| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ok so a lot of the people tonight weren't actually good at all? What?

If Blake says "If someone else didn't push their button, I would have had to" again, I'm gonna flip out.

Adam Levine seems like such a douche.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:03 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

That girl that went last BUTCHERED "Rolling in the Deep." You cannot sing that song if you don't have soul. It was so bad. I can't believe Adam picked her.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:07 am 
Saggy Butt

yeah she didnt even know the words??

i really wish he's have turned around for the other girl. i cant remember her name.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 am 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, I wasn't as impressed by last night's auditions. Did AL have to pick that last girl because there was just no one left?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:20 am 
Saggy Butt

they made it look that way but it seemed kind of staged.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I thought it was super douchey that Blake was all, "Nobody can sing my songs or my fiancee's songs except us because we're awesome." Not that any of the people that tried were that great, but still. Don't be an asparagus.

And, yeah, that girl butchered "Rolling in the Deep." Terrible! My boo Vicci killed it last week, though.

I'm excited for next week!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:37 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I did a lot of cringing on tonight's episode. I didn't understand some of the picks at all. I am kind of glad that they're not just bringing in horrible singers to humiliate them, though. I didn't think anyone was "The worst singer in the universe!" there were just a lot of people who weren't great.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah the first episode had some actually impressive people who I could see garnering interest for an actual record deal. Last night, especially towards the end, I was like...that's what I sound like when I just wake up, but worse. Really really strange! And I really didn't like the guy who said Forget You. I thought he was hard to listen to and actually muted it halfway through.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I was not into last night's people either...I thought the first episode was incredible, and last night I felt like I was at kareoke night. Still gonna keep watching though..

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:22 pm 
Inflexitarian

Is anyone else disturbed by the girls singing songs by Blake Shelton's fiance?
I wonder if they weren't given songs to do, so it was more staged...seemed somewhat forced toward certain coaches.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:35 pm 
Hip Goiter

I am pretty sure, at least in the auditions, it was somewhat forced: According to Frenchie Davis's interview, they were given a short list of acceptable audition songs. I was sooo confused as to why on earth she would sing "I Kissed a Girl", and it seems the only reason was that she had to. See:

Quote:
“I Kissed a Girl” isn’t really a singer’s song, so it was a surprise to hear it from you.
I was freaking out about the song selection because we were given a list of songs to choose from, and by the time I had gotten the list, “I Kissed a Girl” was the only girl’s song left that hadn’t been selected by the other girls that were auditioning. I just kept thinking this is something that’s completely out of my box and totally unexpected, but if I can nail this song, then it’ll just even further prove that I’m a good singer, because I would think that The Voice should be able to sing anything, even songs that aren’t in their particular genre.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/05/the-v ... hie-davis/

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

1strangegirlbygolly! wrote:
gaia13 wrote:
1strangegirlbygolly! wrote:
However I will be happy about certain deserving people like Lukas Rossi getting another shot in life as far as singing goes, can't wait for his episode.

For reals? How did I not know about this. Guess I'll be season passing on this when I get home.

Yeah, exciting, isn't it? Not sure exactly where I heard that Lukas Rossi is going to be on, but I did hear it somewhere.

So bummed they never showed him, and apparently were just using him in the commercials to draw people in. Not exactly sure who they were drawing in, though since I wouldn't have pegged him as well-known enough for random people to recognize him and want to watch, but whatever. There are a lot of things tv execs do that don't make much sense to me.

Last weeks ep was painful. I think it was muted more than not. Don't know how I feel about these dual singers this week, either, especially since in the one clip I saw, the two signers sounded horrible together.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

how much carson daly will i be forced to tolerate if i start watching this show?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:10 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh man, this Frenchie/Tara Lynn "Single Ladies" is hella hard to listen to. Yikes!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ahh I'm so upset about Tyler! He was my favorite. Bad decision Blake.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:43 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

So I was REALLY feeling this show after the 1st episode...then the 2nd episode made me a little less excited....and now tonight I am even less excited about it. I don't know what's happening, but it's losing its appeal for me. I don't know how I feel about this battling. I'll still keep watching though..

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:58 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

RandiJM wrote:
Ahh I'm so upset about Tyler! He was my favorite. Bad decision Blake.

This. Really bad decision. Fortunately the other coaches seemed to pick well so too bad for Blake's team.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:32 am 
WELFARIST!

WhiskersGal wrote:
So I was REALLY feeling this show after the 1st episode...then the 2nd episode made me a little less excited....and now tonight I am even less excited about it. I don't know what's happening, but it's losing its appeal for me. I don't know how I feel about this battling. I'll still keep watching though..

This is how I feel. The first episode was so promising then nosedived.

Also, with the Leather and Lace elimination, they picked a girl with, I think, a very generic voice over the dude she was singing with (I think his name was Jim) who had this pretty rare (to my ear) voice and they picked her generic voice that I've heard a thousand times (like good karoke, but still...karoke) over the rarity. Cee Lo was right on target when he said he'd go with the unusual voice in a circumstance but no, that's not who gets picked. Blargh.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The young Leather & Lace girl was the only one that really caught my attention last week, and she bored me this week. Overall, the show did and I ended up half-watching and catching up on my email.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:04 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yay Vicci! Bad call on Tyler. And I didn't think Frenchie was that great, either.

This show is weird. You know what I think I would enjoy? A show where you just hear awesome, undiscovered people sing one song really well. Sort of like the first episode of this, but over and over. No competition. Just a showcase. Somebody make that show for me, okay? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:29 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ooh that's a great idea!!! Then it's up to people who may be watching to get them signed somewhere, totally just a showcase! Loveee it

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm gritting my teeth through the carson daly parts and giving this show a shot. i've watched last week's and this week's, and they're not always picking the person i like best, so... meh.

sia looks delighted by all things at all times, and she's cracking me up.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bluedawg wrote:
sia looks delighted by all things at all times, and she's cracking me up.

Agree! Otherwise, bah. It had such potential...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

yeah, this show lost me. I've tried to watch the past couple weeks, maybe the live shows will improve? it just tries to be so slick in non-enjoyable ways.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

as a rule, i kind of hate shows that constantly preview what you're going to see right after the commercial break. it feels so over-produced to me, and I'M ALREADY WATCHING,so stop telling me what i'm about to see in 5 seconds once i fast-forward through the commercials. so yeah, a little too slick and trying to be more than it is. i like the singing parts, especially because i missed the audition rounds so everyone is new to me, but... not sure how long i'll stick with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next