| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: John Edwards proposes to Rielle Hunter
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:58 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

Vantine wrote:
I know someone who took care of a dying wife after his marriage was basically over. He proposed and married his girlfriend within a year of his wife's death. One of his children performed the ceremony. There were many extenuating circumstances. In the end, nothing is as simple as John Edwards is evil and Elizabeth was a saint.

pandacookie wrote:
I don't think it's anyone's business. Perhaps Rielle will be a really good mom to the kids. Perhaps they aren't actually engaged. Perhaps they have been for a long time. Maybe the two children like her. Maybe they don't. If the media really gave a crepe about Elizabeth Edwards they'd stop splashing her kids all over the front page. Leave 'em alone.

agreed x2.

and i'd go further to say that folks who buy into the gutter press and then consider themselves justified in making assumptions and assertions about these people's private lives are equally complicit.

eta: okay, i realize that's kind of harsh. i wish there wasn't a market for trashy journalism, though. and it's silly to assume that we're getting the full story from media sources and that we really know anything about what these people are feeling, thinking, dealing with.