| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chavis Carter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:11 pm 
WELFARIST!

Carter was a passenger in a truck that was pulled over. He was searched by police and found to be in possession of $10 worth of marijuana. His name was run and found to have a warrant. He gets searched again and double cuffed. Police are saying that they missed a gun that he must have been hiding and managed to shoot himself in the head (right temple). His mother says that he's left handed.

what the fizzle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/04/opini ... arter.html

Post subject: Re: Chavis Carter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

What does double cuffing mean? Is that feet as well? I'm pretty sure if I was cuffed once behind my back I could still totally aim a handgun at my temple. Google leads me to believe that a .380 cobra is a pretty small handgun so it could be easily concealed. It could also be that because of his position in the car and whether or not he was buckled in that he aimed at his left temple instead of this right. If I'm wrong, though it's not the first time cops have shot an unarmed kid.

ETA: How did the cops not hear the gunshot, though? Guns are loud! Being police officers it's unlikely that the cops would mistake gunfire for something else.

Post subject: Re: Chavis Carter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

nickvicious wrote:
What does double cuffing mean?

I believe this is what a double cuff is:

Quote:
Google leads me to believe that a .380 cobra is a pretty small handgun so it could be easily concealed.

That may be so but they searched him twice and were able to find tiny baggies and marijuana but not a hard gun? I just find it really mind boggling, to say the least.

Quote:
ETA: How did the cops not hear the gunshot, though? Guns are loud! Being police officers it's unlikely that the cops would mistake gunfire for something else.

That's what I was wondering! One article I read (the above) stated that they just smelled smoke when they got into the car. Another article said that the officers heard a "thump" and that's what made them turn to look at him.