| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone know a good vegan podcast?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:09 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it (still kind of a noob).

Does anyone know any good foodie/vegan/vegan politics etc. podcasts? I love listening to podcasts at work (i do software stuff so no one really minds/knows what i'm doing at any given moment).

Bonus points if it's free/streaming!

Also, if YOU are looking for good podcasts check out http://libwww.freelibrary.org/podcast/ - it's a library in philly that posts all of their "author event series" online for free. It's awesome, they have a wide range of topics and lots of well known authors.

Thanks!

"It's very dear to me, the issue of GAY MARRIAGE. Or, as I like to call it: 'MARRIAGE.' You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch. I parked my car; I didn't gay park it." -Liz Feldman

Post subject: Re: Anyone know a good vegan podcast?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The only vegan-ish podcast I listen to right now is the Cosmopolitan Hour, hosted by our own Jordanpattern and Erika Soyf*cker. It's hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:31 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Our Hen House has a great one!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:15 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

http://theveganpolice.libsyn.com/
Looks like they haven't been keeping up though :( last podcast was from Februaury, bummer.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I used to love Vegan Freak, but they stopped making episdoes. Still, I think the old ones are up and it's a pretty funny, high quality podcast. Though, I think quite a few PPKers aren't particularly fond of the hosts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

As mentioned Our Hen House is a great one
As is Animal Voices
The Vegan Police is a favorite of mine
There is also Citizen Radio with awesome vegan host Jamie Kilstien
another podcast with a vegan host is Righteous Indignation though it doesnt often deal directly with veganism, mainly science, skepticism and the paranormal but its one of my favorites
Another great science and skepticism podcast with a vegan host is For Good Reason and Point of Inquiry
there are some past episodes with interviews with Peter Singer

Last edited by SkepticalVegan on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:43 pm 

you guys are the best!!!

"It's very dear to me, the issue of GAY MARRIAGE. Or, as I like to call it: 'MARRIAGE.' You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch. I parked my car; I didn't gay park it." -Liz Feldman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

nickvicious wrote:
I used to love Vegan Freak, but they stopped making episdoes. Still, I think the old ones are up and it's a pretty funny, high quality podcast. Though, I think quite a few PPKers aren't particularly fond of the hosts.

I found some of the episodes entertaining and filled with compassionate and practical advice. I found the episodes where they played Beavis and Butthead to Francione's Anti-Peter Singer rants beyond irritating.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:51 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

SkepticalVegan wrote:
Another great science and skepticism podcast with a vegan host is For Good Reason and Point of Inquiry
there are some past episodes with interviews with Peter Singer

I haven't heard For Good Reason, but I can second the vote for Point of Inquiry, or at least, those Singer episodes. The show has rotating hosts and a variety of topics, so it can be hit or miss.

(I am a vegan host of a podcast, but it's not a vegan podcast and the co-host is very much a meat eater. However, we've had vegan guests and talked at length about veganism. If you're interested in specific episodes, just drop me a line and I'll provide suggestions.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:32 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

RIP Naked Vaygun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:14 am 

Love the our hen house podcast, good call!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:27 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

SkepticalVegan wrote:
Another great science and skepticism podcast with a vegan host is For Good Reason and Point of Inquiry there are some past episodes with interviews with Peter Singer

First of all, I’m a fan of you blog and I admiringly covet your avatar/logo of veganism as candle in the dark every time I see it.

Regarding DJ Grothe’s vegan status:

DJ Grothe said (21m:40s):
Quote:
You know, what we’re talking about right now, really brilliant people admitting they’re inconsistent in their ethics; it doesn’t really make me optimistic. Let me ask you why you think it’s so hard to adopt the kind of naturalistic ethics that you espouse. Even if you’ re a thorough going naturalist it doesn’t follow that you’re going to be a vegetarian or something.

For example, my spouse, the first time he heard your arguments for vegetarianism, he simply stopped eating animals; became a vegan. This was years ago. It’s not like he wrestled with it – had big philosophical arguments – he was persuaded and it was a done deal. But I couldn’t exactly say that I’ve been consistent about it. I’m more in the Richard Dawkins’ camp and maybe I should be ashamed, but I’ve had a good steak now and then.
Source: Point of Inquiry - November 14, 2008, Peter Singer – Animal Liberation

Of course that was three years ago and I’m not trying to bash DJ Grothe or be the vegan police. With a vegan partner and a truly honest and rational inquiry on the subject, he’s been very sympathetic towards vegan values and that’s great. There’s nothing worse than otherwise intelligent people spouting the typical sophistries in pathetic attempts to reject veganism. Certainly that’s not the case with Grothe though.

But, I’m just being cautious with labeling influential people vegan without better evidence. I get the impression that you met Grothe in person at The Amazing Meeting, but without a more public source of Grothe proclaiming his vegan status, I’m hesitant to have him endorsed as vegan at least until I hear if from him (not that all facets are resolved at this point either as there are plenty of self-proclaimed vegan celebrities who fall short of the basics). When I do a Google search for “DJ Grothe vegan” your blog comes up amoung other hits, but unfortunately that doesn’t count for much. A link with a direct quote from Grothe in some form would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any input on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

How has no one said Compassionate Cooks yet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:13 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Citizen Ritson wrote:
SkepticalVegan wrote:
Another great science and skepticism podcast with a vegan host is For Good Reason and Point of Inquiry there are some past episodes with interviews with Peter Singer

First of all, I’m a fan of you blog and I admiringly covet your avatar/logo of veganism as candle in the dark every time I see it.

Regarding DJ Grothe’s vegan status:

DJ Grothe said (21m:40s):
Quote:
You know, what we’re talking about right now, really brilliant people admitting they’re inconsistent in their ethics; it doesn’t really make me optimistic. Let me ask you why you think it’s so hard to adopt the kind of naturalistic ethics that you espouse. Even if you’ re a thorough going naturalist it doesn’t follow that you’re going to be a vegetarian or something.

For example, my spouse, the first time he heard your arguments for vegetarianism, he simply stopped eating animals; became a vegan. This was years ago. It’s not like he wrestled with it – had big philosophical arguments – he was persuaded and it was a done deal. But I couldn’t exactly say that I’ve been consistent about it. I’m more in the Richard Dawkins’ camp and maybe I should be ashamed, but I’ve had a good steak now and then.
Source: Point of Inquiry - November 14, 2008, Peter Singer – Animal Liberation

Of course that was three years ago and I’m not trying to bash DJ Grothe or be the vegan police. With a vegan partner and a truly honest and rational inquiry on the subject, he’s been very sympathetic towards vegan values and that’s great. There’s nothing worse than otherwise intelligent people spouting the typical sophistries in pathetic attempts to reject veganism. Certainly that’s not the case with Grothe though.

But, I’m just being cautious with labeling influential people vegan without better evidence. I get the impression that you met Grothe in person at The Amazing Meeting, but without a more public source of Grothe proclaiming his vegan status, I’m hesitant to have him endorsed as vegan at least until I hear if from him (not that all facets are resolved at this point either as there are plenty of self-proclaimed vegan celebrities who fall short of the basics). When I do a Google search for “DJ Grothe vegan” your blog comes up amoung other hits, but unfortunately that doesn’t count for much. A link with a direct quote from Grothe in some form would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any input on the matter.

Ive actually had a drink with DJ and spoke with him on other occasions (he is super nice!) more recently than that interview. He informed me that he is now vegan. He hasn't corrected me on it either and he was aware of my posts on TAM. You are welcome to facebook or tweet him and ask, would be interested if u heard different. As I said he is super nice and he would probably be glad to answer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:05 pm 

Momo and Jamie (?) - I love you.

"POSI JUMP HURTS MY TITS" - Isa.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

SkepticalVegan wrote:
Ive actually had a drink with DJ and spoke with him on other occasions (he is super nice!) more recently than that interview. He informed me that he is now vegan.
Thanks SkepticalVegan. I figured that was the case, and I’ll take your word for it.

I’d prefer if Grothe was a little more public about his veganism. Not that he’s hiding it, just that it’s not really recorded anywhere that would provide influence to his base that really needs positive exposure to veganism and human/animal ethics.

I guess I can’t personally complain too much, since I’m not much of an out vegan myself. But I’m not nearly as outspoken about my views (I mean outside the Internet) nor as influential as Grothe. I’m sure Grothe will mention it in a public venue (print, audio, video) at some point.

Asking him on Facebook isn’t really what I had in mind nor am I seeking a mere yes or no answer to the question, “Are you vegan?” I care less that he may or may not be a perfect vegan and more on his thoughts on the matter. I’ll just have to be patient.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:49 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Since I derailed eatmonaeat’s thread, with my friendly interrogation of SkepticalVegan (thanks again!), I’ll drop in some content related to the original posted question. I’m a podcast junkie after all. I’m going to run long with this post, but I like descriptions, and no one has to read all of it, just skip to whatever catches your eye. In no particular order:

Animal Voices
I’m not even much of an “animal person” type vegan, but this show has been so informative to me over the years and is still strong. Sometimes there will be a topic where I’ll procrastinate listening to out of disinterest, and just be blown away when I finally get around to pressing play. Since they are a Canadian based radio show, the output is consistent and typically has a news roundup, maybe some vegan hip-hop nowadays, followed by an interview where they ask great questions. Search through their achieves and it’s a who’s-who in vegan affairs as they’ve interviewed nearly everyone you can think of.

Vegetarian Food For Thought (AKA Compassionate Cooks)
Don’t let the name fool you, it’s a vegan podcast. Hosted by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, this is another very influencial podcast for me. The early back episodes are highly recommended and are very well rounded for a general audience of non-vegans to new vegans to long-time vegans. If I had to recommend one podcast for a general audience for delivering basic information in a nonthreatening way to, it would be this one. Colleen covers a wide range of topics from environment, health, cooking, philosophy, while sticking to facts, not getting too heady nor venturing into overstated or unsubstantiated claims that sometime creep into vegan advocacy (health claims in particular). The podcast format is just Colleen, who has researched a topic and presents it in audio essay format, but not in a way that sounds rote or dull. A few gems are when she reads a short story that is relevant to a vegan perspective. Her broadcasting output has gone down in the past year, but she’s already covered a lot of the core material.

Vegan Freaks (Link isn’t working as I write this)
I miss this podcast greatly. It was hosted by wife and husband team Jenna and Bob Torres. It was the first podcast that I ever listened to. I thought, “Well, I guess I should get a little more informed about this vegan thing I’m doing, what are these podcast things all about?” Vegan Freaks is no longer active, but it’s still worthwhile to go through their back catalogs. The format is a variety show of guests, interviews, news blurbs, listener letters, and good old fashioned epic rants replete with punchy audio segues and sound effects; while never losing that DIY feel. I don’t mind that the podast came to an end, Bob always had a take-it or leave-it vibe with the whole endeavor, but I wish they at least offered some closure in a blog post or something. They’re probably paleo now for all I know.

Vegan Police
Posi-vegan Dylan Powell offers this friendly punk DIY inspired podcast grounded in his local Canadian vegan scene. He also spins some vegan tunes by vegan associated artists. Dylan is (was?) also a PPKer, so props. I miss his podcast, but I understand that he’s always very busy saving the world one vegan potluck at a time. Soymilk or almond milk? Dylan reports. You decide, so long as you pick the correct answer.

Vegcast
Vance hosts this vegan radio show in his radio show voice manner. He’s self-aware of this, so it’s all in good fun. It’s a decent roundup of guests and news facts injected with earnest commentary. I tend to dip in an out of his show when the mood strikes me.

Go Vegan Radio
Bob Linden hosts this regular radio show. I’ve only listened to a couple episodes and it hasn’t really hooked me, but it’s informative and well produced. It may initially appeal more to others, so I’m just throwing it out there.

Animal Rights: The Abolitionist Approach Commentary
It’s Gary Francione. Love him or love him not-so-much, here’s his not so regularly scheduled podcast. I’m a Francione fan, I’m a fan of a lot of people’s ideas, if you’re not, just skip to the next entry, but here’s where you can get some pure unadulterated Gary.

I’m probably annoying abolitionists for apologizing of it’s mention, and annoying others who aren’t so fond of abolitionists, but my intent is just to throw the podcast options out there and offer fair warning to those it may offend. There seems to be an unwritten policy to leave the “welfare vs. abolition” debates on the old forums, and it’s my intention to comply.

Our Hen House
I only just found this podcast a few weeks ago. Hasn’t hooked me, but it may have potential, I’ll check out a few more episodes. I wasn’t sure if the two hosts were “my type,” I wasn’t clicking with them exactly upon first listen. On the other hand, they had a few well-executed rants, a sign of vegan podcast greatness. Also, unlike most of the other podcasts, they are based in the New York City area, so I may keep listening to keep an ear on local happenings.

ARZone Podcast
This show is hosted by a crew of both seasoned vegans and new vegans across the globe connected by Skype and it’s become a quick favorite of mine. It’s hosted by “senior” vegans for lack of a better term, but I don’t think they would mind, in fact it gives them their edge as they offer seasoned perspective to us “young’uns.” I was a fan of Roger Yates before this podcast due to both his experience as a vegan activist from back in the day coupled with his angle in sociology. His podcast On Human-Nonhuman Relations always got me thinking. Also, Barbara DeGrande is also in the host mix, she has her own podcast, Veganacious (that I haven’t listened to in a while). Roger and Barbara lean abolitionist (just giving a heads up for those who don’t lean that way), but they are willing to challenge any of their own beliefs, and there’s enough diversity of opinion among the other great hosts Carolyn, Tim, and Ronnie and their interview guests to level things out.

Vegan Radio
In the old days of Vegan Radio, it was usual trio of Derrick, Scott and Megan who I liken to the triumvirate of Kirk, Spock and McCoy from the original Star Trek: the brash leader, the rational thinker, and the impassioned voice, unafraid to speak from the heart (and Megan tended to deliver the health coverage). Of course, their personalities weren’t so specific, and the format was less of a tightly run Federation space faring vessel and more like a sort of free-for-all anything-goes is-the-mike-on radio format. Derrick had some life matters to take care up, and the old gang is separated by geographical distance, so the show went on hiatus. He’s trying to bring it back though.

NZ Vegan Podcast
Hosted by Elizabeth Collins in an intimate format. I discovered this one a few months ago and started from the beginning of her back catalog. It was like reliving those early days of veganism when the impact of so many things you didn’t really notice are just emblazoned before your consciousness. More like an audio diary than a podcast, and while at times, I could understand a cynic leveling a criticism of self-indulgence—Elizabeth would probably even agree as she repeated cites that it’s a way to organize her own thoughts and as a sort of therapy—I respect the naked honesty that Elizabeth pours into the microphone. Her thoughts and emotions, her whole being is right there for you to judge, you can feel her anger, her melancholy, and her stubborn optimism. If you’re not a fan of an abolitionist perspective, then it’s probably not for you.

Disclaimer
Any omissions of someone’s favorite vegan podcast in no way indicates that it’s not good, I just probably haven’t heard of it or just forgot. I tried to keep this listing positive with the frame of mind that these podcasts are better than mine, since I don’t have one. I don’t agree with every single thing in every single podcast nor am I endorsing any particular view, though I’m sure my preferences skew my selection; my list certainly has a vegan bias. I do listen to other non-vegan orientated ones as well, but that’s a different post. Not all of the above podcasts are going to suit all tastes, and that’s just how it goes. Products may vary, void where prohibited.

Take what you need, and leave what you don’t.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:59 am 

Thank you too Citizen Ritson!

The podcast took a back seat to a lot of different things, but mostly Marineland Animal Defense and Conflict Gypsy. People looking to waste some time and expand their vegan/AR knowledge should check out Conflict Gypsy. The site is less than a year old and the Archive is already amazing. So much history.

http://www.conflictgypsy.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:16 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

WeeptoWatertheTrees wrote:
Thank you too Citizen Ritson!

The podcast took a back seat to a lot of different things, but mostly Marineland Animal Defense and Conflict Gypsy. People looking to waste some time and expand their vegan/AR knowledge should check out Conflict Gypsy. The site is less than a year old and the Archive is already amazing. So much history.

http://www.conflictgypsy.com/

Sweet! Dylan you are rad and pretty much the reason I became vegan :)

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm 

Aww shucks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Citizen Ritson wrote:

Animal Rights: The Abolitionist Approach Commentary
It’s Gary Francione. Love him or love him not-so-much, here’s his not so regularly scheduled podcast. I’m a Francione fan, I’m a fan of a lot of people’s ideas, if you’re not, just skip to the next entry, but here’s where you can get some pure unadulterated Gary.

I’m probably annoying abolitionists for apologizing of it’s mention, and annoying others who aren’t so fond of abolitionists, but my intent is just to throw the podcast options out there and offer fair warning to those it may offend. There seems to be an unwritten policy to leave the “welfare vs. abolition” debates on the old forums, and it’s my intention to comply.

yeha Ive listen to those ones, IF anything people should listen to the episode with ronnie lee in it. great example of francione's reasoning run up against the real world

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I listen to lots of podcasts!
Citizen Ritson wrote:
Animal Voices
I’m not even much of an “animal person” type vegan, but this show has been so informative to me over the years and is still strong. Sometimes there will be a topic where I’ll procrastinate listening to out of disinterest, and just be blown away when I finally get around to pressing play. Since they are a Canadian based radio show, the output is consistent and typically has a news roundup, maybe some vegan hip-hop nowadays, followed by an interview where they ask great questions. Search through their achieves and it’s a who’s-who in vegan affairs as they’ve interviewed nearly everyone you can think of.

This is one of my favourites. I think it's an intelligent show and I always come away learning something new.

Funnily enough, there is also another Canadian vegan show called Animal Voices which I'm a fan of. I think the style is maybe a bit more conversational but they also have guests and talk about news http://animalvoices.org/

Citizen Ritson wrote:
Vegetarian Food For Thought (AKA Compassionate Cooks)
Don’t let the name fool you, it’s a vegan podcast. Hosted by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, this is another very influencial podcast for me. The early back episodes are highly recommended and are very well rounded for a general audience of non-vegans to new vegans to long-time vegans. If I had to recommend one podcast for a general audience for delivering basic information in a nonthreatening way to, it would be this one. Colleen covers a wide range of topics from environment, health, cooking, philosophy, while sticking to facts, not getting too heady nor venturing into overstated or unsubstantiated claims that sometime creep into vegan advocacy (health claims in particular). The podcast format is just Colleen, who has researched a topic and presents it in audio essay format, but not in a way that sounds rote or dull. A few gems are when she reads a short story that is relevant to a vegan perspective. Her broadcasting output has gone down in the past year, but she’s already covered a lot of the core material.

Yes, she doesn't podcast much anymore but I'll always listen to what she has to say. I'm a big fan of her work and love the way she talks about animals in literature. I really like the book Vegan's Daily Companion. She's wise and not confrontational yet she'll speak up if she sees an injustice. In saying all this, I like her podcast but it's not my favourite. I think it's just not done in the style I'm most drawn to.

Citizen Ritson wrote:
Our Hen House
I only just found this podcast a few weeks ago. Hasn’t hooked me, but it may have potential, I’ll check out a few more episodes. I wasn’t sure if the two hosts were “my type,” I wasn’t clicking with them exactly upon first listen. On the other hand, they had a few well-executed rants, a sign of vegan podcast greatness. Also, unlike most of the other podcasts, they are based in the New York City area, so I may keep listening to keep an ear on local happenings.

I love Our Hen House. I download it every week end practically as soon as it comes out. I think it's because I find they come across as very genuine and passionate. They're always up to date and are out there doing things. Perhaps sometimes they have ragey or whiney moments but frankly, I'm like that too so I know where it's coming from.

Citizen Ritson wrote:
ARZone Podcast
This show is hosted by a crew of both seasoned vegans and new vegans across the globe connected by Skype and it’s become a quick favorite of mine. It’s hosted by “senior” vegans for lack of a better term, but I don’t think they would mind, in fact it gives them their edge as they offer seasoned perspective to us “young’uns.” I was a fan of Roger Yates before this podcast due to both his experience as a vegan activist from back in the day coupled with his angle in sociology. His podcast On Human-Nonhuman Relations always got me thinking. Also, Barbara DeGrande is also in the host mix, she has her own podcast, Veganacious (that I haven’t listened to in a while). Roger and Barbara lean abolitionist (just giving a heads up for those who don’t lean that way), but they are willing to challenge any of their own beliefs, and there’s enough diversity of opinion among the other great hosts Carolyn, Tim, and Ronnie and their interview guests to level things out.

I've only recently started listening to this one and I'm enjoying it I like that the hosts are British, from the US and Australian, they also seem to get a variety of guests on the show. It's not just about what's happening in the US.

I also like Citizen Radio (although that one grew on me, I thought it was a bit silly at first). It's more of a general political podcast than a vegan one.

I like the Cosmopolitan Hour because they make me laugh and I love the snark.

I'm a fan of Midwest Vegan Radio - this one's a relatively new discovery as well. They're two girls having a chat about whatever topic. Again, they come across as honest and genuine. I like the approach, it's not too structured but not boring either.

Others on my iPhone:
All Things Vegan
Vegan and the Living is Easy
Vegane Gesellschaft Schweiz (German language), I don't understand everything but I listen in
Red Radio - this one is fairly new as well, I haven't disliked the first few episodes but I think she's still finding her feet. It might take a few more episodes to get used to being in front of the microphone and learning how to put out something really engaging. I mean, props to her and all, I'd probably fumble a bit as well on my first few tries (although this one is a bit controversial as she raised quite a bit of money to put the podcast out...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 am 

I'm really enjoying Animal Voices now, I like the tone more than our hen house. Thanks again to everyone for the awesome tips!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 am 

oh, also i really like VegTalk, it's a great vegan podcast hosted by erik marcus!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm 
Tofu Pup

That's a long list, Veglicious! I think Animal Voices (both of them) have a very nice, straightforward, long form interview format. I've only just got into Our Hen House, who cover a lot of ground.

There is also:

Co-existing with non-human animals

Jordan Wyatt, the charming and funny president for life of probably the southernmost vegan society in the world (Invercargill, NZ) presents excerpts from other shows and talks about them. He also chats with his vegan friends, and about his chicken friends. Irregular, 2-3 a month, over an hour long.

Red Radio

A spinoff from Citizen Radio. Weekly, with the opinionated vegan kickboxer host Erin talking to friends and vegan figures. Very young, very focussed on supporting folk to go vegan, and quite ranty; she reminds me a bit of Bob Torres.

The Vegan Option

I produce this, so I naturally think we're the best vegan radio show.

I think Diana and myself have a good serious Brit / fun American dynamic, and the shows we produce don't just do one interview but try to tell a story over the course of a twenty minute show.

For example, for our Christmas Show (asking if there will be peace on Earth) we didn't just talk to Peter Singer about his review of Steven Pinker's book about declining violence but also talked to Prof Pinker (in a lecture). And Gary Francione. And although we're new, we've already done the first ever joint interview with multiple vegan lawmakers (Britain has three, and I asked them questions put by Maneka Gandhi and Rep Denis Kucinich as well as listeners).

Perhaps someone actually impartial should review it. It'd be great to know what you think of it :).