| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Parenthood
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I love Parenthood. I started watching for Krause and Graham but it's a great show. Who else watches?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post subject: Re: Parenthood
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:36 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I watch it. At first I thought it was just ok, but now I actually think it's a good show. Lauren Graham is good, but she's a one trick pony. all she does is well up with tears. it's her main acting skill. I like when it focuses on Mae Whitman (egg) and the kid that plays her brother. She's great. Also, if Coach never tries to get sexy again, I will be a much happier person.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I also started watching for Peter Krause, but now I just love it. I have a total girl crush on Mae Whitman's character.

And ooh Crosby. You forked up, buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 pm 
Semen Strong

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Also, if Coach never tries to get sexy again, I will be a much happier person.

YES!!!! Its creepy. Last time he looked like he was trying to eat his wife's face. I really like the storyline around Max, and how well they are treating the subject matter of autism. Did you know that in NJ 1 in every 94 children are diagnosed on the autism spectrum?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm 

elouise wrote:
I also started watching for Peter Krause, but now I just love it. I have a total girl crush on Mae Whitman's character.

And ooh Crosby. You forked up, buddy.

Crosby is such an idiot! I'm glad that the show isn't trying to make us feel bad for him. what a crasshole. I know Jasmine is going to forgive him eventually, but I kinda hope she doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I watch it. At first I thought it was just ok, but now I actually think it's a good show. Lauren Graham is good, but she's a one trick pony. all she does is well up with tears. it's her main acting skill. I like when it focuses on Mae Whitman (egg) and the kid that plays her brother. She's great. Also, if Coach never tries to get sexy again, I will be a much happier person.

This is exactly how I feel. Also, I am a little tired of Krause's character always being portrayed as a total good guy. I mean, sure he gets conflicted sometimes, but he never really forks up. Everybody else on the show forks up, why can't he?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yes, I'm glad you started this thread again. I tear up or cry every episode, I don't know why because we've talked about how most of their problems are so trivial but I don't know, it's always so emotional.

Crosby is an idiot but I agree that Jasmine will probably take him back.

unicornsandrainbows wrote:
Also, I am a little tired of Krause's character always being portrayed as a total good guy. I mean, sure he gets conflicted sometimes, but he never really forks up. Everybody else on the show forks up, why can't he?

Totally, I actually thought he was being a real dick after Max found out and how he acted when they went to the therapist and with Christina at home afterwards, he really annoyed me that episode.

Also, I was happy when Sydney stuck to her guns about not wanting to eat meat even when her Zeke was trying to force her to eat the lasagne.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:19 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
Yes, I'm glad you started this thread again. I tear up or cry every episode, I don't know why because we've talked about how most of their problems are so trivial but I don't know, it's always so emotional.

Crosby is an idiot but I agree that Jasmine will probably take him back.

Also, I am a little tired of Krause's character always being portrayed as a total good guy. I mean, sure he gets conflicted sometimes, but he never really forks up. Everybody else on the show forks up, why can't he?

Totally, I actually thought he was being a real dick after Max found out and how he acted when they went to the therapist and with Christina at home afterwards, he really annoyed me that episode.

Also, I was happy when Sydney stuck to her guns about not wanting to eat meat even when her Zeke was trying to force her to eat the lasagne.

I didn't get Adam's negative reaction to trying to portray aspergers in a positive light. that was weird. i was annoyed at him, too.

I like the Sydney being a vegetarian thing, but I also agreed with the grandparents in that episode (kind of). At first they tried to force her, but then at dinner she just had salad and potatoes or something on her plate. they should have just told her if she didnt want that she could eat again in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm 

can you tell i'm trying to write a paper right now? normally i wouldn't have this much to say about Parenthood.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ha!

I'm glad we finally have a thread to discuss it, I always have plenty to talk about but my bf really dislikes the show :/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:36 pm 

haha. my husband thinks it's really dumb, but luckily he goes into the office on wednesdays and I don't have school until 1pm, so I watch it on Wednesday mornings.

his hatred doesnt stop me from telling him the plot later that night.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm 

There's always some great moment that makes me aww. Good stuff.

I am clearly not writing a paper and feeling spacey. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Kitteh wrote:

So right after I wrote this, I went to see if there was a new episode, and I watched the one where Adam is a dick. He actually annoys me a lot with his holier-than-thou papa bear protecting his family thing, but even in this episode he handled his misstep gracefully. So still no major fork ups though.

I liked that the grandparents let her choose which meal to eat, instead of giving up or forcing the lasagna on her.

And I definitely tear up almost every time, too, though I wish I wouldn't. They just know how to pull that heartstring at the perfect time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

ijustdiedinside wrote:

i totally didn't realize that was ann (egg) until my roommate pointed it out. mayonegg. ew god. anyway, i really like parenthood. we get literally three channels at my house and i always end up watching it after the biggest loser haha

also, i disagree about lauren graham. i think you meant her TWO main acting skills: welling up with tears, and spewing really fast dialogue. she basically plays the same character that she did in gilmore girls. but i'm a fan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didn't watch the first season, but am loving the second. It's kind of bittersweet to me... Silas has some sensory issues so watching Max's tribulations usually makes me cry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Love this show, but they'll always be Nate Fisher and Lorelai Gilmore to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:21 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

i think the more i watch it, the more i enjoy this show, because i keep wanting to see what will happen.
the lawyer-mom kind of irks me, though, like, your biggest issue is that your daughter decided to go vegetarian?
i like max's storyline, and when his parents had to explain what autism was. that was kind of sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:48 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I really like the show, it grows on my more every episode.

Crosby is an idiot! But I think Minka Kelly would be a tough pass, even though Jasmine is awesome.

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I like the Sydney being a vegetarian thing, but I also agreed with the grandparents in that episode (kind of). At first they tried to force her, but then at dinner she just had salad and potatoes or something on her plate. they should have just told her if she didnt want that she could eat again in the morning.

If I remember correctly, I think they actually prepared seitan for her or something! But she didn't care for that either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:54 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Also: Michael Emerson as the bug guy! When they were talking to Max about his Asperger's, I kept wanting them to tell him that the bug guy has Asperger's, too, because Max thought he was like the coolest dude ever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 pm 

ericaj wrote:
I really like the show, it grows on my more every episode.

Crosby is an idiot! But I think Minka Kelly would be a tough pass, even though Jasmine is awesome.

ijustdiedinside wrote:

If I remember correctly, I think they actually prepared seitan for her or something! But she didn't care for that either.

Yeah, Minka is really hot, and they've made Jasmine kind of annoying. I mean, I get all her points but they made her come across horribly. But cheating men = crassholes.

They did make her seitan and she wouldn't try it. But she's a punk, that Sydney.

elouise wrote:
Also: Michael Emerson as the bug guy! When they were talking to Max about his Asperger's, I kept wanting them to tell him that the bug guy has Asperger's, too, because Max thought he was like the coolest dude ever.

Me too!! I kept going "TELL HIM ABOUT THE BUG GUY!!" And Emerson was amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:06 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

comalips wrote:
also, i disagree about lauren graham. i think you meant her TWO main acting skills: welling up with tears, and spewing really fast dialogue. she basically plays the same character that she did in gilmore girls. but i'm a fan.

You're right. She's really good at talking quickly. And really, with her tear wells and quick talking, she's covered for both comedic and dramatic moments of acting. haha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:07 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

appifanie wrote:
And Emerson is amazing all the time.

Fixed it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 pm 

ericaj wrote:

oh wow, it was seitan! what the hell did she want from them?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ijustdiedinside wrote:
ericaj wrote:

oh wow, it was seitan! what the hell did she want from them?

Yeah, because I remember thinking the Grandma pronounced it funny but it's just because I see seitan and think "say-ten" not "say-tahn" or however it's pronounced.

And how good is the G'ma for actually preparing seitan, it's not like most people would even know what it is. And did they just have gluten flour lying around in the pantry?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:25 pm 

it was probably store bought seitan. i can't believe i didn't hear them say that! that episode was so messed up with the sexy time craig t nelson. it seriously scarred me for life. PLUS, i thought it was really messed up that he suddenly was into his wife just because she agreed with him once. but mostly ewww!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next