| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parlor Etiquette
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:28 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Because things get a little heated up in this, here are a few things to think about when posting here in the Parlor. I think people are for the most part civil, and a little bit of fighting is healthy, but I want to make sure that we can all look each other in the eye at the next potluck.

1- The internet is not real life. You may actually like the other person in real life. You probably have friends that have different opinions than you, try to think of it that way.
2- If you're getting a headrush and heart palps, step away, pet a cat and then come back when you are feeling better.
3- Don't engage in troll-like behavior. Yeah, you may not be anonymous but posting stuff just to get people angry is messed up, don't do it.
4- You may see people cursing at/insulting each other. Some people "got it like that". They have relationships with other board members where it's ok to say whatever they want. It doesn't mean that you can act like that. If you're not sure if your playful indignation will be taken the wrong way, refrain from telling them to fork off.
5- None of this applies to me.

Also, please title your posts accurately so that we don't have a gazillion threads about it.

So instead of "ZMG! I AM SO PISSED!" title it "Sarah Palin said some thing."

And instead of "This is so sad :(" title it "Some sad thing about puppies."

This was it will show up in the search and also as a thread title people can just see. Thanks, comrades.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]