| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Romney picks Paul Ryan as his VP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

*Trillions in subsidies and guarantees funnelled towards the investing class and wall street.
    *Promoted and signed highly regressive Bush tax cuts (almost exclusively favor the rich).
    *Obama's stimulus was largely based on conservative supply-side economics (directed money to corporations and those with the least propensity to spend).
    *Selected Geithner, Summers, Orszag, and Emanuel to steer economic policy. (Summers, Orzag, and Emanuel are former or current investment bankers).
    *Selected an extreme conservative (Simpson) and a wall street banker (Erskine-Bowles) to run the cat food commission.
    *Marginalized progressive in his administration (Roemer) and openly mocked progressives via advisors and spokes people.
    *Increased military spending.
    *Refused to close guantanamo.
    *Massively escalated a pointless un-winnable war in Afghanistan.
    *Carried out assassinations of american citizens and foreign nationals without due process.
    *Presided over a massive rendition-torture campaign in CIA prisons in Romania, Thailand, Poland, and Iraq,
    *Increased classification of government documents and reneged on promise to promote government openness.
    *More prosecution of whistleblowers under the espionage act than all previous previous presidents combined.
    *Prosecution of the free press using the espionage act (Julian Assange).

44th President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:12 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Quote:
http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Ann-Romney-Speech-Targets-Women-as-Christie-3823639.php

“You may not agree with Mitt’s positions on issues or his politics,” Ann Romney said in a nationally broadcast speech on the first full day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. “But let me say this to every American who is thinking about who should be our next president: No one will work harder, no one will care more, and no one will move heaven and earth like Mitt Romney to make this country a better place to live.”

So let me get this straight - I don't like his ideology, but I should support him because he's working really hard to do stuff I don't want him to do?

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:36 am 

alden wrote:
Quote:
http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Ann-Romney-Speech-Targets-Women-as-Christie-3823639.php

“You may not agree with Mitt’s positions on issues or his politics,” Ann Romney said in a nationally broadcast speech on the first full day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. “But let me say this to every American who is thinking about who should be our next president: No one will work harder, no one will care more, and no one will move heaven and earth like Mitt Romney to make this country a better place to live.”

So let me get this straight - I don't like his ideology, but I should support him because he's working really hard to do stuff I don't want him to do?

And one more article on Ann's speech.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-wom ... tions-2012

Quote:
I went camping once. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what homelessness feels like.

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

thebigchill wrote:
Yep its like a Sarah pick, Ryan had to be the worst pick of all, I can't wait for the debates!

Those will be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

alden wrote:

i don't hold HuffPo in particularly high esteem, but damn, that's a really good article.

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 am 

EmperorTomatoKetchup wrote:
alden wrote:

i don't hold HuffPo in particularly high esteem, but damn, that's a really good article.

Yeah HuffPo is in the "they will print anything that will sell adspace" category, but every once in a while they get a good one. It's a rare day that I go to any specific news site and just start skimming for stories, most of the time I only end up on a specific news site because it showed up on my google feed. I'm sure that's not exactly the most unbiased way of perusing the news but it does definitely take me to both sides of the spectrum's media outlets on most days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:40 pm 
We So Excited

I'm most sleazed out by the lying about his marathon time. You don't misremember an hour. And races are public record--did he think no one would look? You're running for VP, dude, people fact check.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The Republicans apparently played "The Boys Are Back In Town" by Thin Lizzy at their convention. The mother of Phil Lynott, the band's late singer, is NOT best pleased:

Quote:
"Mitt Romney's opposition to gay marriage and to civil unions for gays makes him anti-gay, which is not something that Philip would have supported," a furious Philomena Lynott told the Irish rock magazine Hot Press.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 13953.html

(it's the fourth item)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:00 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

jogirl wrote:
The Republicans apparently played "The Boys Are Back In Town" by Thin Lizzy at their convention. The mother of Phil Lynott, the band's late singer, is NOT best pleased:

Quote:
"Mitt Romney's opposition to gay marriage and to civil unions for gays makes him anti-gay, which is not something that Philip would have supported," a furious Philomena Lynott told the Irish rock magazine Hot Press.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 13953.html

(it's the fourth item)

You'd really think that the Republicans would have given up on playing anything beisides Ted Nugent, and public domain. Maybe Ted Nugent playing Camptown Races? I mean, every damn time they play something they get caught, and someone bites back. I'm sure its happened to the Dems, but probably not as often.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:02 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

lycophyte wrote:
[Maybe Ted Nugent playing Camptown Races?

This is gold.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:48 pm 
We So Excited

pandacookie wrote:
lycophyte wrote:
[Maybe Ted Nugent playing Camptown Races?

This is gold.

Why I ppk.