminds me of the random gratification or whatever. Bear with me, I'm trying to remember from Psych 101 like 8 years ago. When the reward is only given sporadically the person keeps after it giving attention just because once every random time, there's a treat. Once in every once in a while, not predictably, Damon does something surprisingly kind, and it allows the audience to fall in love with him again.

I actually think the same thing about House. When he saved that cricket, I swooned.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 am 

Netflix just made a 4 year streaming contract with the CW! So it looks like this show might be streamed for those who need to catch up on Instant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 am 

YES!!!!! This excites me a lot more than it should.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm 

Oh and thank you for answering my question, ndpittman!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 pm 

Apparently the actor who plays Matt said that his scenes always get cut from the show. Julie Plec says that he's going to get more plot
He'll get "laid." Yes, that's what she said! Also, there's some super sad or deep scene with him in maybe this ep

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

SO GOOD. everything about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:11 pm 

I KNOW! Stefan is now Angelus! I can't wait for the next ep. That Stefan surprise at the end of the ep was great

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:25 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! oh my godddd you are SO RIGHT!!!! best best best ever

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:30 pm 

I hope he stays like this for a while. I'm so finished with Stefan/Elena. It's too played out and their serious relationship became boring. I love this Stefan way more and this new relationship way more.

ALARIC spoilers!
Alaric is going to become a bad boy!!

So is that starting to play out in the episodes you're filming now or is that a future thing?
"It's just happening. It's just an idea she's giving birth to and shared with me over the weekend, and I am so grateful to hear. Because I was really beginning to feel, on some level, uncertain. I really want to have a creative handle on something to play. I really loved playing Klaus for those few episodes. It was so much fun and she knew that, and we've talked about that, so we're going to try and bring a new darkness into Alaric, to really break him free from his self-doubt and break him free from any of his concerns he has about not living up to expectations and get into a dark side again. I want to reactivate some of that joy of playing a villain last season."

And he goes on and on about it, but gives us no details. His idea of a villain is being pure bad

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/13/the-vampire-diaries-matt-davis-interview/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

that spoiler is great. yayayayay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 pm 

rocklobster wrote:
that spoiler is great. yayayayay

I'm really hoping that it has to do with the blood transfusion. It sounds like he might be saying that, right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This was a great episode.

bastah wrote:
What could Damon do that would be unforgivable as a viewer, in your mind? Also, since he has already done horrible things, why do you think we still love him? Because of his heart? Because of his looks?

I don't love him & I never will. I do feel a bit sorry for him but he's still done some stupid things and probably will continue to do more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I reaaaaally hope they don't go down any roads with Elena and Alaric romantically. Isn't he technically her stepfather?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:35 am 

Rach*n wrote:
I reaaaaally hope they don't go down any roads with Elena and Alaric romantically. Isn't he technically her stepfather?

They won't :( Yeah, he could be called her stepfather, but I don't think she really thinks of him as such since she found that out a while after meeting him. I think she just sees him as her friend. I'm messed up and I say they better make a romantic storyline. Because Alaric is hot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 am 

What was Vicki's message to Bonnie? I think I missed that or forgot what it was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next