| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next
 Post subject: Re: Supernatural - No Wincest Allowed!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:38 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Interesting site Tofulish. I guess I just assumed there was more than 4 archangels. Shows you how good my catholic education was.

I don't remember Kevin saying he was vegan. He was eating bbq ribs when Crowley came in.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:34 am 
Nailed to the V

Great old school ending. I almost gave up on it. Looking forward to the next season.

Did it seem like there was a whole lot of female death in this episode? Either a previous death mentioned or the imminent threat of death or literal death to a female? I think I counted 8 with Kevin mentioning his dead mom, Dean mentioning his dead mom and dead Ruby, Sheriff Jody maybe died (hope she's back next season), the mention of the female abomination from last week's death, can't think of what she was, Naomi's death, the threat of death to female Cupid by Castiel and the tall red head almost dying, her human body died but the demon left, maybe she'll be back next season too. Was Sam's old girl friend Jesse mentioned? Am I overly sensitive? They didn't mention Bobby who was like a father to them. I just thought it was weird and wondered whether it was intentional or not. Like here ya go crazy female fans, more female death for you to enjoy and so you can have Sam and Dean all to yourselves.

Also, I wonder will all those angel who fell be adult humans or reborn as babies, like Anna?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

They didn't verbally mention Bobby, but when they met Crowley at the start of the episode they were in Bobby's salvage yard and Dean stood and just stared at Bobby's car sitting there rusting and being reclaimed by nature, so I feel like Bobby was acknowledged.

I'm going to miss Abbadon in that vessel, she was so sassy and badass and though it's shallow of me she was also so so pretty. Bye bye awesome Abbadon vessel.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:05 pm 
Nailed to the V

Forgot about that. I like how they're into Jewish mythology now. Makes me want to learn more about Judaism.

I bet the new Abbadon next season is also the new king of hell. I'm speculating that since Cas is powerless and the boys always seem to need major mojo like that that they'll work with Crowley, if he's been kicked out of hell and is homeless and with a target on his back. That would be fun to watch. And Mark Sheppard needs to be a series regular like Misha.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Mark Sheppard is fantastic, and Crowley is so fun. I'm hoping even if he stays half cured and nicer that he's still all snarky and quick witted. And I think you're probably right about Abbadon being a major player now, and quite possibly becoming king of hell.

I liked the beginning of season 8 a lot, and then around the middle I was just kinda meh on most episodes, and downright surly about others, but as it headed toward the end it got better, and that finale, especially the ending, was really really fantastic. I tend not to pay a lot of attention to visual/special effects stuff, but the shots of the angels falling were straight up gorgeous.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:55 am 

I finally got to watch the finale. I'm a little confused. Is Cas no longer an angel? Does he remember who he is? How did metatron (who I will forever know as Booger from Revenge of the Nerds) make all the angels fall?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:58 am 

http://supernatural.wikia.com/wiki/Metatron

found this. it answered my questions.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:27 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

The guy who plays Kevin, Osric Chau, tweets, and he's tweeting as he watches the series from the beginning. He and Lauren Tom tweet back and forth - super cute.

My feeling about the show has always been that, in general, they have no idea where the story is going- they just make it all up an episode or two at a time.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:34 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I never realized Kevin Tran was portrayed as a vegan?

Whatever. It's not like supernatural is 100% on storyline continuity anyways, right? I was getting really pissed by the female death stuff in the last few episodes. I really like the metatron twist and the angels falling thing. Really excited to see how they handle that!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:20 pm 
Semen Strong

Re: Kevin Tran is vegan. (the wiki reference is embedded)

He was vegan at the start of season 7 and then slowly moved to just eating ribs and hot dogs.
http://supernatural-black-hole.tumblr.c ... tran-going

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:31 pm 
Semen Strong

The last episode kind of annoyed me though the last sequence of the falling was amazing. Definitely going to watch next season to see how human Castiel does and not-demon (but still witchy Crowley) do against the Pantheon of Fallen Angels and Abbadon (Abbadon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here? and other terrible Abbadon puns).

But I was annoyed that after the whole epic quest to shut the gates of Hell, spanning the tablets, killing the hellhound, saving Bobby, at the end the boys were like "eh! Neermind." And the whole season finished on the arc of closing off heaven with Megatron (seriously?! What is next - his army of Decepticons?)) duping Cas, which started just 2 episodes or so before the end. I wish they'd taken the purifying Sammy and closing the gates quest to its conclusion, instead of doing a U-turn. But I guess closing the gates and the tablets can all be part of next season.

And the ending sequence was glorious. So much better than the final showdown with Lucifer, which was basically dudes in a field (yawn). I had such high CGI hopes for that one, but nerp.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh its hilarious how different the Deanshippers and Samshippers are about this show. Its like they are watching in alternate realities.

ERMAGERD DEAN HAD PRACTICALLY NO ROLE IT WAS ALL TITTYBABY SAMMY AND HIS QUEST FOR REDEMPTION. STOP LETTING DEAN DOWN!

why can't we all just get along?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm a Dean fan (my character love goes Dean>Cas>Sam) and though it would be nice to see him get more mytharc stuff, I totally understand why Sam and to some extent Cas are getting the action stuff while Dean gets the emotional stuff, because at this point Jensen is just a ridiculously good actor. Not that the other two are bad, just that Jensen has just grown leaps and bounds in the last 8 years. It's hard to believe he's the same guy who played Jen's dopey boyfriend on Dawson's Creek.

Plus he had just spent a year in Purgatory constantly fighting for his life, if he wants to spend time nesting, making burgers, and hugging everybody he can.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

A lot of people are saying that the finale didn't really wrap up a lot of the threads that Season 8 started. Especially regarding the trials. I feel like it did-that Dean and Sam continued the theme of always choosing to save the other and next season we'll likely see the consequences of that choice. It was set up that the consequences for the trials would be very very high (and so it was) and I feel like they set it up that the Winchesters would have to make that final choice of do this or don't. They chose not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Jeremy Carver said he has a three season story arc planned that started with Season 8, so I imagine the lack of closure in the finale was intentional.

I just saw on twitter that Ben Edlund won't be writing on the show for Season 9. I'm pretty bummed, he was one of the main reasons I started watching to begin with, and his episodes are always some of the season's best.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 am 

Started watching the US Being Human - it's like the flip side of the Supernatural coin! Jeremy Carver AND Lucy? I'm so in.

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I'm a Dean fan (my character love goes Dean>Cas>Sam) and though it would be nice to see him get more mytharc stuff, I totally understand why Sam and to some extent Cas are getting the action stuff while Dean gets the emotional stuff, because at this point Jensen is just a ridiculously good actor. Not that the other two are bad, just that Jensen has just grown leaps and bounds in the last 8 years. It's hard to believe he's the same guy who played Jen's dopey boyfriend on Dawson's Creek.

Plus he had just spent a year in Purgatory constantly fighting for his life, if he wants to spend time nesting, making burgers, and hugging everybody he can.

Thank you for reminding me why I want to finish watching Dawson's Creek!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 am 

Justice Jay (JJ) Ackles was born May 30th.

So basically Thomas and JJ have to grow up and fall in love.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:40 am 

On his facebook page, Jim Beaver said that Bobby is coming back! I don't know how, but I am okay with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

He said on twitter "Read the script. Didn't see this one coming. Whatever you think it is -- it ain't." So I'm not even trying speculate. I'm hoping it's like in some fic I've read where somehow the boys get in contact with their friends in heaven (Bobby, Jo, Ellen, Ash, Pamela, etc) and the friends in Heaven help them take down Metatron. But that's really ridiculously unlikely.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:33 am 
Semen Strong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:56 am 
Ninja Master

That pic is awesome!

So in the UK we're about half way through season 8. I know supernatural have a history of reusing actors but they're really going for it this season. And not just Benny (Eli from Season 2), I've noticed loads of actors they've used before in the last few episodes.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:43 pm 
Nailed to the V

As long as the eye candy is this good, I'll stick around to the end.

I notice they re-used actors too. Jensen once said in an interview about being the director is that a whole lot of people who come in to audition just can't act and shouldn't be in show business. So maybe that's why they get re-used, even though they know that most fans who follow the show would recognize an actor in another role.

What breaks my heart is to see great actors who were killed off in SPN doing Wendy's commercials or walk on roles in other tv shows. They're all great actors. Now they're making a living doing SPN cons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 pm 
Semen Strong

It sounds like you don't think a nationwide Wendy's commercial is a good thing :) Just for a bit of context, for my friends who are working actors those things are pure gold. They give you enough money to focus on doing the projects you love. A friend of mine did a dopey ad that aired during the Superbowl and took the money to shoot a pilot in Central America that is now being read by HBO and some other channels. I would imagine that SPN con is the same thing - you can take the money and go focus on a project you love for a few months or write a book etc. I think its just the nature of show business that there are so many crazy talented people out there, and even if they don't all make it "big," they often still love what they do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I don't know if anybody is a Dollhouse fan, but Tahmoh Penikett who played (super sexy) Agent Paul Ballard is going to be doing a multi-episode arc as a fallen angel next season!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:22 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I don't know if anybody is a Dollhouse fan, but Tahmoh Penikett who played (super sexy) Agent Paul Ballard is going to be doing a multi-episode arc as a fallen angel next season!

Well fork, I guess i'm still watching Supernatural.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123  Next