| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Movie Log Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:32 pm 
Hip Goiter

emmalv wrote:
Count me in the "I dont get the hype about American Hustle" camp.

Wooo you get one of my tee shirts!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:55 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

RandiJM wrote:
emmalv wrote:

Wooo you get one of my tee shirts!

YESSSSS!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:51 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

leonardo wrote:
linanil wrote:
I don't think I mentioned it in this thread before but I finished watching Iron Sky. I'm usually not a spoof type movie person but it is just a bit too good. Especially the Palin-esque president.

Loved Iron Sky. Can't wait for the sequel. It was brilliant, right down to the fact that they had Laibach do the music.

Is that the moon Nazi movie?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 am 
WRETCHED

rachell37 wrote:
leonardo wrote:
linanil wrote:
I don't think I mentioned it in this thread before but I finished watching Iron Sky. I'm usually not a spoof type movie person but it is just a bit too good. Especially the Palin-esque president.

Loved Iron Sky. Can't wait for the sequel. It was brilliant, right down to the fact that they had Laibach do the music.

Is that the moon Nazi movie?

Yup!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:54 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

emmalv wrote:

Oh man, I loved it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:56 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've just started Nymphomaniac. It's a really slow and strange film. Not so sure what to make of it at the moment. I can see myself sleeping another hour into the film if it doesn't get any better, seems a bit pretentious too. Anyone seen this? I have now more than 3 1/2 hours to go which seems a serious commitment!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 am 
Bathes in Braggs

pickledtreats wrote:
emmalv wrote:

Oh man, I loved it!

Oh I by no means hated it, I thought Amy Adams and Christian Bale were great, and I wouldn't turn it off the TV if it was on but after seeing it I'm like "yeah, they campaigned HAAARRRRDDDD for its Oscars nominations." I think I just felt a little let down because it was hyped sooo much. And off the bat I was sort of miffed because I felt they were ripping off the vibe/style of Goodfellas. Did anyone else get a Scorsese-y feeling, at least initially?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:39 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I watched the film 'The Way'. It was a really relaxing watch. I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed watching the Dutch actor being Dutch myself.

Currently I'm halfway through The Hobbit and enjoying it. I quit Nympomaniac, I also stopped watching Blue is the warmest colour, just couldn't get through the last two films.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm 
WRETCHED

Dean Spanley... an odd quirky movie which we liked. Also, I learned a few things like british hot pot and a unit of money called a guinea.

We also watched You Kill Me which is also quirky and parts of it made me laugh. It was an entertaining saturday afternoon movie. Not my favorite but glad I watched it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:57 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Watched a film called "Animal Kingdom" last night, its a few years old and an Australian gangster film. The movie was enjoyable, but the confused and angry people on the IMDB boards about the movie were priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We saw the new Captain America last night. Knowing how many films certain actors have signed on for kinda takes away the suspense of some scenes, but it was entertaining. Cap isn't my favourite from the Marvel universe, but I do want to see what they do with the end of the film.

Spoiler: show
OK, so here's something that kinda annoyed me. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were in the credits scene, and they're credited in the next Avengers film. BUT, Quicksilver is also in the new X-Men movie, and he's played by a different actor! You'd think they'd be able to sort out the cross-overs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I finally watched 'Silver Linings Playbook' recently. I checked that thing out countless times from the library and returned it unwatched each time. I watched it and absolutely loved it. I've watched it a few times again already. I went back and looked and this movie lost the Academy Award to 'Argo' for best picture. I enjoyed Argo, but Silver Linings is so much better. I think this is a movie you can watch over and over again. I would count this as one of my top fav movies.

I also saw 'Ain't Them Bodies Saints'. IT was OK. I liked it, but a one time view of this one. At times it seemed to drag just a bit so it could be shortened. I picked this one up just to see Casey Affleck. He's always very good in anything he does.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

emmalv wrote:
pickledtreats wrote:
emmalv wrote:

Oh man, I loved it!

Oh I by no means hated it, I thought Amy Adams and Christian Bale were great, and I wouldn't turn it off the TV if it was on but after seeing it I'm like "yeah, they campaigned HAAARRRRDDDD for its Oscars nominations." I think I just felt a little let down because it was hyped sooo much. And off the bat I was sort of miffed because I felt they were ripping off the vibe/style of Goodfellas. Did anyone else get a Scorsese-y feeling, at least initially?

That I do get. It started out really boring for me and I stopped it after the first half hour, but we came back to it the next day and the suspense just built and built. I thought the Jennifer Lawrence praise was totally worthy. I didn't get it at first, but the second half of the movie sealed it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:42 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I watched Wolf of Wall Street finally. The quaalude scene was pretty hilarious to me if I ignored how sad it all was.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:12 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

pickledtreats wrote:
I watched Wolf of Wall Street finally. The quaalude scene was pretty hilarious to me if I ignored how sad it all was.

That could almost sum up that entire film.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

So is Wolf of Wall Street worth watching?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:43 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

emmalv wrote:

I would vote yes. Even as it's almost three straight hours of chaos, sex & drugs, I think Scorsese made a film with a serious point. However, I have noticed that reaction has been mixed. The person I went to see the film with thought he had completely lost his mind.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:22 am 
WELFARIST!

I want to see Wolf of Wall Street too but was also unsure so happy to read the input here. Three hours though! My movie tolerance usually maxes out at two. Going in and without knowing anything at all about the story (going by ads and word of mouth), I'm assuming it's similar to Wall Street with a techy and more youthful Gordon Gekko villain.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:39 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

emmalv wrote:

Yep, definitely worth it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:14 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I saw Anchorman 2, it wasn't funny. I liked the first one, this one was just a bore.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I saw Good Dick last night, it is a few years old at least. It's one of those films that capitalizes on "quirk" and I believe it is Jason Ritter directed. That said, I liked it, thought it was quite bitchin'! Also saw Divergent in the theater with my oldest daughter. I new NOTHING about it going in, and I also had not watched movies for like 5 months before it, so take that into consid aration if you choose, but I loooved this movie! Like didnt know until after that there are multiple books and finding that out is the only thing that made the ending make sense for me, but I forgave it before I knew and now am thrillee that there is more to the story!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I saw Good Dick last night, it is a few years old at least. It's one of those films that capitalizes on "quirk" and I believe it is Jason Ritter directed. That said, I liked it, thought it was quite bitchin'! Also saw Divergent in the theater with my oldest daughter. I new NOTHING about it going in, and I also had not watched movies for like 5 months before it, so take that into consid aration if you choose, but I loooved this movie! Like didnt know until after that there are multiple books and finding that out is the only thing that made the ending make sense for me, but I forgave it before I knew and now am thrillee that there is more to the story!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:50 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I picked up Gravity and American Hustle from the redbox a few days ago.

Gravity just shaved about a year off my life. That was so utterly boring and disappointing and a total crapfest.

I wanted to love American Hustle, but it took me 3 sittings to get all the way through. Even then, I wasn't 100% dialed in while watching.

Moral of this story: I should usually stick to non-Oscars movies. Or at least movies that aren't heavily hyped.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:37 am 
WRETCHED

We watched Malena... Gah, some parts are so hard to watch and there is one point in the movie that makes you so depressed. It was a good movie but I wouldn't watch it again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:42 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm watching the Walking Dead season 4, it's awful. I stopped watching once, it's now on in the background as I'm doing other stuff. It's really bad, I feel like I need to finish it like there is something coming at the end that makes it all worthwhile, but I think it's just a big old waste of time and I've already wasted too much time on this.

I've just started watching The Hunt and I'm having a difficult time with it because I thought I would feel so sorry for the bloke. Then he went into the woods and shot a very beautiful deer, now I stopped caring about him and that makes watching it a lot easier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next