| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:57 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Montreal
also, the Inuit have historically lived on much more sustainable lands with milder climates and higher animal populations. the ones that have survived have been pushed further and further north, because European colonialists (ie my ancestors) wanted the good land. so i'm sure, after all that history, the white canadians who shoved the Inuit out of the way will be SUPER happy and willing to move back to France and England and fricking Hungary or wherever, so that all the First Nations can live somewhere more hospitable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:57 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Montreal
pandacookie wrote:
littlebird wrote:
ignoring the idiots (idiot) in this thread will probably be more productive.

I haven't had so much fun in a thread in I don't know when.


yeah, i'm not even following my own advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5186
Location: Gallifrey
Moving them is a great idea!

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am 
Online
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6998
Location: bindlestiff
Maybe there are enough birds to carry everyone out of Canada.

_________________
Ovoids=not vegan --invictus

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:04 am 
Online
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 6998
Location: bindlestiff
And maybe littlebird is really the Big Bird Leader and has suggested this mass movement to get some work for all her friends. There is a conspiracy afoot!

_________________
Ovoids=not vegan --invictus

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:04 am 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 5265
Location: A New England
littlebird wrote:
we're having an interesting conversation on this topic in another forum i'm on. someone linked this blog. it shows just what the prices are for mainstream north american foods.
That is completely shocking. How can anyone afford to buy food at those prices?
pandacookie wrote:
Maybe there are enough birds to carry everyone out of Canada.
As long as they don't carry 'em down here to sponge off all of our free...oh, wait. Never mind.

_________________
Nothing is safe from weiners in my neighborhood... ~ crowderpea
I didn't embarrass him by saying anything about wanking ~ 8ball
"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com


Last edited by Desdemona on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5186
Location: Gallifrey
You could always throw blankets of smallpox on them so you don't have to deal with this in the future! Maybe that's a bit harsh, though?

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:07 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
pandacookie wrote:
Maybe there are enough birds to carry everyone out of Canada.

There are plenty of empty condos in Florida. There are also lots of Canadians. Maybe they could all move down here. I can send the wild quaker parrots in my local park to pick them up.

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:08 am 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 5265
Location: A New England
Mr. Shankly wrote:
You could always throw blankets of smallpox on them so you don't have to deal with this in the future! Maybe that's a bit harsh, though?
It's worked in the past; in fact, you could even say it's a time-honoured European tradition!

_________________
Nothing is safe from weiners in my neighborhood... ~ crowderpea
I didn't embarrass him by saying anything about wanking ~ 8ball
"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
I don't know what the problem is. There is plenty of infrastructure and government support ...oh, right. Stupid facts. Let's blame the English!

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 am 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8384
Location: Maryland/DC area
I was wondering how grocery stores could even charge those prices and be successful but that makes sense that transplanted workers get huge subsidies, which leaves the workers as the only ones that can afford the prices.

The cooking article mentioned that there are fewer hunters, is the reasoning that local industries are hiring the local community yet not paying them enough?

What would happen to those industries if the people were moved on some magical flying bird? Would those industries die? Are those industries exploiting the local resources? Are they supporting the rest of canada? If so, wouldn't it make sense to make sure that the local community is also subsidized?

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:20 am 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8384
Location: Maryland/DC area
littlebird wrote:
also, the Inuit have historically lived on much more sustainable lands with milder climates and higher animal populations. the ones that have survived have been pushed further and further north, because European colonialists (ie my ancestors) wanted the good land. so i'm sure, after all that history, the white canadians who shoved the Inuit out of the way will be SUPER happy and willing to move back to France and England and fricking Hungary or wherever, so that all the First Nations can live somewhere more hospitable.


So moving them IS an option. Move them, move the people that are in the current locations, etc.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Montreal
linanil wrote:
littlebird wrote:
also, the Inuit have historically lived on much more sustainable lands with milder climates and higher animal populations. the ones that have survived have been pushed further and further north, because European colonialists (ie my ancestors) wanted the good land. so i'm sure, after all that history, the white canadians who shoved the Inuit out of the way will be SUPER happy and willing to move back to France and England and fricking Hungary or wherever, so that all the First Nations can live somewhere more hospitable.


So moving them IS an option. Move them, move the people that are in the current locations, etc.


yes, in fact, i am buying my plane ticket to France right now. not that they'll let me in, since i'm not a french citizen. maybe if i show them that ship passage document from my great great great grandfather? of course, he was a religious heretic and probably would have been hanged or something, so really, i shouldn't even exist.

realistically, the only option is to slit my wrists and hope a member of a displaced first nations wants my montreal apartment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
linanil wrote:
I was wondering how grocery stores could even charge those prices and be successful but that makes sense that transplanted workers get huge subsidies, which leaves the workers as the only ones that can afford the prices.

The cooking article mentioned that there are fewer hunters, is the reasoning that local industries are hiring the local community yet not paying them enough?

What would happen to those industries if the people were moved on some magical flying bird? Would those industries die? Are those industries exploiting the local resources? Are they supporting the rest of canada? If so, wouldn't it make sense to make sure that the local community is also subsidized?

From what I read, hunting is a costly thing these days. You have to take a day off work in addtion to paying the costs of hunting.

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:43 am 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8384
Location: Maryland/DC area
littlebird wrote:
linanil wrote:
littlebird wrote:
also, the Inuit have historically lived on much more sustainable lands with milder climates and higher animal populations. the ones that have survived have been pushed further and further north, because European colonialists (ie my ancestors) wanted the good land. so i'm sure, after all that history, the white canadians who shoved the Inuit out of the way will be SUPER happy and willing to move back to France and England and fricking Hungary or wherever, so that all the First Nations can live somewhere more hospitable.


So moving them IS an option. Move them, move the people that are in the current locations, etc.


yes, in fact, i am buying my plane ticket to France right now. not that they'll let me in, since i'm not a french citizen. maybe if i show them that ship passage document from my great great great grandfather? of course, he was a religious heretic and probably would have been hanged or something, so really, i shouldn't even exist.

realistically, the only option is to slit my wrists and hope a member of a displaced first nations wants my montreal apartment.


Well be sure to tell those pesky French to go back to where they came from.

I think the moral of the story is we are all moving to Africa, pack your bags.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:04 am 
Online
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10461
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
littlebird wrote:
ignoring the idiots (idiot) in this thread will probably be more productive.




While I fully disagree with everything Jinkies has said in this thread, we still need to stick to the no name calling rule. Let's help to inform him/her of why their solution isn't the right one and if that doesn't work, you're right, ignoring is the best bet.

/moderator

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 154
Man, the righteous outrage against the straw man you folks have created is hilarious. This place is always such an amazing example of thinking with your heart, not with your head. Veganism does tend to attract the mindless touchy-feely folks more than the logical and rational, though. Have fun with your Kumbayas and hand holding spirituals. I'm sure everything will work out just fine in your magical Eden of the north.

And Jordan, I was actually not aware that they were people. I thought we were talking about pretty shoes, or possibly small aquatic bats. Seriously, though, I do feel a little dumber after after reading any of your posts. Thanks for Billy Madisoning me every single goddamn time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1463
You're still here?

_________________
Like the beleaguered people of sub-Saharan Africa, I'll just go to Denny's. Solidarity!
-mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 154
ijustdiedinside wrote:
littlebird wrote:
ignoring the idiots (idiot) in this thread will probably be more productive.




While I fully disagree with everything Jinkies has said in this thread, we still need to stick to the no name calling rule. Let's help to inform him/her of why their solution isn't the right one and if that doesn't work, you're right, ignoring is the best bet.

/moderator


You're familiar with this place, ijdi. Nobody will ever offer an argument as to why I'm wrong. It'll just be a lot of childish mockery and name calling, since I am The Enemy. It never changes. This place is the worst I've ever seen online for that, and I'm counting Youtube and Stormfront.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5186
Location: Gallifrey
Jinkies! wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
littlebird wrote:
ignoring the idiots (idiot) in this thread will probably be more productive.




While I fully disagree with everything Jinkies has said in this thread, we still need to stick to the no name calling rule. Let's help to inform him/her of why their solution isn't the right one and if that doesn't work, you're right, ignoring is the best bet.

/moderator


You're familiar with this place, ijdi. Nobody will ever offer an argument as to why I'm wrong. It'll just be a lot of childish mockery and name calling, since I am The Enemy. It never changes. This place is the worst I've ever seen online for that, and I'm counting Youtube and Stormfront.

Then leave? Why would you post on a forum that you don't like?

And many people have provided you with information as to why you're wrong; you've just been ignoring everything.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 am 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
Explanation=mockery; frustration at racism=Stormfront?

Tell another one!

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 154
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Then leave? Why would you post on a forum that you don't like?

And many people have provided you with information as to why you're wrong; you've just been ignoring everything.


The forum is fine when the prayer circles aren't formed. Are you actually defending the catty behavior and childish mockery of everyone here?

As for information as to why I'm wrong, I must have missed it. I've certainly read every post, but mostly it was the standard ladies completely misrepresenting what I've said and mocking that straw man. I'm used to that here. I do love when I'm proven wrong, though, since it gives me a chance to learn more and correct my misconceptions. If you can explain why the words I said upthread (the words I actually said, specifically, not some forking straw man) are wrong, I honestly would be glad to hear that explanation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:23 am 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 154
j-dub wrote:
Explanation=mockery;


I think you may have some blinders on if you're not seeing the mockery here.


Quote:
frustration at racism=Stormfront?


I honestly don't get why you have this here. Do you think I'm comparing the views here to the views of people on Stormfront? If so, please work on your critical thinking skillz.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 am 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6046
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
littlebird wrote:
also, the Inuit have historically lived on much more sustainable lands with milder climates and higher animal populations. the ones that have survived have been pushed further and further north, because European colonialists (ie my ancestors) wanted the good land. so i'm sure, after all that history, the white canadians who shoved the Inuit out of the way will be SUPER happy and willing to move back to France and England and fricking Hungary or wherever, so that all the First Nations can live somewhere more hospitable.


Quoted for truth.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Inuit organize widespread protest over hunger, food cost
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
rowdily playing checkers
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 2974
No, Jinkies is right. I am mocking him.

_________________
"Tits are inconsequential, but someone pass me that kitten" ~ papayapaprikás


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: craiger_ny and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer