| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Jesus, the show hasn't even been on 5 min and Carson has mentioned the heat/ac 3 times already. Shut up!

ETA: I'm really surprised this Robin Thicke/Pharell/TI song made it past the network sensors, especially since this is sort of a "family-friendly" show.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ugh, Josiah.

<3 Michelle

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:22 pm 

Shakira and Usher are both scheduled to be back as judges next spring, according to EW. I've really liked them, so this makes me happy. It's also better than the rumor I had heard earlier, which was all 6 would be back this fall. I can't even fathom that trainwreck.

Source

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

gaia13 wrote:

Whoa, Adam looks really creepy in that botton pic.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The most disappointing line in that article: "In addition, Carson Daly will return as host for both cycles."

He just gets more douchey and insufferable with every episode. And I can't even with his fake excitement while watching the blind auditions with the families.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:23 pm 

Song choices/order for tonight. Still going with mostly shitty songs, I see. Also, songs are apparently already up on iTunes but I can't get it to load to verify.

Spoiler: show
1. Sasha Allen - Next too me by Emeli Sande
2. Josiah - Clocks by Coldplay
3. Amber Carrington - Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
4. Kris Thomas - Adorn by Miguel
5. Danielle Bradbery - Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina
6. Sarah Simmons - Mama Knows Best by Jesse J
7. Swon Brothers - How Country Feels by Randy Houser
8. Holly Tucker How great thou art by Traditional
9. Michelle Chamuel Just give me a reason by Pink
10. Judith Hill The way you make me feel by Michael Jackson

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:37 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

zelavie wrote:
The most disappointing line in that article: "In addition, Carson Daly will return as host for both cycles."

He just gets more douchey and insufferable with every episode. And I can't even with his fake excitement while watching the blind auditions with the families.

I feel like he is really weirdly intimate with the women after they perform or get saved. He either goes in for a cheek kiss (and they all seem surprised by it) or does a one-arm hug with, like, a hair kiss or nuzzle. I would not want Carson Daly up in my grill like that!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:26 pm 
Dead by dawn

j-dub wrote:
I would not want Carson Daly up in my grill like that!

Adam, on the other hand...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I just want Josiah to go. He gives me bad feelings!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:28 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I just watched Monday's episode, and it kinda seemed like Usher accidentally got Blake's cup. He definitely wasn't with it.

I don't like Sarah. Her whole look/sound/story seems really contrived to me. I'm not sure why, but there it is.

Judith is my favorite, but I think the win will end up going to one of the country singers.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
I think the win will end up going to one of the country singers.

I hope not! ..but yeah, possibly Danielle. I do hope Judith or Michelle! Shakira seems pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:01 pm 

Song choices. They need an audience picked songs week.
Spoiler: show
1. Sasha Allen - Without You by David Guetta feat. Usher
2. Michelle Chamuel - Grenade by Bruno Mars
3. Sarah Simmons - Somebody I Used to Know by Gotye
4. Swon Brothers - Seven Bridges Roads by The Eagles
5. Holly Tucker - Done by The Band Perry
6. Danielle Bradbery - Grandpa (Tell Me About The Good Old Days) by The Judds
7. Judith Hill - #ThatPower by Will.i.am
8. Amber Carrington - Skyfall by Adele

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 am 

<3 Michelle.

Can someone explain Sarah to me. I loved her audition, but IMO she has been going downhill each week. Has there ever been another contestant who has gone backwards this much? Clearly I'm alone in dislike, though, since I thought she was a hot mess last night but a quick glance at iTunes shows her charting in the middle of the pack.

Based on current iTunes charting(at 9 am est) it looks like Judith and Sasha may be in trouble tonight. I know iTunes isn't everything but it has been fairly accurate since the teams went to 3 each.

Also, did they really do group sings on performance night in the past? I thought that was just an elimination night thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wow, can't believe Judith left! Granted, she never really accomplished what she did during the auditions/earlier rounds imo, but still pretty surprising. Hmph. So many country fans.

I thought Sarah and Danielle's duo was the absolute worst. This has been my least favorite season. :/

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:11 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

It's crazy that half of the contestants remaining are on team Blake. I mean, I guess with the number of singing competition shows that are around, and considering how long they've been on, there was bound to be a season that was dominated by country. Those fans are pretty serious. I'm a bit surprised it took this long.

I'm not AT ALL a country fan, but I do get it. I'll be surprised if one of the non-country artists wins. I absolutely cannot believe that Judith is out!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am 

So I guess I'm the only one not surprised Judith went home. For me, she had a good voice, but I never connected with her performances. There was never any anticipation of "I wonder what Judith is going to do this week", and she was always at/near the bottom of the iTunes charts.

I also figured out what I don't like about Sasha- she always looks so damn serious when she's performing and if she'd just relax a bit(like she did near the end of her song this week), I may enjoy her performances more.

I'm so over Country Voice, though. Wasn't there a strictly country singing comp a few years ago? I'll be glad when CeeLo is back next season.

On a positive note, did you guys see the Usher/Blake duet from the telethon last night? Those 2 sound really good together, and I kinda want to hear more(never thought I'd say that about Blake).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:56 pm 

I feel I should preface this by saying that I was a fan of Cassadee's before Blake countrified her,but she sounded awful last night. Also, I wish we could have gotten rid of 2 instead of 1.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Seriously. Not everything needs to be made country. This includes (1) Sasha Allen and (2) Skid Rowe!!!! I was so mad at Adam for turning an awesome 80s power ballad into freaking country. Not right.

I am glad one of Blake's went home. I feel like everyone who's anti-country is probably voting for Michelle & Sasha at this point, so maybe they still have a chance. I don't love Sasha, but she killed it with that Aretha song this week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:16 pm 

Yeah, after Amber screwed up the lyrics and I realized they turned it country, I stopped listening. Apparently Carrie Underwood has covered Skid Row a bunch, though, but I'm sort of afraid to listen to it.

In happier news, since I always seem to be bisqueing in this thread, Terry has 2 singles out now and I love them. I'm so happy he's stayed who he was on the show.

In Your Eyes
Pictures
Pictures-Acoustic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:37 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

gaia13 wrote:
I feel I should preface this by saying that I was a fan of Cassadee's before Blake countrified her,but she sounded awful last night. Also, I wish we could have gotten rid of 2 instead of 1.

I wasn't a fan of Cassadee's, and she was awful. Yes on 2 leaving too!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 am 

As of 10 am est, here are the iTunes rankings. Frankly, I'm slightly surprised.

#2 Swon Bros - Danny's Song
#4 Danielle - Who I Am
#6 Danielle - Please Remember Me
#8 Swon Bros - Turn The Page
#9 Amber - Sad
#12 Michelle - Time After Time
#24 Michelle - Clarity
#48 Sasha - I Will Always Love You
#83 Amber- Firework

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:41 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm guessing top 3 will be Danielle, the Swon Brothers, and Michelle (even before I saw the iTunes rankings). I think Danielle is most likely to win.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:39 pm 

I'm slightly worried Michelle may be going home since Amber gets the x10 multiplier for her Sad votes, even though her other song didn't chart well at all. And apparently there was an iTunes problem again, where Sasha's Bad Girls says it isn't available. So who knows what's going to happen tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:57 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I don't believe in this show anymore. Team Blake needs to just get record deals on their own time. Sasha deserved a lot more, and so did Amber. At least Michelle is still in, but I too think that Danielle is sure to win. She's Taylor Swift minus the bad break-up songs.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Yeah, I'm kind of over this show. And since Christina is going to be back next season, I won't be watching.

Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next