| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:52 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm relieved and happy that Boylston street is open. I haven't been able to go past Dartmouth St though. I'll get there.

I'm also relieved about people's generosity. The victim's medical bills are going to be ridiculous, but they should have some help. I'm hoping that the One Fund is fairly distributed.

And finally, I'm relieved that someone brought in comfort dogs. I have been thinking a lot about losing a leg or foot and the constant sadness and anger that would go with that, and dogs are so loving. Unless someone has a fear of dogs or something, I think combined with donations and good medical care, it'd be a huge help on the road to recovery. In fact, there's a vegan bake sale at the MSPCA today, and I'm thinking about going and visiting with the animals. I feel guilty I can't bring any home, but I can't offer a forever home, so I know I would be doing the animal a disservice in the long run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17