| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

thanks. <3
here's the thread for the people who have read the books: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11620

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Peter Dinklage is doing something awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gDtKgJ3Q94

<3 <3 <3 Thanks so much for posting this.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:01 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Phoenix wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
Peter Dinklage is doing something awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gDtKgJ3Q94

<3 <3 <3 Thanks so much for posting this.

Yes, thank you! Now I love him even more.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:06 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

That's awesome. I didn't know he was a vegetarian.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 am 

around 2007, he made a video for peta on his vegetarianism, and he's cuddling a puggle mutt that's almost as big as he is. it's so cute!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

What was the deal with this outfit?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Conspicuous consumption - she can afford a solid gold bustier? Or perhaps showing how out of touch she is - she's under siege and people are starving all around her, but she's wearing a solid gold bustier.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:03 am 

Ha, I also started on about her gold bustier as soon as I saw it. That looks like it would be super uncomfortable.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 am 

I thought it was armor because they were in battle. In any case, it looks ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:12 am 

yeah, i thought it was armor as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:42 am 

Game of Thrones = The Walking Dead?

Holy crepe, that episode!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:28 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm super confused about who burned down winterfell! the iron born dudes left. it didn't seem like they were going to burn everything down. they just wanted to GTFO, but why would the northerners have done it? so confused.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

W. T. F. Zombie horse.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 pm 

yeah, i have no idea how the burnination happened either. and where were the northerners in the long-view shot? had they left? it was such a weird non-explanation.

i suppose the northerners might have done it to draw out the iron islanders, but very unlikely. (did robb offend them or something? is it possibly the father of the son that jaime killed, and they wanted revenge for what catlin did? the angry "selfish" sonless father seems really out of place in war.)

i also really wanted to see a video of brienne kicking asparagus to some tom jones music.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I was confused about the burning too. Maybe the iron islanders burned the city before leaving? It seemed strange.

And whoa. The ending. Zombies?!

I want to see more of Jon and the wildlings next season. And more Daenerys.

And the face shifting?! That freaked me right out.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:06 pm 

at first, i thought jacon may have been the dancing instructor, but then realised he probably doesn't have the ability to change his height or hair type. (or probably not even skin color)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:25 pm 

I was really confused about the burning thing too. I asked my husband (he's read the books) and he explained it to me - they left out the explanation from the show. I don't want to say anything since this is show-only.

Poor planning on the warlock dude's part...of course the mother of dragons is going to get her babies to blow fire at you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:54 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Phoenix wrote:
W. T. F. Zombie horse.

Hee!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:01 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

lobsteriffic wrote:
I was really confused about the burning thing too. I asked my husband (he's read the books) and he explained it to me - they left out the explanation from the show. I don't want to say anything since this is show-only.

Yeah, that was super confusing! Can you put it in a spoiler with big letters that say "THIS IS THE EXPLANATION FOR WHO BURNED DOWN WINTERFELL FROM THE BOOKS?" Cause I would like to know and I don't think that would ruin anything.

Other confusing things:
Why was Stanus back home? And what the fork did he see in the fire? Why can't we see? Was it dragons?
Why doesn't anyone want to cross the narrow sea? Not Arya, not Tyrion, no one. There are plenty of good reasons to! And maybe you'll see dragons!
Why was Jon Snow freed after killing that dude? I kind of got it, but not really. Also, now that I've seen his Wildling girlfriend on Downton Abbey it's really confusing to watch her here. She acts exactly the same! I hope they do it as much as I hoped for Eric & Sookie to do it. And I can't wait for Jon Snow to ride a dragon.
Why wasn't Rob's wedding officiated by dragons?

I loooved when they let Greyjoy give that speech and then conked him out. And I looooove BABY DRAGONS!!!!!

I can't wait for next season.

Oh ETA: one more thing, why does Sansa think she can just do what she wants now that Joffrey has another girl? That was odd. Is she the stupidest or the smartest?

PS Dragons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 am 

Wait, did they just knock Theon out, or did they kill him? I thought he was dead. I want him to be dead!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:22 am 

As requested: THIS IS THE EXPLANATION FOR WHO BURNED DOWN WINTERFELL FROM THE BOOKS

Spoiler: show
Disclaimer: I haven't read the books, but my husband has. I asked him who burned down Winterfell and this is what he told me. So this is second hand. Other people who have read the books please feel free to clarify or whatever if I have something wrong.

So apparently there is this dude named Ramsay Bolton and he's the one who burned Winterfell. So Ramsay is the mustard son of Lard Bolton. I don't think we've met any of the Boltons in the show though.

Anyhoo, Ramsay is a prisoner in Winterfell. After Theon takes over, Ramsay makes some sort of deal to serve Theon in exchange for his release. When the army is coming to reclaim Winterfell from Theon, Ramsay goes and gets his own army from somewhere else to supposedly help fight for Theon. The way I understand it, Ramsay and his army came to Winterfell, killed all of the Northmen, killed Theon and the Iron folk, and then burned down Winterfell.

But like I said, this is all second hand and I haven't read it myself, so please if I have something wrong someone give better info.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:28 am 

Oh, and also I cannot STAND Margaery Tyrell because the actress that is playing her was Anne Boleyn in The Tudors and Anne was so mean to poor queen Katherine. I get ragey every time she is on the screen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:38 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

IsaChandra wrote:
Also, now that I've seen his Wildling girlfriend on Downton Abbey it's really confusing to watch her here.

If you've only just met Gwen, you're in for a real crossover treat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

IsaChandra wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
W. T. F. Zombie horse.

Hee!

If it helps, I pronounce it wuh tuh fuh.
(I'm obviously five and should be watching some animated kids show rather than GoT. But my laundry won't fold itself. Also, Peter Dinklage.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:03 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

lobsteriffic wrote:
As requested: THIS IS THE EXPLANATION FOR WHO BURNED DOWN WINTERFELL FROM THE BOOKS

Spoiler: show
Disclaimer: I haven't read the books, but my husband has. I asked him who burned down Winterfell and this is what he told me. So this is second hand. Other people who have read the books please feel free to clarify or whatever if I have something wrong.

So apparently there is this dude named Ramsay Bolton and he's the one who burned Winterfell. So Ramsay is the mustard son of Lard Bolton. I don't think we've met any of the Boltons in the show though.

Anyhoo, Ramsay is a prisoner in Winterfell. After Theon takes over, Ramsay makes some sort of deal to serve Theon in exchange for his release. When the army is coming to reclaim Winterfell from Theon, Ramsay goes and gets his own army from somewhere else to supposedly help fight for Theon. The way I understand it, Ramsay and his army came to Winterfell, killed all of the Northmen, killed Theon and the Iron folk, and then burned down Winterfell.

But like I said, this is all second hand and I haven't read it myself, so please if I have something wrong someone give better info.

In reply to this spoiler, a non spoiler is: We have met Lard Bolton. he's the one who was talking to Robb telling him not to bother sending men to Winterfell to stop Theon as his mustard is up there and will take care of it for them. That's who that guy is and that's who was leading the army at the gates in show. My guess is that they are pissed at Winterfell because Cat Stark let the Kingslayer go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next