| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:27 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 390
Location: Vancouver
Spoiler: show
Bran's stry gets really, really, interesting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10462
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
that's a spoiler! i'm not even kidding. In this show, knowing whose alive in later books is a spoiler, as sad as that is.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: va
ijustdiedinside wrote:
that's a spoiler! i'm not even kidding. In this show, knowing whose alive in later books is a spoiler, as sad as that is.


tooootally a spoiler, agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:03 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8586
I spoiler tagged it. So the other exciting thing going on in my life, besides Game Of Thrones, is PPK spoilers.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:47 pm 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 am
Posts: 196
I'm so excited for the finale! It's going to be the shiitake!

I haven't read the books yet but I am totally spoiled on everything (it's always how it is for shows I like). I figure I should probably read all the books now since I can't wait to figure out if some of the theories running out there are true or not and I'll spoil myself silly anyway.

Anyway, this show is so rape-y! I'm hoping the books have the rape-y bits a little more spread out, because sheesh. Also the horse brutality! It is so OOC! How many more horse throat slits will we be seeing?!

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) is a vegetarian! No wonder he's always drinking wine all the time, there's like nothing else for him to eat. ;)

Only two more days until the finale! And then a long time until the next season... at least there are the books and True Blood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4032
Location: Toronto, ON
aw darn, I didn't realize this next episode was going to be the finale. :(

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:28 pm 
Offline
Pumpkinhead's lovechild
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 162
ijustdiedinside wrote:
that's a spoiler! i'm not even kidding. In this show, knowing whose alive in later books is a spoiler, as sad as that is.


Spoiler: show
Which in itself is a spoiler telling people a whole bunch of people are yet to die


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:37 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 159
Location: Chicago
heathergalaxy wrote:
I'm so excited for the finale! It's going to be the shiitake!

I haven't read the books yet but I am totally spoiled on everything (it's always how it is for shows I like). I figure I should probably read all the books now since I can't wait to figure out if some of the theories running out there are true or not and I'll spoil myself silly anyway.

Anyway, this show is so rape-y! I'm hoping the books have the rape-y bits a little more spread out, because sheesh. Also the horse brutality! It is so OOC! How many more horse throat slits will we be seeing?!

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) is a vegetarian! No wonder he's always drinking wine all the time, there's like nothing else for him to eat. ;)

Only two more days until the finale! And then a long time until the next season... at least there are the books and True Blood.

I'm considering reading the books since I'm almost wrapped up with TB books. I have a concern that the writing/language in the books will be too old-timey for me to follow. I love periody tv/movies but when it comes to reading it I tend to space out. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or is it just me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
ericaj wrote:
I'm considering reading the books since I'm almost wrapped up with TB books. I have a concern that the writing/language in the books will be too old-timey for me to follow. I love periody tv/movies but when it comes to reading it I tend to space out. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or is it just me?

I know what you mean but I don't think these books are like that, give the first one a try and see what you think.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:14 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10462
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
Maarschmellow wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
that's a spoiler! i'm not even kidding. In this show, knowing whose alive in later books is a spoiler, as sad as that is.


Spoiler: show
Which in itself is a spoiler telling people a whole bunch of people are yet to die


I think you're joking?

But if not, it's not a spoiler because people who haven't seen the show probably shouldn't be looking in this thread and everyone who has seen the show up till now knows that a lot of people die.

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:45 am 
Offline
stop: can't. won't. don't.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 1865
Location: NYC nosebleeds.
no, up until now, people have been dying left and right. but i'm pretty sure that things are going to change and there's going to be no deaths at all in the next three books/seasons. yaaaay!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:38 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8586
I think the finale is going to be about gardening so break out your your gardening gloves, ladies!

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:08 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:49 am
Posts: 159
Location: Chicago
Kitteh wrote:
ericaj wrote:
I'm considering reading the books since I'm almost wrapped up with TB books. I have a concern that the writing/language in the books will be too old-timey for me to follow. I love periody tv/movies but when it comes to reading it I tend to space out. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or is it just me?

I know what you mean but I don't think these books are like that, give the first one a try and see what you think.

thanks Kitteh - I think I'll give it a go soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:43 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 427
Location: ATX
just found out from the game of thrones cheat sheet (no spoilers there) that robb, the oldest stark boy, is supposed to be 14 and sansa is supposed to be 11?!?! what?! the actors are 25 and 15, respectively.

joffrey is supposed to be 12. that at least explains his behavior. every 12-year-old boy is a MORON.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:52 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8586
That is super helpful. But I didn't know Baelish is a Baratheon, How so? And where is Robert's brother?

I guess I can see why they made the actors a bit older. It would be awkward watching 9 year olds stab people.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8586
IsaChandra wrote:
That is super helpful. But I didn't know Baelish is a Baratheon, How so? And where is Robert's brother?

Ohhh, I see. You have to rollover that shiitake.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:59 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 427
Location: ATX
wait, if ned is dead, doesn't that mean that we'll never find out who jon snow's mother is, since ned was keeping it a secret? dammit!

(that wasn't a request for a spoiler from those who've read the book. i'd rather not know.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8586
joanna wrote:
wait, if ned is dead, doesn't that mean that we'll never find out who jon snow's mother is, since ned was keeping it a secret? dammit!

(that wasn't a request for a spoiler from those who've read the book. i'd rather not know.)

Well, the mother is still alive (maybe) so we can find out that way?

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:58 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:27 pm
Posts: 722
joanna wrote:
just found out from the game of thrones cheat sheet (no spoilers there) that robb, the oldest stark boy, is supposed to be 14 and sansa is supposed to be 11?!?! what?! the actors are 25 and 15, respectively.

joffrey is supposed to be 12. that at least explains his behavior. every 12-year-old boy is a MORON.


They definitely aged up all the kids for the TV show. Sansa is 13 instead of 11, Arya is 11 instead of 9, Robb is 17 instead of 14, Daenerys is 15 instead of 13.

This site has really good infographics that explain who's related to who and such:

Edit: I'm going to link to the site since they have a bunch of episode-specific guides and you can pick how much you want to know: http://hauteslides.com/2011/05/game-of- ... tionships/

_________________
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
"You know who doesn't care if you're a fat vegan? The animals." Isa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:08 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 427
Location: ATX
BluePlasticStraw wrote:
joanna wrote:
just found out from the game of thrones cheat sheet (no spoilers there) that robb, the oldest stark boy, is supposed to be 14 and sansa is supposed to be 11?!?! what?! the actors are 25 and 15, respectively.

joffrey is supposed to be 12. that at least explains his behavior. every 12-year-old boy is a MORON.


They definitely aged up all the kids for the TV show. Sansa is 13 instead of 11, Arya is 11 instead of 9, Robb is 17 instead of 14, Daenerys is 15 instead of 13.

This site has really good infographics that explain who's related to who and such:

Edit: I'm going to link to the site since they have a bunch of episode-specific guides and you can pick how much you want to know: http://hauteslides.com/2011/05/game-of- ... tionships/


thanks! that's extremely helpful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:16 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4032
Location: Toronto, ON
you guys! my 6 month free preview of HBO ended this morning! It's super lame, I knew it was going to end soon, but I was hoping it would be AFTER the finale. Sigh.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:20 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
joanna wrote:
wait, if ned is dead, doesn't that mean that we'll never find out who jon snow's mother is, since ned was keeping it a secret? dammit!

I was wondering that too, I hope we find out.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:05 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8586
fork YOU!!!! DRAGOOONNSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!H!H!H!!!!

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8586
That was even better than V baby! I'm ordering the books now.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:24 pm 
Offline
stop: can't. won't. don't.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 1865
Location: NYC nosebleeds.
i haven't seened the finale yet and am DYING. it's DLing. seriously, can't take it.

(i skipped all new posts and am just here to whine.)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer