| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NHL 2011-2012
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:13 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

This may be an early start but I have been wanting to ask this question since the schedule came out.
V, is it to early to talk smack about our season opener or have you already come to accept that the nucks are going to loose on oct 6?
-D

Post subject: Re: NHL 2011-2012
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:08 pm 
WELFARIST!

My one wish for this season is that the Leafs make the playoffs. And the Leafs are immune to smack talk anyhoo as they've smacked themselves down so hard, they've been in the cellar of NHL standings for years. There's only one way to go. So, rise!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:27 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

hey, Colby Armstrong is Doing the best he can :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:47 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

RIP Rick Rypien. :( So sad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:49 pm 

Dave, I dunno. I'm still kind of broken down. But I am excited that the Nucks face the Pens in the opening game. Ps....I didn't know this thread existed until now!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm 

So is Sidney Crosby coming back or what?!

ETA: I feel like I wasn't sensitive enough about Rypien.

I really liked the guy. Sure, he was a bruiser, but he had heart and had the sensibility to seek help for his problems. It's so tragic that he passed, and I'll really miss watching him play.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

well in your defense you have been nursing the cup loss.. and busy getting tattooed, I have been down both roads. (nice ink btw)
Rypien is sad. Bruiser or not he is still a human being. As for Sid. I don't know what that is all about.. They say none of the symptoms keep him from working out pretty hard but who knows.
I can speak volumes on headaches I know I had 2 pretty hard hits to the head within 18hrs apart when I was 11-12 one I am not to sure was a concussion but the 2nd I am 99% sure was. I never recall getting headaches before but ever since I get them kinda bad.. I always had sinus issues.. Sid also has sinus issues.. (my only comparison to Sid unless you count the fact that we are on complete opposite sides of the hockey skills spectrum hell I can barely skate) I have had lingering head issues for almost 2 weeks now from one. Point being Weather gets hinkey my head goes nuts. Some people say maybe he is misdiagnosing his sinus stuff for his concussion stuff.. But it breaks down to we just have no clue how the brain really works.. I hope he comes back.. not just for the pens but for hockey in general. He is one of the great ones both on and off the ice. But like I said about Rypien, He is a human being and his life or quality of life is way more important then a few dollars and a shiny piece of metal.

Now.. tell Lou, there is a big sale on adult diapers at the grocery store :)

-D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:42 pm 

Have you guys heard about this? So much suckage and tragedy this summer. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011 ... crash.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:13 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Yeah it's really sad. Up and down day for Hockey yesterday.. Sid Had his press conference. Things look really good for him being back this season but my guess is not for the 6th.
-D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:46 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I know it is preseason but we're 3-0. Since this where all the smack talk should be taking place.. We are coming for you in 12 days nucks... ever notice that Joe Calderone looks a lot like Roberto Luango.. and they both let it slip between their legs hahahhahahah.... (little drunk and totally ready to talk smack...)
-D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:07 am 

I'll take your smack talk. This pre-season has been kind of pitiful so far for the nucks, but I'm letting it roll off me more than usual because when I've gotten excited about amazing preseasons in the past they have led into a shiitake start to the regular season. Yes, this is all based on superstitions I made up, and have no base in logic. I do think the Pens will have a good year, even if Sid doesn't return. The Jets have been fun to follow. Kyle Wellwood!

I stayed in a motel next door to the arena that hosted the Victoria Royals' very first game as an WHL team last night. Jealous! I watched it on TV and it was a fun game. I might start writing about them if I can get the press pass.

The media and everyone and their dog are spouting nothing but the same old Luongo smack talk 24 hours a day. I'm so over it. I do wonder what's going to happen with Schneids, though. He's definitely an elite goaltender, and probably has no business taking a back seat to Lu.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:18 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Staying in a Motel??? Hope you got your foily unicorn . :) It would be totally cool to get a press pass for a team even a Minor one.. My daughter had her first football game to cheer for on Saturday. It was Termite Ball so like 2nd graders and such.. Spent 1/4 of the time shooting the players, 1/4 time shooting the cheerleaders and 1/2 the time making sure my 3 year old did not run onto the field or jump into a puddle... Point being.. a sideline spot is awesome for photos..

I agree that even with no Sid the team has a strong game.. Malkin is great.. and we have 2 good goalies.. Nice Defense and James Neal if he can ever finish.. I would not be to Concerned about Schneids.. It is nice when you have 2 really great goalies. And you never know Lu could sprain his vagina and be out the rest of the season . :)
-D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm 

I haven't received the unicorn yet, but our mail sucks! Thanks! How old is your daughter? I assume you're talking American football? Any plans to put the kids in hockey? I'd like to think I would encourage my non-existant kids to get on the ice but I know how freaking expensive it is.

I'm kind of half-living in Victoria these days, so it would be neat to be able to cover the Royals. PHN said the press pass was ready for the Canucks for me this year, but I can't afford the Vancouver trips, unfortunately. I'm trying not to think about it.

I'm not concerned about Schneids, but it is almost necessary to trade him if Lou stays. As for your other comment, STFU.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

LOL! My oldest is 7 and the other is 3. If she wanted to play hockey that would be awesome but she does not seem to into that and we (mrs superdave and I) kind of have a don't push the kids into anything policy. Now if they try something they have to stick it out at least until the session is over. But my oldest is more into Gymnastics and Acrobatics. Before she had to get up for school she used to fall asleep watching the games with me but now not so much (kinda miss that). Maybe when she gets older who knows. She can sorta skate and In the area of pittsburgh where we live Hockey is Huge..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm 

Well, isn't this just fascinating. http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/09/29 ... on-opener/

Got my prized uni today, Dave! Thank you for the good luck charm! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:43 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

yeah as of this morning they are reporting that he is going but anyone out your way expecting to see him on the ice should show up for practice. Not sure what the time line is but he still is not clear for contact in practice. With the opener a week a way.. I highly doubt he will be playing. That said I never thought both Talbot and Jagr would go to the flyers. I mean there are 29 other teams in the NHL. Still we finished the season 4th in the east with both Malkin and Crosby out for most of 2011.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 pm 

Goddammit Luongo! GOD. DAMN. IT.

Ugh. Well, good game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:10 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

I wish I had seen all of this game but a meeting with the president of my company at 8:00am made me only watch half (the good half for me) Woke up between 1 and 2 flipped to NHL on the Fly to see Letang put it behind Luongo in the shootout then passed back out with a smile..
Sadly this game was this soon.. But Hey Matt Cooke with 2 goals.. that has to be some good right :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 am 

It was typical October Canucks. Slow start, impressive third, Luongo lets us down.

You're lucky you missed the bizarre tribute to people who controlled the riots before the puck drop. Though I doubt that would have been broadcast in the US.

Anyway, fun to have Pittsburgh in town. I don't think we meet again this season!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:26 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Let's go Bruins!

(sorry to you very nice Nucks fans on the board, I just can't help myself - I love the Bruins)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:42 pm 

Oh don't worry. We're not nice to each other in this thread! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:45 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

vijita wrote:
I don't think we meet again this season!

yeah and since everyone is saying Blackhawks Pens for the cup... See ya next year :)
-D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:48 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

vijita wrote:

So you guys aren't going to bond over Matt Cooke stories?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 pm 
Saggy Butt

I was mostly happy with last night's results: Pens won (barely, ugh), Leafs won (I like the Leafs okay, but loathe Montreal), but Philly! A pox on you, Philly!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:59 pm 

rohai wrote:
vijita wrote:

So you guys aren't going to bond over Matt Cooke stories?

Been there, done that.