| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creationism Carpool
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 am 
WRETCHED

gobigblue1982 wrote:
I guess it would be better if God said... ok guys, here is the Earth... rape, pillage, conquer, live for yourself, have fun, I'll pick you up in 75 years and you'll get to spent some time (eternity) with me even though you know jack shiitake about me or my nature... but enjoy the Cowboys game, the coke, and the hookers...

I've never watched a Cowboys game, done coke (or are you talking about soda) or been involved with a hooker.

Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

And I shall love on you.

Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Anyway, I'm going to go stuff my empty hole full of atheist debauchery.

I hope that we at least figure out the major tenants of that new religion, so I can decide whether I want to fill my god hole with it. I hope there are lots of holidays.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

Profile WWW  

God-shaped Hole

crowderpea wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:
i haven't been to rwanda but trust me brother, many brothers and sisters in Christ have and do and will continue to risk their lives to spread Christ's love to that woman...

Okay, yet again: not a dude; not a brother

I wish those people were risking their lives to do something besides tell that woman that the horrific things she has been through are part of some sick crasshole's plan.

All this talk about love, but it seems like it only goes one way.

again... i personally know dozens of missionaries in the field in Sudan, Western Europe, Mexico City, Rwanda, etc.

they go, they suffer, they preach Jesus, they save, they love on, they give shelter, they bring medicine, they adopt, and they sacrifice their lives for people all the way around the globe that they've never met...

why???? because that is what we're called to do by Christ.

the opposite of evolutionary natural selection...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 am 

Filling your god hole is where the word holidays comes from. Days on which you should fill your god hole especially full. Just pound that god right in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 am 
WRETCHED

gobigblue1982 wrote:
crowderpea wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:
i haven't been to rwanda but trust me brother, many brothers and sisters in Christ have and do and will continue to risk their lives to spread Christ's love to that woman...

Okay, yet again: not a dude; not a brother

I wish those people were risking their lives to do something besides tell that woman that the horrific things she has been through are part of some sick crasshole's plan.

All this talk about love, but it seems like it only goes one way.

again... i personally know dozens of missionaries in the field in Sudan, Western Europe, Mexico City, Rwanda, etc.

they go, they suffer, they preach Jesus, they save, they love on, they give shelter, they bring medicine, they adopt, and they sacrifice their lives for people all the way around the globe that they've never met...

why???? because that is what we're called to do by Christ.

the opposite of evolutionary natural selection...

So what about those that do that but aren't Christians?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 am 
God-shaped Hole

linanil wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:
I guess it would be better if God said... ok guys, here is the Earth... rape, pillage, conquer, live for yourself, have fun, I'll pick you up in 75 years and you'll get to spent some time (eternity) with me even though you know jack shiitake about me or my nature... but enjoy the Cowboys game, the coke, and the hookers...

I've never watched a Cowboys game, done coke (or are you talking about soda) or been involved with a hooker.

sarcasm???

obviously there is sin to a lesser degree...

sin in it's nature is choosing love of self over love for God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 am 

Are there going to be miracles? I want to see some flying puppies or some space goats.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:19 am 

This is officially the most ridiculous thread I've ever read. Officially. I'm getting it notarized tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:22 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

gobigblue1982 wrote:
crowderpea wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:
you say screw that i'm watching what i want, drinking what i want, smoking what i want, buying what i want, spending my time (selfishly) how i want, fornicating with who i want,(etc. etc. etc.) and i'm living FOR ME, and I'm going to stuff my empty hole full of things that will ultimately leave be unhealthy, unfulfilled, guilty, broke, etc.

wow. this is totally insulting.

im watching what i want, drinking what i want, smoking what i want, buying what i want, spending my time (selfishly??? what makes you assume that? you have no clue how anyone on this board spends their time unless you know them personally, and who are YOU to determine if their actions are selfish), fornicating with who i want, and living for ME.
and as far as stuffing my empty hole full of things that will leave me less than satisfied...
What I put in my hole is NONE of your business! ha.
but really, If my hole isnt bothering YOU then you have no right to comment on it.

I watch shittake TV that isnt glorifying to anyone, Smoke cigarettes, Buy anything I feel like buying that is within my means, spend my time working (which is a very difficult job might I add, I work in animal medicine and let me tell you, it doesnt pay well and the rewards and recognition are few, so I do it for the animals, trust me.), I also spend my time volunteering for Planned Parenthood and working with a neighborhood organization for womens rights, and I fornicate with my fiance.
I'm no saint
and your "god" might disagree with some of the things I do.
but I like my hole just the way it is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 am 
God-shaped Hole

Quote:

So what about those that do that but aren't Christians?

what about them? they are amazing people who should be held high in our society. anyone who loves on the poor and less fortunate is a good person, morally based on my best understanding of Christian doctrine.

what about their eternal fate i'm sure you're asking?

as a subscriber to calvinism I believe that everyone is given a chance to choose the light. God is the only one who truly knows us (in our spiritual form). I do believe however that each soul is given a chance to love God or reject God in their lives. Those in unreached places, children, the mentally ill, etc. i believe are given grace through the doctrine of Christ's resurrection and atonement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:31 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Please be aware of the forum rules, one of which is:

Quote:
5- Racist, sexist, homophobic things will be immediately deleted. We encourage debate but that sort of thing just won't be tolerated.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:31 am 
Bathes in Braggs

gobigblue1982 wrote:

to be gay is for a man to look at a woman in lust is to a teacher gossiping about another is to a dad losing his patience at his kid is to a teen quietly playing chess out of wedlock, etc.

point is anything outside of God's plan is sinful. we all face temptations. some greater than others. Through prayer, counsel, and love we can overcome many of our sins...

there is way too much focus on the sin of homosexuality... every human lives a life in sin. as we grow into relationship with God our desire for sin changes...

people tend to look at the sin of homosexuality as though it's alone in it's difficulty to overcome...

also, there is nothing in the Bible that states that practicing homosexuals are damned... in fact to the contrary the Bible says that all of us are in sin but those who come to know and love Christ will inherit the kingdom.

This isn't a banishable offense?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 am 
God-shaped Hole

Quote:
wow. this is totally insulting.

im watching what i want, drinking what i want, smoking what i want, buying what i want, spending my time (selfishly??? what makes you assume that? you have no clue how anyone on this board spends their time unless you know them personally, and who are YOU to determine if their actions are selfish), fornicating with who i want, and living for ME.
and as far as stuffing my empty hole full of things that will leave me less than satisfied...
What I put in my hole is NONE of your business! ha.
but really, If my hole isnt bothering YOU then you have no right to comment on it.

I watch shittake TV that isnt glorifying to anyone, Smoke cigarettes, Buy anything I feel like buying that is within my means, spend my time working (which is a very difficult job might I add, I work in animal medicine and let me tell you, it doesnt pay well and the rewards and recognition are few, so I do it for the animals, trust me.), I also spend my time volunteering for Planned Parenthood and working with a neighborhood organization for womens rights, and I fornicate with my fiance.
I'm no saint
and your "god" might disagree with some of the things I do.
but I like my hole just the way it is.

1. OBVIOUSLY i wasn't speaking to you or anyone on this board personally with that... just an example of self-centered thought process that leads us all to be unhappy no matter how rich we are in possessions or how high we are on drugs (both illegal and legal), or how wonderful our sex life is, or how great our vocational life is...

we are all worshipers by nature. human beings worship things... my buddy dave is a CEO who worships work... my friend adam is a musician who worships metal bands... my friend anthony is a man-whore (admittedly) who worships sexual relations w/ whoever, whenever, whatever...

there are plenty of harmless and seemingly helpful people (you seem to be 1, at least in your intentions) who are still living in sin and living in sin, selfishly wrapped up in their own world rather than dying to themselves and living for God...

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:37 am 
God-shaped Hole

abbierae wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:

to be gay is for a man to look at a woman in lust is to a teacher gossiping about another is to a dad losing his patience at his kid is to a teen quietly playing chess out of wedlock, etc.

point is anything outside of God's plan is sinful. we all face temptations. some greater than others. Through prayer, counsel, and love we can overcome many of our sins...

there is way too much focus on the sin of homosexuality... every human lives a life in sin. as we grow into relationship with God our desire for sin changes...

people tend to look at the sin of homosexuality as though it's alone in it's difficulty to overcome...

also, there is nothing in the Bible that states that practicing homosexuals are damned... in fact to the contrary the Bible says that all of us are in sin but those who come to know and love Christ will inherit the kingdom.

homosexuality you mean?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:39 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

gobigblue1982 wrote:
abbierae wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:

homosexuality you mean?

Homophobia. It is not tolerated here, including the intrinsically homophobic implication that homosexuality is a choice and a sin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:40 am 
Nailed to the V

Yes. the homo gays are banished to the land of no ppk. Wait no.

------------------------------
OkC | Google+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 am 
God-shaped Hole

Tofulish wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:

So basically you're saying that most Christian churches, including the Catholic one, are wrong? Because I could agree with you on that one.

i wouldn't say wrong... i simply believe the best way to "do church" aka community is the way we were taught in Acts. I think the super ritualistic, political, denominational entities are often walking outside of the path God intended...

again, the church of Antioch is where it's @.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:55 am 
God-shaped Hole

Quote:

homosexuality you mean?

Homophobia. It is not tolerated here, including the intrinsically homophobic implication that homosexuality is a choice and a sin.

ha, wow...

whoa whoa whoa...

i don't know where to begin...

you can say that you don't agree with Christianity but it is undeniable that in within Christianity homosexuality is a sin. Just as lying, looking at another person in lust, sex outside of marriage, etc.

all i am doing is stating fact in Christian doctrine. if that would get me banned i would happily flee from the iron curtain...

funny how the free speech deal ends for some when they hear speak outside of their belief system...

also funny how the things that offend you about Christianity are the exact opposite of the things that offend many other parts of the world...

for instance, in many cultures the doctrine of sin is no problem at all... but the idea of endless love and turning the other cheek, loving sinners, etc. is highly offensive...

i'm sure you don't think your culture is superior to these other cultures do you???

if there is a God of the universe would it now make sense that He would offend all culture equally???

again, let's remember that many parts of the world consider woman as 2nd class citizens (to put it mildly), and will happily stone you to death for speaking the wrong words...

so again, God is God and the fact that you are a progressive and the idea of sin is offensive does not do anything but make you the minority within all of history and much of the world today...

i guess you would prefer a "Steford God"

Last edited by gobigblue1982 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:56 am 
Nailed to the V

Dear god.

put this forking thread out of its misery ASAP.

OkC | Google+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 am 
Grandfathered In

gobigblue1982 wrote:
dawkins doesn't debate creationists because he would get slaughtered...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

*and breathe*

*wipes eyes*

You are super.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 am 
Bathes in Braggs

gobigblue1982 wrote:
nonsense

If you feel so stifled then please leave. No one here wants to be your "brother."

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:11 am 
God-shaped Hole

FootFace wrote:
gobigblue1982 wrote:
dawkins doesn't debate creationists because he would get slaughtered...

*and breathe*

*wipes eyes*

You are super.

william craig would kill him as he did hitchens, ehrham, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:11 am 
Nailed to the V

dandirtyapes wrote:
Dear god.

put this forking thread out of its misery ASAP.

This thread is still here. Thus, no god.

QED.

OkC | Google+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 am 

Tofulish wrote:
Here is my favorite C.S. Lewis quote:

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

This is Lewis Carroll, not C.S. Lewis. C.S. Lewis was kind of a twatwaffle.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next