| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parenthood
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:25 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i'm only half way through last night's episode, but omg, Lorelai Gilmore, you are really forking up right now!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:29 pm 

also, crosby is a crasshole! and adam was being annoying with christina.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I cannot handle adam kissing another girl next week. I only watch snippets of the show when its on, but that will kill me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:10 pm 

i know! that's going to be SO dumb. i hate that he was pressuring christina for sex and that apparently is going to turn him into a cheater. also, it would have been cool if they could have made that girl a non-stereotypical tv hot girl. sigh. i liked amber a lot this week. she's my favorite character.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:15 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Adam kissing that girl is ruining the show for me! And of course Kristina is going to feel comfortable with tits in her husbands face, whether she just had a baby or not. Really annoyed at the stereotypical bs from this storyline.

I want to see more of Amber working with Max!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:27 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I'm like 2 eps behind, not including last night. I'm not really sure I can keep watching if they turn Adam into a crasshole. I'm so sick of cheating men.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:08 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

appifanie wrote:
I'm like 2 eps behind, not including last night. I'm not really sure I can keep watching if they turn Adam into a crasshole. I'm so sick of cheating men.

They don't (well, not anymore than usual) and he's not. I'm still not crazy about the storyline, but it's not what you think. Him cheating would have pissed me off beyond repair, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:26 pm 

okay. i'll get to the eps soon then. thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:34 pm 

oh man, everyone was SO annoying in that last episode! Adam doesn't cheat, but he's still super annoying with the lies he chooses to tell.

also, I swear Crosby sang "row row row your boat up and down the stream"

and also, what was amber wearing when she went to talk to her grandma? doesn't matter though. she's still my fave! the boyfriend of the girl with the baby was such a little shiitake!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ijustdiedinside wrote:
oh man, everyone was SO annoying in that last episode! Adam doesn't cheat, but he's still super annoying with the lies he chooses to tell.

also, I swear Crosby sang "row row row your boat up and down the stream"

and also, what was amber wearing when she went to talk to her grandma? doesn't matter though. she's still my fave! the boyfriend of the girl with the baby was such a little shiitake!

Ha! Amber did look naked in that scene-bad angle. The Crosby plot made me happy, though. I still think of Adam as that guy from six feet under so I expect him to be a crasshole.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Adam is an idiot but I have disliked him since he was a dick to Haddie back when she was with Alex.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I noticed that the cafe Max was standing in front of while eating for the bus was vegan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 am 
Nailed to the V

Kitteh wrote:
I noticed that the cafe Max was standing in front of while eating for the bus was vegan

Just watched it and saw that too. We're everywhere!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:23 am 

Parenthood keeps making me want to cry. STOP IT.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:10 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Was there really not an episode on last night or did my dvr miss it amongst all the cheezy Hallmark movies I've been recording?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:18 pm 

i don't recall seeing it on my dvr and there have been a lot of "in 2 weeks" or "in the new year" for promos lately, so it's feasible it wasn't on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 pm 
Semen Strong

No new episode.... I can't believe they won't do an Xmas or Tgiving one, so maybe there'll be one more before it starts up in Jan?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:36 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

According the NBC website, there won't be a new episode until January 3.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:08 am 
Not NOT A Furry

The road trip to Grandma Blanche's was a good episode.

I'm curious if any of you have noticed before... the show is vague about Kristina's backstory. The character has mentioned a couple times that she came from a troubled household. I don't know if her parents were abusive or neglectful, and I'm not sure the nature or extent of what they did, and I'm wondering if the show is going to leave it undisclosed.

It's powerful in a way by not making it specific, or it just might be a convenient device for why the narrative spends so much time with the Bravermans and not Kristina's side of the family. Judging from the quality of the show, and from what I have heard about Katims' other show "Friday Night Lights," my guess is that there is a purpose to it and maybe it will be visited in a future episode.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 pm 

I think that they'll probably bring it in eventually -

I really love this show. I was just gushing over it last night. So good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 pm 
Semen Strong

they did such a great job with Zeke, showing how even when we are older and have families of our own we can still be triggered by our own parents and slip into old patterns. I loved how conflicted he was - he missed his mothers 85th birthday but shows up for the 86th with a $900 gift. I also liked that Camille and his mother looked a bit similar - it reminds me of how we pick our parents in our spouses. And Camille being angry with how Zeke was treated, but being gracious anyway in recognition of the fact that the mother son relationship is so complex.

I was sure the chair getting stolen was a prank by the kids and kept waiting to see it show up somewhere. who steals a barcalounger in under 10 mins?

And I love Kristina and Max. They both did such a good job with that performance. I felt so bad for her being called a bisque and basically having her son call her out on never following through and then bad for Max because he was trying so hard to earn the trip. Their scenes were understated and beautiful.

I could stand never to see Rachel, the recording studio and the terrible musical guest stars again or even pregnant coffee waif, if the season continues with this pitch perfect depiction of family dynamics. I think the rest of it is a bit too much of a melodramatic distraction from the solid core of the show. The only family member I just dont get is Crosby. Everyone else is so nuanced and perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

She's totally going to change her mind. The pregnant chick- I can't remember her name.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 pm 
Semen Strong

They did a good job with Haddie being upset at not getting to go to Cornell bc of all the money that gets spent on Max, but I felt like the resolution was so pat. They don't have enough income, and they can't afford to send her, but they do any way? I eould have liked to see them at least talk about the craziness of loans etc.

Pregnant chick is definitely keeping her baby. And Julia is going to magically get preggers with her one bundle right after - a la Brooke in OTH.

Spoiler: show
NBC just picked up new pilot from Katims with Jason Ritter, so I guess the Sarah in love planning to have another kid arc is about to come crashing down.....They are so cute together, I am going to miss Ritter and the storyline. Please don't have Corbett come back.

This show is so good at capturing imitate moments between people! The director has such a light hand, its a real pleasure to see. The overall plotlines are a bit silly - Jasmine pining for Crosby, Crosby and Peter going into the recording business and becoming successful in record time. Really anything involving Crosby. He is the only character I just feel is so annoying and without redeeming qualities.

There are only 4 more episodes this season. I hope they come back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

That spoiler is interesting, Tofulish and I agree about Crosby too

I feel sorry for Julia but it's such an odd situation, having the girl living with you while you're planning on adopting her baby.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:11 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So is Amber gonna catch on that Bob is totally into her? He has the most gorgeous green eyes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next