| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Seen any musicals/plays/theatrical performances lately?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:45 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

So glad to hear about Rocky! Seeing it next month and will also be moving onstage for the fight :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:54 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh good!!! I was seriously GIDDY. I've been on Broadway stages but never DURING the performance. I am shocked I didn't pass out. Looking out onto the rest of the audience is THE BEST. So I was in the first seat, AA 104 i think? next to the conductor (like literally sitting right next to him). And they bring you up from the front to back, so onstage you are seated back to front - like since i was the very front/first seat, I was in the back of the bleachers. So if you have a seat further back in the auditorium, you'll be closer once moved onstage. Sorry if that is confusing haha. It was so cool. I have such a crush on Andy Karl. Putting my pics up on facebook now if you want to see (are we friends? pm me if not).

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:34 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Well, you guys, Hedwig was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I've never cried before just because of someone's performance and stage presence, but NPH brought me to tears. Not to mention that I love everything about this show. Origins of Love was just unreal. I feel like I could just die right now and that would be ok. holy shiitake.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:03 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yay I can't wait for Hedwig! I am deliberating whether to buy a ticket or try the lottery.

Finally got my ticket to see Lady Day today (for early May). Get tickets now bc the entire run is selling out fast after all the raves published today. I literally cannot sleep I am so excited for Audra (Tony #6!).

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:57 pm 
Hip Goiter

"The Bridges of Madison County", the best new show of the year but one that couldn't find an audience in this overcrowded season, announced its May 18 closing date today. I have never been so heartbroken from a closing notice. I'm so sad that it wasn't appreciated as it should have been. It's the most gorgeous, romantic score in years with unbelievable lead performances. I just want to cry for them! I hate when things are underappreciated and don't get the respect they deserve. Ugh ugh ugh. If you are going to NYC in the next 2 weeks you MUST try to see it. A show for the ages. Just so so gorgeous. I got a ticket for the final show. I'm going to be a mess.

Here's a small bit of perfect:

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Well, you guys, Hedwig was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I've never cried before just because of someone's performance and stage presence, but NPH brought me to tears. Not to mention that I love everything about this show. Origins of Love was just unreal. I feel like I could just die right now and that would be ok. holy shiitake.

+1 Yummy! I seriously was teary through the whole thing! As soon as he came on the stage I started with happy excited tears and it just wouldn't end! My husband wanted to rock out during the whole thing. It was amazing!

The only shows I got to see this season were Hedwig and If/Then. But I'm really looking forward to catching Book of Mormon and Newsies when they tour threw Philly this summer. If I see Newsies again it will be my 4th time and I will never get enough of it!

Super excited for the Tonys this year!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:17 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

yay! i hope they make a broadway soundtrack!

i finally got to see book of mormon. courtesy of my mom coming to visit. it was so so great. my mom loved it so much, which was awesome. she didn't know before seeing it that trey parker and matt stone were involved, so she was genuinely shocked the first time they said croissant. ha! then at intermission she was like ohhh, it's the southpark guys! shoulda guessed.

we've been listening to the soundtrack a bunch since then. this is probably the only musical where my husband will listen to the soundtrack with me. in fact, he's been listening to it more than i have.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think they just announced that the broadway soundtrack for Hedwig is coming out in July! I think I saw it on facebook.

Oooh yay! Im sure I'll love book of mormon. I'm really glad it's finally touring.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

You guys! I forgot to post in April but I saw The Tempest here in Las Vegas, and it was sooo much fun to see. This is Teller's (of Penn & Teller fame) baby - he directed too - and all of the magic was "real" magic. And Tom Waits wrote the music! Which was just awesome, my favorite part in fact, and I so want to buy the soundtrack if that becomes possible. My husband told me that they were going to take The Tempest on tour after the success they had locally, so I highly recommend it if it comes to your 'hood. (And maybe that means I'll get my soundtrack!)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:52 pm 
Hip Goiter

Holy crepe The Tempest with actual magic sounds amaaaazing!!! Thank you I must see that!

I saw "If/Then" and "After Midnight" this weekend, my final pre-Tonys run. Both were meh. :/ But in happier news this is the best I've ever done in a Bway season!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:12 am 
ugh

Hedwig was the BEST EVER. I'm so, so glad I got to see it. Especially one of the very last NPH performances! The set was really great, particularly the animated sequence for Origins of Love.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:29 am 
Hip Goiter

b.vicious wrote:
Hedwig was the BEST EVER. I'm so, so glad I got to see it. Especially one of the very last NPH performances! The set was really great, particularly the animated sequence for Origins of Love.

OH MY GOD were you there last night??? I was there last night!! It was amazing OMG and Origin of Love was my fave.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Im going to see Finding Neverland in Boston in a few weeks. Look out Jeremy Jordan, Im coming for your cute face!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:37 am 
ugh

RandiJM wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

OH MY GOD were you there last night??? I was there last night!! It was amazing OMG and Origin of Love was my fave.

Ha, yes! Awesome!

GraciaKai wrote:
Im going to see Finding Neverland in Boston in a few weeks. Look out Jeremy Jordan, Im coming for your cute face!

When are you going? I'll be there on the 29th!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Sept 6th. That's a missed PPK outing :o(

I really hope the cast is going to sign autographs afterwards. Do you know if they normally do for these type of show? I've never seen a broadway preview in Boston before.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:08 pm 
ugh

Finding Neverland was pretty good, I was especially impressed with the choreography and set design. Lots of teary-eyed folks towards the end. And GraciaKai, while I didn't get any myself, they were signing autographs!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:59 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yee! I'm so excited! I'm sure I'll be one of the teary eyed people. Which always leads to great pics with the celebs who just made you cry your eyes out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:21 pm 
Hip Goiter

I saw Pippin again tonight because it's Andrea Martin's first show back since last summer. Oh my gerrrrrd this show is so f-ing good and haunting I just adore it. And Andrea! Goddess!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ya'll, Finding Neverland! OMG, it was so amazing. I can't wait for it to be on broadway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:34 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I watched Ghost a couple of weeks ago. It was sad and funny and really good. But I went home really emotional... I wasn't expecting the wealth of emotions after the show.