| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Luka Magnotta
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Anyone care to discuss this? Seen the video? Looks like Interpol is all over it.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01 ... to-canada/

This dude started with animals, then went to humans. I think there is a pattern here.

Post subject: Re: Luka Magnotta
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:13 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

He posted on poker forums. Confirmed same guy. So creepy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 pm 
WELFARIST!

I read about this. I don't know what to say other than it creeps me the hell out big time.

Edit: I remember reading about him about a year ago.

Quote:
Magnotta had previously attracted international outrage as the suspect behind an online video showing kittens being stuffed into a plastic bag and suffocated with the aid of a vacuum cleaner.

I had seen that video, unfortunately, and I remember that the police were looking for him even then. There was even a Facebook page set up where people were looking for him.

Last edited by Mr. Shankly on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:59 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I think it's a pretty good incentive to strengthen animal cruelty legislation and prioritize enforcing those laws.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yeah, there is a reasoon to be scared, France (I think that's where they said he went) Canada is safe from this crasshole now, but Europe sure ain't! Average age a serial killer performs their first kill: 29. Age Magnotta is now: 29. This is just sad....plus, there is a connection to sex torturer and killer Karla Homolka and I just can't believe these caliber of people are walking the sreets and interacting in amongst themselves. Total psychos. He is said to have dated Homolka upon her release from prison....::vomit:: I hope he is caught soon. He has a whole blog about how to disappear and not be found. Oh, and I will not be seeing the video. I hear it is real, and way too horrible....that would, I think, haunt a person after watching something like that,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:01 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

This whole story has been really disturbing me, even just from reading the details. I saw a video of him being interviewed by a Toronto news station in 2007, he was talking about how the "rumours" of him dating Karla Homolka were ruining his modeling career. He was totally dead-eyed and vacant in the interview and it was chilling.
Also, there is a video on The Globe and Mail of a tour of his apartment...it's full of blood stains, even in his fridge, and in the garbage dump outside his apartment is his mattress which is totally soaked in blood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:49 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

The whole thing is very disturbing. It hits really close to home as the hand/foot were mailed to offices in Ottawa. Even though I'm a prison abolitionist, society needs protection from this dude.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Has anyone else seen the video? I watched it. Well, the majority of it. It's about 10 minutes long. I skipped through a few parts because it was too much. And this is coming from a Faces/Traces of Death junkie. I read the comments before I watched it, so I was a little prepared. On a side note, the video begins with the New Order song "Tough Love". Sick forker.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

fork no and I have no desire to watch it. God damn, the kid was already brutally murdered, raped, and cannibalized; the least we can do is not be an audience for the sick guy who did it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Crust wrote:
Has anyone else seen the video? I watched it. Well, the majority of it. It's about 10 minutes long. I skipped through a few parts because it was too much. And this is coming from a Faces/Traces of Death junkie. I read the comments before I watched it, so I was a little prepared. On a side note, the video begins with the New Order song "Tough Love". Sick forker.

What are the faces?traces of Death/ I could google, but I fear I might not want to see what comes up...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faces_of_Death

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

This is the first I've heard of this guy, but things like this remind me of some of the sick stuff floating around online. I'm glad most of the articles I've read haven't linked to the snuff film. I have no desire to watch it. It's best not to stroke his ego by letting the video get even more hits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:57 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Just heard on the news that Magnotta was arrested in Germany!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:09 am 
WELFARIST!

Thank God! I'm leaving for Amsterdam in two days and was kind of nervous. I guess I should have been nervous most of my life since he was in Canada for much of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

They caught him in an internet cafe. He was probably reading news articles about himself or crafting more ways to drum up interest in the snuff video. They think he's been going around and commenting on articles about the murder. I thought this article on the National Post provides a good, albeit anecdotal, summary of what we know of this totally sick fork: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01 ... d-himself/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Has anyone else noticed that he looks a lot like British actor Nicholas Hoult?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:49 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

fork yeah!

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/04/lu ... -in-berlin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:56 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Mr. Shankly wrote:
fork no and I have no desire to watch it. God damn, the kid was already brutally murdered, raped, and cannibalized; the least we can do is not be an audience for the sick guy who did it.

I see your point, but when I watched it, it hadn't been proven to be real yet. Also, I just have a thing for gore and horror type stuff. I can watch just about anything aside from animal abuse. Like, I have no desire to watch the videos of what he did to the kittens. Nor do I have any need to see Earthlings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I won't watch the video.....I'd be no better than folks who went to public executions for fun.

Did anyone hear about the hand and foot mailed to Vancouver ELEMENTARY schools?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/05 ... ls-police/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:49 am 
Chip Strong

Rowan wrote:
I won't watch the video.....I'd be no better than folks who went to public executions for fun.

Did anyone hear about the hand and foot mailed to Vancouver ELEMENTARY schools?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/05 ... ls-police/

It just keeps on getting worse.

I know someone whose children go to one of those schools in Vancouver. She had to explain to her 5 & 8 year old what happened today and try to make some sense out of the senseless and terrible.

As for the video, participating in the exploitation of this man's death by watching it is not something I'll be doing. Lin Jun was an innocent victim of an awful crime. His last moments were of violence, pain and terror. He was someone's son, friend, brother. And now his violent death and violation is available on the internet (forever?) for strangers' morbid curiosity, shock and entertainment. I can't even begin to imagine what Lin Jun's family are feeling.

The whole thing makes me so sad.