| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 123  Next
 Post subject: Re: Supernatural - No Wincest Allowed!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:59 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Hee hee hee hee hee!

Not many things make me giggle like a little girl, but that's one of them.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

DangerZone wrote:
ETA - What jokes do you only know if you watch S1? The only ones I can think of are more knowing the actors' previous roles/reoccurring.

I never said you had to watch Season 1 to get all the jokes. I was merely stating my opinion that watching things in order is a better way to understand the dynamic between the characters and get the jokes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:00 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Fair enough, but I don't think you need to watch the beginning to get all the in-jokes. I've gotten some adamentally anti-horror people into it by starting later in the series. I was later admonished cuz they missed some Sam&Dean stuff, but they didn't want to see ghosts or gore or monsters, so my hands were kinda tied (until they they liked it enough to watch the gross stuff) .

So I still think opinions on s1 vary by personal preference. But 2 is indisputably worth watching.

Also, I had someone say that they couldn't watch past the pilot cuz double fridging. But I do think the S1 arc episodes are required watching, just for plot purposes. So that would include the pilot. And mbm's argument is hella compelling.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

It's cool if you have a difference of opinion. I'm not sure I understand why you can't just state your opinion without trying to invalidate mine. At least, that's how it's reading to me. I hope things are just getting lost in translation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:19 pm 

mixmaster_mo wrote:
It's cool if you have a difference of opinion. I'm not sure I understand why you can't just state your opinion without trying to invalidate mine. At least, that's how it's reading to me. I hope things are just getting lost in translation.

I think that's what's happening? When I 1st asked, I was actually asking about the jokes, because I was trying to remember, and the 2nd part more a general response to the op. I like s1, but I have found that it gets mixed opinions when I have shown it to people. Also, I am typing this with one finger on a cell, so I think I am not choosing words as carefully as normal or editing for clarity like I should.

In any case, I wasn't trying to shut you down or anything. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:08 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

ladies. everyone should watch every single episode. except for the most recent once, of course. CASE DISMISSED!

:D

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

DangerZone wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

I think that's what's happening? When I 1st asked, I was actually asking about the jokes, because I was trying to remember, and the 2nd part more a general response to the op. I like s1, but I have found that it gets mixed opinions when I have shown it to people. Also, I am typing this with one finger on a cell, so I think I am not choosing words as carefully as normal or editing for clarity like I should.

In any case, I wasn't trying to shut you down or anything. :)

Cool cool. Glad it was miscommunication. All is well in the land of Supernatural, except not in the actual world of Supernatural.

Grumble, grumble.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:32 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I found a lot of old episode On Demand though not all of them. I'll try to find some more online.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:22 pm 
Ninja Master

appifanie wrote:
ladies. everyone should watch every single episode. except for the most recent once, of course. CASE DISMISSED!

:D

Yes. And maybe skip Route 666 too.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 pm 

You should watch every episode at least once! Even if they involve racist trucks.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:39 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
You should watch every episode at least once! Even if they involve racist trucks.

Yes, if only to witness for yourself how Dean has no chemistry with women.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:43 pm 
Nailed to the V

Biodancer wrote:
I am a new Supernatural fan. I had to spend the past few months at my parents and my mom loves this show. I watched this season with her and became hooked! So now my question is this; is it reasonable to just watch the reruns as they come on or is it imperative that a start from the beginning?

Hah, I got my mom hooked on it.

If you're watching on TNT, they run in order and will eventually repeat back to the beginning, s1. I'd suggest watching s1 thru s5 at least once, since the creator of the show, Eric Kripke, designed it to only last the 5 seasons. So it has a 5 season structure that builds up from previous seasons to it's finale. S5 happened because of what happened in s4, then s4 happened because of what happened in s3 and so on. He left the show after s5 and now it's is in the hands of others. So s1 thru s5 has a strong Dean/Sam story arc, along with the boys fighting the monster of the week. S6-s7 is trying to re-invent the old story arc but it doesn't compare. (Sammy's in trouble again and Dean's taking charge and saving his little brother). The show suffered a huge creative loss when Kripke left.

You asked, that's my opinion. =-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:24 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'm guessing this is a spoiler?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 pm 

Peri wrote:

Spoiler: show
I had already heard this, but my reaction hasn't changed: episode 17 is too far away! Wah!

Also, I don't want Misha on Ringer, because I gave up on that show. I want him on The Vampire Diaries. I think he'd make an awesome original. He can be the one Viking without an English accent. He and Elijah will speak Internet acronyms to each other, rip out a few still-beating hearts, and then reveal the secret to fabulous hair.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:36 am 

DangerZone wrote:
Peri wrote:

Spoiler: show
I had already heard this, but my reaction hasn't changed: episode 17 is too far away! Wah!

Also, I don't want Misha on Ringer, because I gave up on that show. I want him on The Vampire Diaries. I think he'd make an awesome original. He can be the one Viking without an English accent. He and Elijah will speak Internet acronyms to each other, rip out a few still-beating hearts, and then reveal the secret to fabulous hair.

I agree wholeheartedly on all counts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:05 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Ok, so on demand actually charges for every episode! And there are a lot of episodes to catch up on. So I'm looking online for free full episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:47 pm 
Nailed to the V

I waited for the dvd's to go on sale at bestbuy online and got them for cheap, like $10 each. Season 6 was $12.99 plus free shipping. I haven't found any place on the net that I trust. But let us know if you find one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:59 am 
Nailed to the V

Did y'all see this?

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 46azim.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:01 am 
Ninja Master

Peri wrote:

hehe

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:36 am 

Well? Did last night make it better? I purposely skipped it and DVRed it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 pm 
Nailed to the V

It wasn't much of anything. No big drama, they moped for a while then got on with the monster killing.

As much as I love this show, it's just same shiitake, different monster every Friday night. Instead of going back to S1, SG should have reinvented this show to make it fresh and new. The boys are now men and Sam's too old to play the damsel in distress and Dean the tortured hero. The characters haven't grown, the story lines are re-hashed over and over and they're too passive and dumb with the big picture stuff, like the importance of souls. But I'll keep watching, in hopes that SG will give us something new and original.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:38 pm 
Nailed to the V

Yeah, I was kinda bored with Friday's episode. I even found myself playing Sims 3 and forgetting it was on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 am 

ahh the sims - it's been a month or two for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 am 

Guys, I may have to unfollow Jim on twitter. All he seems to tweet about his what his kid is doing. Many tweets a day, 95% about her. I don't care that your daughter changed her alarm clock to a rooster!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 am 
Nailed to the V

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Guys, I may have to unfollow Jim on twitter. All he seems to tweet about his what his kid is doing. Many tweets a day, 95% about her. I don't care that your daughter changed her alarm clock to a rooster!

I guess if he's not working he's got nothing to talk about except the center of his life, which is his daughter. I can understand it, but yeah, boring. He's a stay at home dad until he gets another job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtCEHyNH23Q

I like to see who's following who and the pics they post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 123  Next