| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

ndpittman wrote:
It's funny, because I thought I liked her outfit, then she stood up and I was like, Girl! Where are your pants!

Has she worn pants at all this season? The only time I remember her in something other than "hot pants" or something barely there, was the dress she wore Monday during her duet with Chris, and it was a bit tight.

bluedawg wrote:
the only person i really liked in that group was tony, and i actually wanted him to win just because of how extremely rude christina had been to him lately. she needs to settle the eff down.

I was wondering if that's why Tony got more votes than Chris this time to make it into 3rd, the previous week he had some of the lowest scores from voters. Then again I'm a Chris fan, sad he got 4th.

I didn't actually get to watch, cheated and checked winner at 8pm my time, I had to be at work at 4am today

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

As much as I haven't like Christina's comments to Tony throughout the season I think she was dead right about his song choice's lyrical content. It is misogynistic.
That being said I might take her a little more seriously if she wore pants.

I agree with Jackson 5 as best part of finale show. I am fine with Jermaine winning he does deserve it but Juliet was my first choice.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:14 pm 
Saggy Butt

Wow, now I understand what Chris Mann meant about wanting to sing what he wanted, not what others wanted. I know a lot of the contestants had small recording careers before trying The Voice, but I didn't go looking for anyone's early stuff before. Here's a video of him singing Heartless from a few years ago. Sounds so different. Makes me wonder how far he'd have gone singing like this instead of opera.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i would have liked him better, i can say that much. ;)

in this style, his voice reminds me of gregory douglass.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:19 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Billie Joe Armstrong joins The Voice

I'm excited. I'd like it more if he were a judge, but I'll take this for now. And at least Cee Lo's still there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 pm 

So Christina and CeeLo are out for the spring 2013 season, and are being replaced by Usher and Shakira. Blah. Source

I'm so bored with this season so far. There have been some good singers, but I can't see myself getting excited about any of them in the long run, and not just because this isn't the type of thing I normally listen to. Plus, it'd be nice to get through more singers each night, or at least show full auditions of those who make teams.

Also, audience, I get that you get excited about some of these performances but shut the fork up so I can hear it too. I'm not watching to listen to audience screams.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:36 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

gaia13 wrote:
So Christina and CeeLo are out for the spring 2013 season, and are being replaced by Usher and Shakira. Blah. Source

Well, that's when I'll stop watching. The thing I like the most about this show is the rapport that the judges have with each other. It's really refreshing, because it all seems very honest - like the four of them are just buddies hanging out, ragging on each other like regular people. It doesn't feel scripted or forced. Replacing half of the group will almost certainly kill that vibe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

I'm not a CeeLo fan, but I don't particularly care for Usher (maybe I'm afraid he'll find another Bieber), and though I like her singing I don't know yet if Shakira will have a sense of humor like the rest. I'll probably still watch, but flip stations a lot. I still like Adam and Blake. Who's going to go pants-less with Xtina gone?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

the article i read said that both christina and ceelo would be back for the next round, not sure if that will end up being true or not.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:21 pm 

bluedawg wrote:
the article i read said that both christina and ceelo would be back for the next round, not sure if that will end up being true or not.

Yeah, a different article I read said that they'd both be gone for the spring season, but back for next fall's season.

Out of curiosity, if you guys were to pick judges, who'd you like to see? I have a couple of people who I think would be good, although I'm fairly certain it'd never happen, and I also think the mentors this season could be good as judges(but have no idea what they'd be like interacting with each other), if NBC decided to start with a clean slate one season.

Liz_D wrote:
Who's going to go pants-less with Xtina gone?!

Shakira always seems to be scantily clad in pictures I've seen. Or Adam. That would make for some interesting television.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I had to work late, and came in to this episode just before CeeLo's battle round. What's this thing with the other coaches being able to steal the one not picked?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Nevermind - I'm watching it on Hulu now. I find it... amusing? sad? idiotic?... that they censored out "Daddy's got a new .45" from "Santeria".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:14 pm 

zelavie wrote:
Nevermind - I'm watching it on Hulu now. I find it... amusing? sad? idiotic?... that they censored out "Daddy's got a new .45" from "Santeria".

Yeah, that seemed weird to me. And I've heard that lyric on tv before. It sorta seemed like they bleeped part of Colin at the beginning as well, but I can't figure out what he could have said that was bad.

Diego. Someone needs to explain his appeal to me because I just don't get it. I didn't like his blind audition, didn't like him last night, and yet he was saved. He just comes off smarmy to me and his voice isn't all that, imo.

Also, it seems like Domo is going up against BamBam(can't think of his real name) tonight. Should be entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 pm 
Dead by dawn

gaia13 wrote:
zelavie wrote:

Yeah, that seemed weird to me. And I've heard that lyric on tv before. It sorta seemed like they bleeped part of Colin at the beginning as well, but I can't figure out what he could have said that was bad.

It was the part that says "I'd pop a cap in sancho..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

The other bleep was the "pop" in "I'd pop a cap in Sancho".

I thought Diego looked like an incredible douche, and his voice sounded weak to me. I'm surprised he was chosen.

That last battle on Monday was pretty excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:53 am 

zelavie wrote:
The other bleep was the "pop" in "I'd pop a cap in Sancho".

Still weird, imo.

So this show really needs to work out its timing issues. Did we really need to spend 30 min on the last battle last night, with 2 10 second clips of people who won other battles. I personally would have preferred to see the other two battles in full, and had less time on the behind-the-scenes stuff, and less recaping what happened right before the break.

I will say that I've agreed with all the choices thus far, except for Diego. I'm glad that both Amanda and Kaitlin(sp?) were stolen, though, because I thought both of them gave great performances.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 pm 
Saggy Butt

I also didn't like that they didn't show all the battles, it's like they only showed the good ones, and not the ones that were just ok.

Was surprised CeLo picked Cody and not Domo. I agreed with his choice, though. The only one I didn't agree with this week was Christina picking De'borah instead of Nelly's Echo. I guess I just liked his voice more.

And I liked Diego better than JR on that song. I just hate his hair.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:54 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I feel like when they blow through battles like those, it's a dead giveaway that those particular contestants won't be going any further. Still, I'm with you guys. I'd rather see all of the battles, even if it means reducing the "behind the scenes" bits somewhat.

I think CeeLo picked Cody over Domo mostly because she seemed pretty dang high maintenance! Also, when he was talking to Cody - did you notice that the chairs spelled out "CeeLo"?

I LOVE De'borah, but I was really surprised that Nelly's Echo wasn't stolen. He has an excellent voice and a cool story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I was so glad CeeLo didn't pick Domo. I somehow missed the blind audition episode she was on, but she was flat out obnoxious last night. The whole "I'm too good a dance for the genre of music I sing too well" made me want to barf.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 am 

DEG wrote:
I was so glad CeeLo didn't pick Domo. I somehow missed the blind audition episode she was on, but she was flat out obnoxious last night. The whole "I'm too good a dance for the genre of music I sing too well" made me want to barf.

Actually, compared to her blind audition, she was rather calm and reserved.

Sorta Voice related, CeeLo's hosting an Xmas special with 20 of his past team members. I normally don't watch the musical holiday specials, but I think I'll make an exception for this one. It's bound to be crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 pm 

So I watched the playoffs last night instead of this. Any must-see battles(good or bad) that I should look up on Youtube later?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Watching last night's episode now. I have a strong irrational dislike for the redhead from Christina's team. You're 16 and going by just your first name, your voice would have been unique 3 years ago, and you have a disgusting air of superiority. Get off my TV.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:59 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

zelavie wrote:
Watching last night's episode now. I have a strong irrational dislike for the redhead from Christina's team. You're 16 and going by just your first name, your voice would have been unique 3 years ago, and you have a disgusting air of superiority. Get off my TV.

I felt the exact same way. Except that I don't think the dislike is irrational at all. I think you have laid out a cogent argument for disliking her, and you didn't even include how poorly she performed the song. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

That redhead was super annoying and conceded. Glad she is gone. Does she think she is Tori Amos? Get the fork outta here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So annoying that they cut/don't show all of some of the battles! Doesn't make any sense.. cut out just a bit from all of the other background stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next