| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parenthood
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Seriously. I HATE the Julia and Joel storyline. The way Victor was acting this week . . . breaks my heart.

But . . . what happened to Haddie? I know she went to college and all, but I find it weird that they don't even talk about her. Not even like a "Haddie called and she's doing well" sort of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:22 pm 
Semen Strong

They're in discussions with Sarah Ramos, so maybe they just don't know what the storyline is going to be yet? But yeah, its kind of like Baby Nora - they had her and then she just sort of disappears into a void. Because the only child that matters is Max. Its such a lost opportunity to show how hard it can be to juggle several children, to deal with the humorous situations that toddlers create as well, and to show how parents interact with a child away at college, I agree. But sadly the Bravermans are All Max All The Time. Kristina doesn't bat an eyelid at leaving Nora to go off to a sleepaway with Max, who doesn't even want her there. Because NO ONE CARES ABOUT NORA.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:10 pm 
Semen Strong

Okay the episode with Max getting cruelly pranked by the other kids was so sad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:59 pm 
Semen Strong

Joel, who?

Yay for Julia! SERIOUSLY, I HOPE JOELIA never gets back together.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh man the season finale made me sob and ugly cry. This show! I just started it a few months ago and binged watched up to the current season. It's so much better without commercial breaks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Has anyone started the final season yet? I'm watching the day after it airs on Hulu so I haven't seen last night episode yet. But the season opener was really good and now I'm sad and excited to see where everything is going to go. Only 13 episodes!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm watching. I'm so sad it's ending!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm watching too! although i'm one episode behind. i'm so happy we're getting a final season, but i'm sad that it's ending.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:56 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm still watching even though I hate crosby (with a fiery passion), adam, sarah, julia, zeke and camille and ray romano. I hate Julia the least of all of them, but for some reason I like the show. Kristina is also really getting on my nerves. She's being so way over protective of max right now. But I like all the grandkids, which I guess is what keeps me watching.

forking Crosby! Why does he have to be such a horrible dbag! with the preview for next week showing crosby and jasmine fighting, i'm so nervous he cheated on her again. If he did, and she takes him back again I am going to pissed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:19 pm 
Semen Strong

I am having a hard time with understanding why Joel and Julia broke up. The closest reason I see is that when she decided to stay home with the kids, Joel resented it and lost respect for her. And now that she is back in the workforce (whatever happened to her being blackballed by her former firm so she couldn't find work?), she has Joel and her hot new guy interested in her. And I like the message that people will love you when you love yourself and feel empowered (because Julia really seemed disempowered and unhappy as a stay at home mother), but I kind of really hate that they got this far down the track to divorce, because it seems so out of character for J&J and seemingly without a real underlying rhyme or reason. Not that they lost their connection, but that Joel wouldn't fight harder to keep his marriage and work things through.

I guess (not a spoiler) that we're supposed to be on tenterhooks to see how J&J resolves, by the season's end, but I don't think either her moving on with a new dude or getting back with Joel is going to answer the questions I have about their split from last season in a way that leaves me enthusiastic about their relationship. I really like Julia!

And yes, Crosby is being a jerk, but at least its in character - Jasmine has always been a bit controlling and he has always been a bit of a manchild. I like that the underlying themes of a relationship that broke them up once before are coming back, and hopefully will be resolved differently this time to show growth.

And doubleplusyummy for hating Max, Kristina and Adam. They are the most insufferable, entitled characters! And magically opening up a charter school just on charm and their own awesomeness strains credulity for me.

I like Amber, but I really hope that the series finale isn't her having her baby with all the complications of single parenting magically resolved.

I kind of assume their going to have Zeke die and Amber have a baby as a "life goes on" kind of thing though, so yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I haven't seen last week's episode yet. I really hope they figure out a way to go out on a high note with this show. I feel like there aren't enough episodes left to wrap it up properly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Tofulish wrote:

I kind of assume their going to have Zeke die and Amber have a baby as a "life goes on" kind of thing though, so yeah.

I've kind of assuming this as well, although I wouldn't like it. Especially since he just survived the surgery and seems to be getting back on his feet!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:50 pm 
Semen Strong

Kristina Braverman is the worst principal and parent ever. And that last conversation, where Max has essentially completely transgressed boundaries (including stalking Dylan), gotten in a fight and screamed during school because Dylan kissed someone else, and Kristina follows him to tell him how "beautiful and amazing" he is for expressing his feelings and that if Dylan doesn't get it, then its because she's not the right girl, and the right girl will love being stalked and having a public confrontation and a smear campaign against the guy she is interested in. Oy. Really, just UGH. Chamberpot Academy is more like it. And then Dylan comes to apologize to Kristina and Max and Max is rude and Kristina just lets this girl, who has behavioral issues, whom she knows has no support at home, who is her student, go off into the dark without a word. She could have at least said a nice good bye or offered to drive her home, but as always Kristina only cares about Max. She sucks.

And why is the show wasting a full quarter of one of the last episodes we have to say good bye to the Bravermans on Ruby, Hank and Sandy? I Do. Not. Care. Go Away. Tell me about Joel and Julia instead.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:51 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I really wanted last week's episode to pick up where the one before left off and see Joel fight for Julia. Even though they're sort of awful together, the romantic in me just wants them to work things out -- for the kids if nothing else. And then they weren't even IN the episode. Grrr! Hank is great and all, but Ruby is just obnoxious and predictable, and I want to see more of the people I've grown to care about over the last few years!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:20 pm 
Semen Strong

I think the Hank story line is a proxy for a happy ending for Max, so that we can see that someone with autism can have a successful life and family etc. I think that is why he and Sandy are going to get back together and he's going to become a good Dad for Ruby.

Its a good idea, but I still don't care about Ruby. I'd rather see more interactions between Hank and Max, where Hank sets boundaries and teaches Max to self-regulate instead of seeing Kristina overindulge him. And I am grateful that we never see Sarah and Hank kiss, because those two have no chemistry at all. Sandy and Hank have good chemistry, especially bonding over their blackberry brandy "Tastes like highschool." I am also annoyed that we never saw how Kristina dealt with Max's meltdown at Amber.

But yes, can we focus on winding up the character storylines? I was so happy that Amber and SexySoldier didn't get back together, but I'd love to see how her story goes, besides the inevitable birth in the series finale. And I'm not looking forward to the magical resolution of the Luncheonette - Peter and Crosby really just need to pull it out and work to save their business, but instead its probably going to go like all the Braverman projects, where random strangers just give them a ton of money for no reason. I am liking Jasmine and Crosby lately, and like Crosby maturing into less of an asparagus than he has been. At least he isn't dealing with his problems by sleeping with random women any longer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:24 pm 

yeah, kristina was pretty awful. max didn't get in trouble for that flyer or starting that fight??? what! i was waiting for the other kid's mom to come to the school and get pissed off. and max WAS being creepy! she needs to tell him that when a girl says stop he needs to stop. it was so cringy. i'm glad he's able to express some emotion, but she shouldn't be praising him for yelling when a girl doesn't like him. ew.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:52 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yeah, I was yelling at the TV during that scene. Way to raise an entitled Nice Guy™ with no boundaries. I'm probably overreacting, but I just kept thinking of all the violence perpetuated against women by men like Rodger Elliot who think they're entitled to a woman's attention, and I honestly felt like it was kind of irresponsible of the show to have Kristina react like that to Max's behavior, and give no indication that either of them (Max or Kristina) was in the wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:59 pm 

i'm so annoyed that i just tweeted at the show "hi @nbcparenthood,very unhappy with the way Kristina praised Max for flipping out on Dylan.He should learn when a girl says no she means it."

I think this might be the final straw. Gonna take it off my DVR now and see how I feel later in the week.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:01 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Max is actually harassing Dylan. What he is doing is assault and harassment.
I've always disliked Kristina and Adam, but now I downright hate them for trying to blame Dylan's parents for their son's very obvious inappropriate behavior. Jesus. If they don't address this, it might be the end for me.

I love the Sarah/Ruby/Hank interactions, but I dislike Ruby's mom. They brought back mister pretty teacher Mark so Hank can get back with his wife and Sarah won't be alone. Or something. I don't know how Sarah puts up with her boyfriend's ex wife very obviously trying to "steal her man." That whole plot line is ridiculous and could've been so wonderful watching divorced parents interact and learn to live in a new situation with Sarah part of it- Ruby has grown to like her, after all.

Amber is an idiot for keeping that baby, but to each their own idiocy.
And Drew planning his school to help Amber? Dude! GTFO of that! No! Do what YOU want and be happy with YOUR life. You have a chance!

I want Joel and Julia back together. Their entire demise and separation was so sad and well done, but man. They were the best couple. Except Sydney is such a brat.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

elouise wrote:
Yeah, I was yelling at the TV during that scene. Way to raise an entitled Nice Guy™ with no boundaries. I'm probably overreacting, but I just kept thinking of all the violence perpetuated against women by men like Rodger Elliot who think they're entitled to a woman's attention, and I honestly felt like it was kind of irresponsible of the show to have Kristina react like that to Max's behavior, and give no indication that either of them (Max or Kristina) was in the wrong.

You're not overreacting. It is so forked up and nobody (but Dylan and her parents) actually sees it for what it is, for some stupid reason.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:59 pm 
protein lump

i hope all of these people die in a fire in the last episode. they are all terrible. i really hope joel gets away from such a forked up family.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:09 pm 
***LIES!!!***

esme wrote:
i hope all of these people die in a fire in the last episode. they are all terrible. i really hope joel gets away from such a forked up family.

Hahahaha. Tell us what you really think.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:16 pm 

you guys, I'm so conflicted. I didn't watch this week's yet, but I really don't know if I should keep watching. I hate everyone except amber and drew.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:36 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh idji, I feel you. I watched it and it was infuriating, but Joel and Julia were worth watching. He is a very sexy man. I am watching it until the end - but basically the four storylines were Drew and Zeke, Sarah and Hank, Kristina, Adam and Max being obtuse even in the face of being called on their blindspot for Max by Dylan's parents, and finally Julia and Joel. And the last part made the episode worth seeing - even though I'm still mad at Joel.

I'll put my thoughts in a separate post, so as not to spoil anything!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:17 am 
Semen Strong

The whole Max thing is just SO Bad. Kristina refusing to reassign Dylan and telling her to suck it up and blowing her concerns off, when she was clearly distraught. Max grabbing Dylan and having a giant blow-up, during which Adam and Kristina attack Dylan's parents for not being there enough, instead of just apologizing and acting like principals of a school instead of irate and defensive parents. And then of course Adam and Kristina go and apologize to Max for not teaching him about relationships properly. But at the end, everyone succumbs to the Braverman charm. Oy.

Joel and Julia - I really liked Joel's speech, but I wish they weren't destroying the character of Chris, who seemed like he was a really patient and understanding guy. But hey, they have to push him out so Joelia can get back together. But I really don't see that her issue, that he ran the first time they had a rough time, is resolved, and I hate Camilla going "Oh well, that is what marriage is." I wish they had just had a credible reason for the conflict and shown Joelia working through the conflict, instead of just slapping together an ending where Joel takes all the blame and comes back begging. Blargh.

I don't care about Hank and Sarah. Sarah had so much more chemistry with Mark, even as they were winding up their relationship in that last conversation. It was really hard to believe Sarah choosing Hank. But I guess the writers want Hank to have a happy ending to promise one for Max.

And the Zeke storyline was kind of sweet, but that ending was so scary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next