| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
 Post subject: Re: Had enough of body shaming?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

In the US, they initially made a corporate decision to not offer plus sizes to maintain whatever image they wanted to have. There was a big stink about it and they did end up offering either limited plus sizes or online only. I really hate those stores that only or mostly sell plus sizes online, like Old Navy etc. it reminds me of the time I walked into a Tommy Hilfiger boutique in the mall looking for a shirt that Macy's was sold out of. They had a rack of the style right by the door, but the bisque of a salesgirl told me, with a horrified expression "we don't sell THOSE sizes here." I never bought anything TH again.

I'm pretty good at body shaming myself. Going to the water aerobics has been kind of eye opening for me. It is mostly older women, 60s+. They are all so beautiful. Lots of life experience, active, happy, lots of not giving a forks. It's helped me a lot.

There is one woman who should be the poster woman for those people who always ask what tattoos will look like when you are 70. The unsurprising answer is still pretty awesome. She has a neon colored jeep and jokes about looking for a younger man.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:56 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

lavawitch wrote:
There is one woman who should be the poster woman for those people who always ask what tattoos will look like when you are 70. The unsurprising answer is still pretty awesome. She has a neon colored jeep and jokes about looking for a younger man.

Life Goals!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:13 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Mars wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Life Goals!

Seriously. I get so tired of this question. My answer is "wrinkly and saggy, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE." Is there a reason I have to 'save' my skin for when I'm older? Do I get a trophy for having the most untouched corpse in the cemetery?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:58 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Do I get a trophy for having the most untouched corpse in the cemetery?

Omg. LOVE THIS. I've always been so bothered by the idea that girls are supposed to be so worried about scars on our bodies and things that will make us look imperfect somehow, and I really don't want my daughter to grow up with that crepe. I can't wait to use this line on my mom next time she tells my daughter to be careful so she doesn't hurt herself and "ruin" her body in some way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75