| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next
 Post subject: Re: Supernatural - No Wincest Allowed!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 pm 
Semen Strong

I am kind of watching out of habit and on autopilot. Even the "OMG Sammy is Dying!" thread didn't create any sense of urgency or suspense for me. The revolving doors of Heaven and Hell are just too predictable for S&D. At this point one of them dies at the end or start of every season and then comes back, so its just Y.A.W.N.

I really am finding the intense focus on Sam and Dean's brother dynamic boring. I thought it was interesting to explore this idea of Sam falling for a woman (or Dean falling for being a Dad and family man) and thinking about leaving hunting, and I think the season would be so much more interesting if he hadn't have picked Dean over falling in love. In someways it feels very adolescent and I'd like to see a mature adult conflict - like Sam or Dean really wanting to do something besides hunting or wanting to hunt in different ways. At this point, the eternal one brother hiding something from the other is just getting silly. Haven't they learned that they need to communicate openly and honestly if their relationship is going to work?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:39 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Good points Tofulish. They're so much older than when they started, not just in time but in experiences. I love the show still, but it could use some depth.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:44 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I just now noticed Sam's shadow on the promo poster.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWqEeufCAAAeMUj.jpg:large

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 pm 

i didn't notice that either!

if anyone is feeling patient enough to scroll past the bs comments, jim beaver's daughter has gone vegetarian. if you want to offer tips without the omni comments driving you nuts . . . anyway, i tweeted him a link to the forum.

eta: on his fb page.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:11 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I quit. I removed the show from my hulu favorites.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Was it last night's episode? Because that was easily the worst hour of television I've ever watched. I was embarrassed on Jensen and Jared's behalf.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:25 pm 

Yep! Stupid vegan jokes I can ignore, one talking dog I can ignore, a whole cast of talking animals I cannot.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It was the gay stereotype dog, and the mice hinting at autofellatio that really, really made me want to stab myself in the face.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm 

That was painful. And the voice of the german sheperd was the same as the puppet on Buffy. The sound of that voice annoyed me both times.

ugh gross, I didn't know the mice were hinting at that.

The show has no plot. It seems like the plot is just implied and not actually active. Like when they talk about Kevin as if he's actually there in the building. This is on my bottom watch list, when there's nothing on tv. Can't wait for US Being Human to finally air.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:35 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I would have to agree. This season has been somewhat disappointing. I was debating whether to watch this episode since I knew I wouldn't like it but did because I didn't want to miss a plot line or something. NOPE. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It got plotty a bit in the last ten minutes, but it was you know, the same plot that's been going on for the previous episodes, and every other season, Dean feels bad for lying to Sam, Sam seems suspicious, blah blah blah blah.

My friend's ten year old thought the episode was funny. But he's ten.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry to hear the last episode sucked! I don't have Hulu plus, so I've just been watching the free ones, and I kind of didn't care, but then watched two episodes ("I'm no Angel" and "Slumber Party") and I thought they were both really good.

I loved seeing Castiel exploring his humanity in "I'm no Angel" and thought that Misha and the show did a really good job making him seem really vulnerable but also hilariously funny. ("Food, sleeping, passing gas... It's all very strange.") And I thought they did a brilliant job with him being betrayed by April. The show doesn't do women well, and I should have realized that there was no way she wasn't evil, but I totally ended up being hopeful that Castiel was finally getting some kindness in the world. And then the end, when Castiel was so happy to be at the headquarters (water pressure! burritos!), and then watching him feel heartbroken when he has to leave, was well done. I thought it did a great job moving the arc forward and identifying the Big Bad that is coming and doing some good character exploration and storybuilding. Plus I love Cas/Misha.

And I liked "Slumberparty" for Felicia Day. I liked the idea of The Wizard of Oz being revisionist history and written by a hunter about his daughter. And I liked the chemistry between Charlie and Dorothy. When Dean chose to save Charlie, I was worried they were going to try and set Charlie up as a love interest, but there was so much energy between Charlie and Dorothy, it was quite sexy. I hope they find Dorothy's dog and that Charlie comes back at some point having had a very sexy sexy questing time.

So maybe the upshot is that I like Supernatural when its not about Sam and Dean. Because the old "Dean is lying to Sam for his own good, and even though Sam is supersmart, he is gullible enough to believe Dean's really crappy lies, until the end when he gets mad and they separate, and then reunite to fight the Big Bad and a few side characters die or else S or D seem to die but then come back over and over and over again." is kind of getting old and boring. I really think this show could be fresh and funny, if they just took their focus off the boys and their weird co-dependent relationship, and actually introduced a few more good female characters (Ding Dong bisques!), and had these guys actually act like adult men, not the Hardy Boyz, and have real conflicts between relationships, making a home, etc. It can't be 9 seasons of brothers looking to please their Dad dynamic. When they started, the actors seemed young enough that it was plausible, but at nearly 30 (and a billion betrayals) its kind of ridiculous that this is still their dynamic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 pm 

Sam is over 30 and Dean is almost 40.

It's not even at the bottom of my list. It was at the bottom of my list, and then dogs started talking and the bottom of my list fell out and landed in a pile of festering shiitake. No amount of trotting out adorable Felicia Day is going to save this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm pretty bored with the current storyline, but I thought the episode was funny. I actually laughed, uhhhh, a ton. I'm 12.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:19 am 

The other day I watched the one where Dean gets chased by a little dog. It was much better than this one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:40 am 

Jared was on twitter answering questions for the dog one (Dog Dean Afternoon) and he admitted to someone that the voices got changed and they messed some stuff up and that it (I'm paraphrasing) sucked.

Never quitting. Always watching.

Last night's made me so sad for Cas - I mean, he's cast out of heaven and trying to adapt, but Ezekiel/Helo/Sam was all "get him out" and he was gone. Can you imagine? He's all living in the store room of a gas station, being alone. So sad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:08 am 

Those dog voices were annoying.

Too bad Cas didn't go to Oz with Charlie and Dorothy.

We no longer get the CW channel. It was dropped by Charter around here. Have to watch SPN on Hulu or CWtv.com.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:08 am 

double post.

also the dogs in cages were very unsympathetic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I liked last night's episode a lot, I feel like it moved the mytharc along well without cramming too much plot into one episode, which was something they did multiple times last season that annoyed the hell outta me. Cas was given a depth that no writer other than Ben Edlund has given him before, and as a Cas fan that made me super happy.

I went into watching with the mindset that if this episode sucked, after hating the episode the week before, that I was probably going to be done watching, so I'm glad that it was good, because these characters mean a lot to me and I really would like to see them through until the conclusion.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:30 pm 

Well frig.

http://www.geekchiccosmetics.com/superneutrals.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The flecks in the King of Hell one look so pretty! Also, I love Crowley, and Mark Sheppard in general.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:06 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:

those are all kind of amazing. vegan? they must be if you're frigged about it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:25 am 

the best con pics ever. jensen has freckles!

happy thanksgiving/hanukah/festivus/christmas/whatevers. YOU'RE WELCOME.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karencookephotography/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:26 am 

oh, and gifs. http://allthesupernaturalgifs.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:36 am 

appifanie wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

those are all kind of amazing. vegan? they must be if you're frigged about it.

Yep, and they're having a Black Friday sale, everything is marked down 30% and you get free US shipping and a free sample.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next