| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Parenthood
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:59 am 
Nailed to the V

All I can say is...now I've got to WAIT and there will only be four more episodes when it DOES come back? I am just not quite ready to separate from this show even if parts are seriously aggravating...

I heard a rumor people think they're gunna kill of Crosby at the end. I really hope not..as immature and ridiculous as he can be, there's nothing worse than two little kids losing a parent, that would be a really really low point to end on :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:13 am 
Semen Strong

The series finale is in 4 days!!!!!!

Can't wait to see how they wrap it up! I really like the Luncheonette storyline - its really hard to know who to root for - Adam is right that they haven't been doing well and should probably move on, but on the other hand, they did do really well for a while and it is Crosby's dream.

I also like that they don't make Julia and Joel's reconciliation easy. I liked the line "I'm too afraid to fight." "I'm too afraid not to fight" and then them fighting in the car. Obviously they're going to be fine, but its good that they're making that fear after a reconcilation so palpable.

And I really like Zeek's storyline and love him looking at the end of his life and making peace with things. But I don't think he is going to die, because it would just be too depressing.

They're going to just end with Hank and Sarah getting married. Because every season of this show has ended with a baby or a wedding. And so for the series finale, they're going to do both.

I'm really not very fond of Hank and Sarah, but they've gone a long way towards showing Hank's growth and Sarah's growth in wanting a mature relationship with someone who wants to take care of her as well, instead of being in a relationship where she does all the work. But still, its hard to see any chemistry, in my view.

And Amber's birth was so unrealistic. I just assume no one who has every given birth has ever spoken to anyone writing for this series. All the births are the un-Berkeleyest births ever.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:06 am 
Nailed to the V

I'm really concerned for Amber as a single mom. I think she probably will pull it together, I just don't know, and since the series is ending, I never well!!! *darn you television and your obsessions with numbers*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:17 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i keep hate watching this show! i don't know what is wrong with me.

anyway, it's bothering me with the whole luncheonette storyline that no one has thought that maybe someone could buy adam's share of the business. maybe crosby knows someone in the industry who would want to help run a recording studio? maybe no one would go into business with him because he's an awful person, but who knows.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:40 am 
Semen Strong

Well, I think the problem is that no one wants the Luncheonette and as Crosby says, part of what made it special was working with his brother. I bet they'll keep it open (with Adam), so Amber has a place to work, and it'll turn out that Hank is really good friends with a famous band who just needs a place to record, and they'll all meet up at the wedding. Hank the magic Aspie - he offers us hope for Max, a happy ending for Sarah and her bad track record with men, a father figure for Amber and Drew, and probably hope for the Luncheonette.

I am totally going to miss the theme song. And I really did enjoy the show, for all its flaws. They had great characters, even when the minor storylines were sometimes not fully cohesive. And I thought some of the arcs they did were really great.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:32 am 
protein lump

ijustdiedinside wrote:
i keep hate watching this show! i don't know what is wrong with me.

anyway, it's bothering me with the whole luncheonette storyline that no one has thought that maybe someone could buy adam's share of the business. maybe crosby knows someone in the industry who would want to help run a recording studio? maybe no one would go into business with him because he's an awful person, but who knows.

thiiiiiiiiiiiis!

i'm still holding onto the hope that they will all die in a fire next week. maybe at the wedding!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:03 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Hahahaha. My husband is also rooting for a fiery death for all. I can't say I'm terribly invested in anybody but Julia and Joel, and even with them, I'm totally uninterested in their family as a whole, just them as a couple and their sexytimes. I kind of like Amber and Drew, do not care even a little bit about Sarah or any of her story lines, but Amber and Drew are sort of under a Sarah cloud. The magic school for special fairies has made all of Adam's family insufferable. Adam started the whole series insufferable, but now he's taken everyone down with him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can't believe they did that in the last few minutes. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 pm 
Semen Strong

OH GOD I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW TO WATCH THIS! I WANT TO SEE IT NOW!!!! NPR had interviews with the actors and writers talking about what they loved about the show and it was great.

So excited! Fiery death montage for everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:06 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I'm trying to write this without spoilers, but I was really really disappointed in the ending. It was like the last episode of Six Feet Under, without the wit and humor.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:19 pm 
Semen Strong

I just finished watching and I feel the same way. I think that once the episode has aired you can post here, and anyone who hasn't seen it yet, knows to avoid the thread. I'll spoiler the big surprise though.

I thought the ending was so unnecessary and just kind of a way to "tack on" the updates 3 years from now, to show that all the kids and grandkids end up doing well. I was kind of annoyed by all the new babies. We get it, its a show about family, but really does having a new baby have to be shorthand for "And then they lived happily ever after!). Especially the J&J update where they have a 4th baby and a new dog. It was nice to see Ryan though, even though its unclear if he and Amber end up together. He is very handsome. I also liked seeing Camille fulfilling her dream of traveling. That said they really didn't need to
Quote:
kill off Zeek in the last five minutes because even though the family clearly processes over the next 3 years and moves on, we don't get to do that with them. Its kind of a crappy surprise to drop in the laps of the viewers who are anyway suffering from losing a show they loved, in my view, because it doesn't really add anything other than perhaps the reminder that death isn't the end.

The wedding scenes were lovely, it was nice seeing a resolution for everyone coming out of that, and I wish we'd gone out on just pure happiness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:36 pm 
Semen Strong

This was a very good interview with Jason Katims summarizing what happened and why they did it that way (spoiler heavy if you haven't seen it, but it tied up a lot of the questions I was left with after the finale). http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/bl ... nale-recap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:21 pm 
Semen Strong

So apparently I quoted instead of spoilers. Derp. I fail at internet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:25 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am so disappointed in that finale! I have watched since the first episode and this show does emotional family drama so freaking well and that was the ending we got? Damn.

'fulish, the 'EVERYONE HAS A NEW BABY!' flashforward really bugged me.
But it seemed pretty obvious Amber ended up with the random new dude? And Ryan got his act together and became a good dad?

Also, the only update you get on Adam/Kristina family in the future is Max's graduation- because Max is Who Matters, not Nora or Haddie. Guh.

The one part I did really like is that Zeke quietly passed. I thought that scene was really lovely and well done, with Camille just chattering about normal stuff at home and seeing him in the chair...I feel like that was a really...true scene, for lack of a better term. It was the one part I had any emotion over. The wedding felt so tacked into it as "It had to happen!" kind of crap- Drew's speech was dull to me, and I really don't care for Hank or Ruby. The episode overall felt unnecessary and rushed after the whole season actually being really well done for the 'goodbye' season.

And the 'Victor has a little sister' adoption thing thrown in there?! Why was that even necessary?! Couldn't we have just decided their storyline was wrapped up in the one before this?
And Haddie's weird speech to Max about him making her a better person was so silly and totally felt like a way to give Haddie a point for being there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Well. I was so distracted by Amber being skinny with a newborn that it was hard to focus on anything else. But I didn't mind it. It seemed like really the only way they could've gone out. Happy ending for all. Zeek died the way he wanted to. People find their career calling and stop having work angst. Max connects with other humans. Everyone likes babies. The end.

I thought the Six Feet Under finale was way, way worse, for what it's worth, although that show in general was just so much better overall it is hard to compare. But they do have Adam in common.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:18 pm 
Semen Strong

I felt like the writers didn't want to waste any of the ideas they had for the rest of the show, so they threw them all into the 3 minute montage.

Amber meets a sexy single Dad and they get married and have a baby together!
Joel and Julia get pregnant again and have a biological sprog even though no one thought they could! And a puppy!
Ryan turns his life around and becomes a great Dad to Zeke!
Camille finds new love after Zeke (did you see how they had the guy check her out as she went into Chez Marie?)!
Crosby makes the Luncheonette work, stepping out of Adam's shadow! And Jasmine gets pregnant again!

The speech between Hattie and Max was annoying because it was All. About. Max. I really liked her character before she went to college, and it would have been nice to see a resolution for her that wasn't just her saying that Max made her a better person. Plus she didn't bring her GF to the wedding, unlike Drew, so we didn't even see that aspect of her again.

It wasn't the worst ending of a season ever, because I watched the end of Dexter.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ariann wrote:
I thought the Six Feet Under finale was way, way worse, for what it's worth,

wait. whaaaat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:38 am 
Nailed to the V

Ariann wrote:

I thought the Six Feet Under finale was way, way worse, for what it's worth, although that show in general was just so much better overall it is hard to compare. But they do have Adam in common.

I really didn't like the way they felt the need to show the rest of everyone's lives in Six Feet Under...although I LOVED Six Feet Under. I also started watching Parenthood cause I thought Peter Krause was so great in that, so I kind of have it to thank for all the enjoyment I got out of Parenthood, and I'll be honest, I really did enjoy Parenthood all the way through, even if it did get slightly ridiculous at times.

I was a little annoyed initially in the Montage when Camille was off in Europe, and I though it was about a minute after Zeke died, and I was like "WAIT FOR HIM TO GO MUCH?" But then when I realized it was somewhere over the course of 3 years, that was okay. She should get to do that. I also liked how they sort of paid him tribute and framed the montage through a family baseball game.

What can I say...I got all emotionally invested in these guys, I cried for about the last ten minutes of the episode. (It's also possible I had a long shitty week, and this became the perfect outlet when things compounded) I'll miss Parenthood. Even Crosby, and that's saying something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:10 am 
***LIES!!!***

bluedawg wrote:
Ariann wrote:

wait. whaaaat?

Just go watch the last 5-10 minutes again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:53 pm 

Ariann wrote:
bluedawg wrote:
Ariann wrote:

wait. whaaaat?

Just go watch the last 5-10 minutes again.

i know it by heart! it's my favorite series finale of all time!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:21 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

jerusalemboheme6 wrote:
I was a little annoyed initially in the Montage when Camille was off in Europe, and I though it was about a minute after Zeke died, and I was like "WAIT FOR HIM TO GO MUCH?" But then when I realized it was somewhere over the course of 3 years, that was okay. She should get to do that. I also liked how they sort of paid him tribute and framed the montage through a family baseball game.

I hadn't caught on to the montage yet so I assumed Camille was in Europe because she was going where Zeke wanted to take her.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:30 pm 
***LIES!!!***

bluedawg wrote:

i know it by heart! it's my favorite series finale of all time!

Luckily your cookies are still awesome. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:05 am 

bwah!! <3 <3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:06 am 

Sutra wrote:
jerusalemboheme6 wrote:

I hadn't caught on to the montage yet so I assumed Camille was in Europe because she was going where Zeke wanted to take her.

she was! she was walking into the place he had been telling her about-- the one he was trying to secretly plan the trip to visit (with drew's help).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:58 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

bluedawg wrote:
Sutra wrote:
jerusalemboheme6 wrote:

she was! she was walking into the place he had been telling her about-- the one he was trying to secretly plan the trip to visit (with drew's help).

That was my favorite part of the montage - seeing Camille out and about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18