| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parenthood
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hey, you're right! First episode that I haven't cried during!

I saw the smirk too. I thought it was cute that he was happy that something so silly was making his sick wife feel good about herself.

Also, I feel really bad for Sydney. I think her storyline is pretty genuine. Of course her parents are overwhelmed and preoccupied and it makes sense that she'd react by being a brat to Victor. I do wish they had talked to them about that part though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Tofulish, you're gonna hate this one. So much Max! (I'm fine with the Max story line)

I thought it was really interesting that they had a mature content warning at the beginning and then actually went through with the abortion! Pretty amazing. Last weeks preview made me think drew was going to push for her to have the baby, but I'm really glad he was as supportive as a 17 year old kid can be in a situation like this. I'm glad he's gonna tell his mom and i thought it was great that he went to his sister.

I wish, even when they were yelling at Victor, that they had told him that they loved him or something. Joel is doing his best, but when he said "she's my wife," he really made this separation between the family and Victor and it made me sad for the kid. Sigh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I wanted to punch Jasmine's mom. I hate people in my space (had an incident once with my husband's friend), so I was getting really frustrated when she was all la di da, I'm not going to take the job.

The Max storyline wasn't so bad this time, at least he showered.

If I were in Julia's position I would feel the same way (which is why its good that I do not have nor plan to ever have children). I wouldn't be able to take or handle that. Joel's a good guy though.

Are we ever going to see the Friday Night Lights guy again or is he done for good???

Sarah needs to make up her f*cking mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I was always kind of anti-Mark, but now I feel like I'm pro-Mark. Anything that ends the awkward tension between Ray Romano and Lorelei.

I thought the actor that played Drew did any amazing job. His face when standing at the door with Lorelei! I broke down in tears, too. (Of course.) I thought they did an excellent job with how they handled it. I was expecting her to back out because it's TV, but I'm glad that they didn't. I think they showed that sometimes that is the choice that you have to make. While it's not easy, it's really what's best. You know the Braverman's would have rallied around a little mustard child like nobody's business though.

Victor is freaking me out with his anger. I wish there was a way for them to sit down and talk about it. I can't imagine how amazingly frustrating that would be.

Jasmine's mom was bothering me, too, but I thought her last speech was pretty poignant. Plus, she's not been out of work that long. I think it's natural to be a little selective in the beginning. I'm the same way about people in my space though. I love how much my dad comes to visit, but he always puts stuff different places. The part that really got me was the look that Jasmine gave to Crosby after the speech, like, LOOK WHAT YOU DID! And she was totally pushing her mom to take the job, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm 

I don't love having house guests for more than weekend either, but sorry Crosby, it's your mother in law and she needs some help. She shouldn't have to just take a job she doesn't want. Especially because Crosby is such an entitled, jackass, moocher! He owes the world someone else mooching off him for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

max actually had some of the best lines of the night. "i washed my armpits, butt, and balls with soap." the scene where zeke and camille came over was hilarious.

i wasn't a huge fan of peter krause's directing during the abortion storyline, though. it was kind of a letdown when the scene went silent as the doctor started to talk about abortion. i get that he was trying to show how overwhelming this stuff is to two kids, but we never hear any direct conversation about the procedure on tv.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 pm 

I almost forgot about Zeke talking about ejaculation! That was amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm 
protein lump

Hardcastle McCormick wrote:
max actually had some of the best lines of the night. "i washed my armpits, butt, and balls with soap." the scene where zeke and camille came over was hilarious.

totally.

i think this was the first time this season that i didn't totally hate everyone!

i thought all of the storylines were really great. i don't know anything about adoption, but i just kind of assumed therapy was involved? why aren't julia and joel and the kids all in therapy to talk about, oh i don't know, throwing a ~10 year old into their family?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I found the Max storyline to be quite humorous.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:31 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I forgot about the Zeke/Camille conversation with Max - that was pure win!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I go so nervous during this one because I knew I would have to stop watching if she backed out of the abortion. So glad they didn't do that like every other tv show, movie lately.

The therapy point is a good one. I am shocked how little thought they put into bringing Victor into the family. It doesn't even seem like Joel and what's her name considered the possible effects on Sydney. Now it's blowing up and the situation is awful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:52 am 

Maybe therapy is where the storyline will go if Victor stays? That'd be interesting to watch. Julia could have some kind of conflict with the therapist, and then they have that epiphany moment where she really realizes something the therapist is saying is true, which leads to a heart to heart with Victor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Again, still not thinking about Sydney! The issues with Victor are so much more complicated than "he doesn't love me" that it's ridiculous. I guess I'm disappointed in the depth of the writing around the adoption plot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 am 

Yes, I agree, but I think it was a little better this week than last week. It is crazy that there's no family counseling though!

I'm annoyed that they seem to have dropped the drew/amy story line. that scene where drew comes to his mom crying last week...I expected there to be some follow-up on that. Maybe their season got shortened? Super weird that they just acted like that never happened.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:35 pm 
protein lump

yeah, i was totally expecting there to be some follow-up to the end of last week.

and i absolutely HATE the idea of julia going along with adoption when she's not 100% sure about it. way to think about the kids involved!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

tOtally flabbergasted that drew wasn't even in this episode.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 am 
***LIES!!!***

Everything is all better (except sarah maybe? I'm confused)? Boring.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I still haven't watched. Who did Sarah pick?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I sort of drifted off at the end, but I think neither? Or maybe Hank? I don't know, she told everybody she loves them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:12 pm 

she told mark she was picking hank and then hank told her he's moving to minnesota and asked her to come with him. then the show ended

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh,that's why I'm confused. I saw her saying yes to Hank, but then he was in Minnesota and I don't think she was with him. Clearly she's not going to minnesota (and I don't even care enough about her storyline to focus when she's on the screen). Unimpressive cliffhanger.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 pm 
Semen Strong

It seemed like a show ender to me - they kind of wrapped up (loosely!) all the threads and there isn't any big drama that would have you turn in to see. I wonder if they are anticipating not being picked up again.

Sarah and Hank had the least sexy kiss I have ever seen. It seemed like they both wanted to run as fast and as far away as they could from one another. So not in line with "there are only two people I love and one is you." Lauren Graham can make sparks with anyone - she was so hot with Jason Ritter. Sarah and Mark, I could believe, and I would have liked to see them navigate the world of living together with a teenaged kid. I liked the episode where Mark caught Drew and Amy, and I think it would have been interesting seeing them deal with that more. The whole Hank storyline was a waste to me. I like the idea that Sarah is always drawn to men who are so deeply needy, and then sabotages her own happiness to go and fix them, but that could have been done in an episode or two. And OMG give me a break about Hank suddenly deciding to move to Minnesota after living far away from his daughter for years and barely ever seeing her.

I liked the adoption scene - Zeke making it about him being a grandfather was so in line with Zeke and the Braverman Clan. I liked Victor asking Julia to come to the hearing and seeing Victor look worried about Julia reconsidering the adoption after the vase broke and then light up during the hearing. That was lovely and understated. Also, I love Joel and Julia. They are so lovely together and you get the sense of a solid couple with sparks which is nice.

BARF for another throw-away Braverman baby though. Seriously, still bitter about the fact that Nora got shunted aside for the stupid Kristina Kancer Katastrophe that was this season. Also, BARF for Crosby apologizing to his MIL because she pulled some passive aggressive victimy shiitake after he asked her not to criticize their parenting in front of their child, which seemed pretty reasonable to me. Apparently the one to whine the longest wins. And for once it wasn't Crosby. Why is Jasmine with Crosby? She is so beautiful and Crosby looks like a rat.

Drew getting into Berkeley YAY! And then realizing that he and Amy were going in different directions with a sweet goodbye was awwwww! First love <3

Amber and Ryan getting back together and looking at engagement rings at the end. Awww. I know he has problems and I hope he can fix them because he is so freaking sexy. Seriously, almost as sexy as Joel. Maybe more sexy than Joel. I liked the scene a few episodes ago with them in the ocean. Yum.

The Kristina Kancer Kaper was annoying as always. Monica Potter just looks like a sexy sexy Conehead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

aaaarrrrgggghhh, sarah! terrible decision-making.

and how is drew the first person in the family ever to go to college when julia is a lawyer?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 am 

I think she just meant in their little family - mom, dad, sister, brother. But it was a weird thing to say.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:16 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ooooh, okay. i'll allow it, heh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next