http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/0 ... tml?fbwall

good god those people are sick mustards

Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Edwards
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
Westboro Baptist Church is going to protest her funeral:

Oh, you gotta be kidding me. What did she do to offend them? I don't understand.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:16 pm 
Bought a crop of bad girls

Tofulish wrote:

This makes me sick. How can they live with themselves?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:59 pm 
Semen Strong

starrynight87 wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Oh, you gotta be kidding me. What did she do to offend them? I don't understand.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:57 am 
<3

I'm appalled by this protest.

I was very saddened by the passing of Elizabeth Edwards. She was a very classy woman. I remember her interview with Larry King last summer. She showed such grace.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:00 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I keep INSISTING that Westboro Baptist Church be wiped off the face of the Earth, but it's not happening.

I guess God hates me, too.

Or, wait, no. Because...if she INSISTED on these things from God and God gave them to her, then that means...that...God didn't hate her? Because she got what she wanted? But God hated her to make her want such evil things?

Guys, am I doing this right?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Tofulish wrote:
starrynight87 wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Can somebody post a picture of a baby animal or something? Right now I hate this world so, so much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:43 am 
Seagull of the PPK

this is so sad, EE was so graceful. She was on several radio shows and just exuded grace.

I hope my favorite counterprotesters show up for her funeral- the freedom riders. Since she wasn't a servicewoman, i doubt they would, but i love it when they go and drown out the Westboro Baptists.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/04/AR2010100407104.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:54 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

megs wrote:
I keep INSISTING that Westboro Baptist Church be wiped off the face of the Earth, but it's not happening.

I guess God hates me, too.

Or, wait, no. Because...if she INSISTED on these things from God and God gave them to her, then that means...that...God didn't hate her? Because she got what she wanted? But God hated her to make her want such evil things?

Guys, am I doing this right?

I think so. The ways of God are truly incomprehensible to my mere human brain.

I still feel extreme sorrow for Fred Phelps' family, in spite of the awful things they do. They are so severely physically abused and brainwashed. I really wish religion in general would fade away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

why don't they fabricate rape charges against them or arrest them under false charges like they do at protests for other causes?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:39 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I have to confess that after reading this hateful screed, I was actually crying with rage. I'm not generally a big hater, but I honestly despise these people, and would feel no sorrow whatsoever if something terrible happened to them. So - according to these theological experts - God watches talk shows, sent the Edwards' 16-year-old son to hell for no apparent reason, and is now punishing Elizabeth Edwards for eternity because she had the temerity to want more children after "He" sent some sort of message by killing her oldest child in a car accident? (Sounds like a great guy; no wonder these sick, evil forks worship him!)

This is not "free" speech, it is HATE speech, and we're supposed to have laws in place to protect us from this sort of thing. That poor woman is dead, her children have lost their mother, and these sick monsters are using one of the most difficult days of their lives as a means of spreading their disgusting poison. These people are so irredeemably crazy, twisted, and evil; if there is a God, it gives me pleasure to imagine their surprise when they learn how much he hates their filthy forking guts, and their arrival in that Hell to which they're so fond of consigning others:

"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:04 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

WBC just makes stuff up. They want to get themselves in the news and protesting at Elizabeth Edwards' funeral is a way to do that. They are scheduled to go to trial at the Supreme Court on hate speech charges. The case, when last I checked, had not been decided but had a lot of sympathy to the family of the serviceman who brought it. The family was awarded damages but was overturned by a higher court and it goes higher still.
Unfortunately, WBC has lawyers in the family and apparently endless money so they can do as they wish. Do these people ever die? Cause that would be a funeral to go protest I think. Or do we have to wait for the robots to short circuit?

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:08 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

janejellyroll wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
starrynight87 wrote:

Can somebody post a picture of a baby animal or something? Right now I hate this world so, so much.

A. this is terrible.
B. I'm cracking up at the use of Smashmouth and Godsmack. I'm sure their intent wasn't to remind of terrible bands from the late 90's, but mission accomplished if it was. How do these people even take themselves seriously?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:36 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Thessaly wrote:
B. I'm cracking up at the use of Smashmouth and Godsmack. I'm sure their intent wasn't to remind of terrible bands from the late 90's, but mission accomplished if it was. How do these people even take themselves seriously?

you know, i was thinking the same thing. it's like when your gym teacher called you a hipster, or when my father yelled at me for joining the counterculture. um, yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:38 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

pandacookie wrote:
WBC just makes stuff up. They want to get themselves in the news and protesting at Elizabeth Edwards' funeral is a way to do that. They are scheduled to go to trial at the Supreme Court on hate speech charges. The case, when last I checked, had not been decided but had a lot of sympathy to the family of the serviceman who brought it. The family was awarded damages but was overturned by a higher court and it goes higher still.
Unfortunately, WBC has lawyers in the family and apparently endless money so they can do as they wish. Do these people ever die? Cause that would be a funeral to go protest I think. Or do we have to wait for the robots to short circuit?

Yes, Elizabeth Edwards is guilty of nothing more than being a big enough name for them to protest in an attempt at bringing more attention to themselves. They are purposely inflammatory. My understanding is that they try to rile people up so that people attack them, etc so they can sue the crepe out of them using their family of well trained lawyers. And, they funnel plenty of that money back to sending family to law school, etc. I imagine this is part of why authorities cannot use the same messed up, illegal tactics they use against other protesters. These people have the time, money, and determination to sue the shiitake out of EVERYBODY.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

torque wrote:
this is so sad, EE was so graceful. She was on several radio shows and just exuded grace.

I hope my favorite counterprotesters show up for her funeral- the freedom riders. Since she wasn't a servicewoman, i doubt they would, but i love it when they go and drown out the Westboro Baptists.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/04/AR2010100407104.html

From discussions on my Harley forum, it sounds like people are looking into planning to do it unofficially since it outside their official mission.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:04 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Yes, yes, rage against WBC. So much absolute horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

torque wrote:
Thessaly wrote:

you know, i was thinking the same thing. it's like when your gym teacher called you a hipster, or when my father yelled at me for joining the counterculture. um, yeah.

GodSmacks sounds like a delicious breakfast cereal! Now with extra smite!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:58 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I want to join the counter protest - it's only an hour or so from here! - but I don't think bringing the 4 year old to a protest with crazies is a safe plan.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:32 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

appifanie wrote:
but I don't think bringing the 4 year old to a protest with crazies is a safe plan.

I've had friends counter protest WBC. They have no regard for the presence of children. NONE.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2