| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Nordic social democracy cuts PUAs off at the knees
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I love everything about this article so much. Redistributive policies that ensure everyone is taken care of render Pick-Up Artists' gross, manipulative, predatory tactics (or "game") obsolete.

Quote:
Pick-up artists believe that all women are the same: submissive, choosier than men when picking sexual partners, entranced by shiny objects. In the Community, players are self-made; most renowned pick-up artists claim they were socially awkward losers until they learned the tricks of the trade. If a pick-up artist hones his “inner game” (confidence) as well as his “outer game” (appearance), he can control his sexual future. When women come with cheat codes, rejection is not an option; if a play fails, the player tweaks his strategy instead of conceding defeat.

Roosh enjoys middling success as the author of the “Bang” series of travel guides, which trains readers to seduce women based on derogatory ethnic stereotypes. In Bang Brazil, Roosh warns his followers that “poor favela chicks are very easy, but quality is a serious problem.” He vows never to return to the Polish city of Katowice unless forced to “maintain the kitten flow.” Roosh’s predations haven’t gone without recognition. The Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights organization, included Roosh’s personal blog in a March 2012 report on American hate groups; it quotes an Icelandic feminist group that described Bang Iceland as a “rape guide.”

But Roosh’s Denmark directory diverges from his usual frat-boy Casanova fantasies liberally seasoned with rape jokes. Don’t Bang Denmark—note the dramatic title change—is a cranky volume that (spoiler alert!) probably won’t help any Roosh acolytes score. Roosh calls it the “most angry book” he’s ever written. “This book is a warning of how bad things can get for a single man looking for beautiful, feminine, sexy women.”

What’s blocking the kitten flow in Denmark? The country’s excellent social welfare services. Really.

He concludes that the typical fetching Nordic lady doesn’t need a man “because the government will take care of her and her cats, whether she is successful at dating or not.”

It's worth it to read the whole thing.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Post subject: Re: How Nordic social democracy cuts PUAs off at the knees
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Love it!

"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:38 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Well, SNAP and don't come back!
We'll keep our tall, beautiful and liberated women to ourselves, thankyouverymuch. Well, and the men too. And everyone in between. And our cats. Mostly our cats!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Hah. That was a satisfying read. What a horrible human being.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:12 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

i really like this. hah!

just recently this guy (couldn't have been older than 14) tried to stop me on the street and negged me. did all the classic PUA things like block the direction i was trying to walk in and "i don't usually like x but you're pretty" etc. i'm probably projecting a lot, but it made me feel really sad that there was this kid in front of me - who had probably just started high school a few months ago and was probably having all those weird adolescent feelings of not fitting in and everyone else seeming to be cooler and having more fun than you - who had decided that pick-up artistry was the way to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh man. People actually doing this in real life are the worst douchebags ever. Every time I've encountered this in a bar or some place like that, I've had to be aggressive to get them to just back off.
The most horrifying experience was one time at a cocktail bar where I was hanging out and finishing my cocktail after my friend had to leave. This group of maybe 4 swedish bankers arrived and we had a short, friendly conversation. I politely said something about "yeah, my fiancé something something.." and then one of them got really weird and said "you don't have a boyfriend". I was like whaaat, and said that I did. Then he asked me to prove it, which made me just shake my head, laugh, say "I don't need to prove anything to you" and move to the other side of the bar to talk to the bartender.
That should have been that, but the one who claimed that i had to prove my social status decided after maybe 3-4 minutes to follow me and sit in the chair next to me. At this point I was getting quite annoyed (and a bit terrified - what kind of predator-like behavior is that?!), so I turned around and said "I need you to not follow me, that is very very inappropriate and quite frankly, you are totally out of line and acting like a douchebag". He told me that he was allowed to sit where he wanted, and I decided to remove myself from the situation and just leave the bar. I was quite drunk at this point, and got up to pay my tab. As I walked by he touched my butt. This pissed me off to such a degree that I turned around and aggressively bumped his head into the bar with my entire body weight. His friends (who had been following the situation laughingly) got completely quiet and seemed chocked. Then I turned him around, pushed him towards the door and yelled at his friends to collect their things and leave immediately. And drunken as I was I couldn't stop myself from yelling "you're in my neighborhood crassholes, you better look over your shoulders on your way home!". This made them leave very very quickly.

I really wish that violence hadn't been necessary, but like my therapist said to me in the following session "You did try to remove yourself from the situation twice. Sometimes people simply have no boundaries and then you have to do what you have to do in order to get to leave".
The scary thing is not that there are crassholes out there. The scary thing is that in this "pick up artistry", this predator behavior is considered okay, even something to practice in order to "get girls". It's uncharming to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:31 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Smoothie=my hero!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:30 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

j-dub wrote:
Smoothie=my hero!

+1 hella badass

and I apologize on behalf of Swedish nationals/descendants for the behavior of those äckliga råtar. We will give them a stern talking to.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It was pretty glorious (in hindsight). Erica, it's okay - I gave them a stern talking to. WITH MY FISTS.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
j-dub wrote:
Smoothie=my hero!

+1 hella badass

Nice one!

As forked up as that situation was, I'm glad they got what they deserved. Go Danish women!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:19 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

That article makes me happy.

I am Danish and when I was in secondary/ did my A-levels, I knew a few blokes who were really into Neil Strauss and The Game. It was so sexist and pathetic. One of my mates had his book and at a party he showed it to us, so I decided to read it aloud. It was all incredibly offensive and daft, but the glossary was particularly ridiculous, so of course people were laughing. When I was done reading aloud, my mate went: "well, of course it is going to sound silly, when you put it like that.." I literally did not make a single alteration, I just read it aloud.

I knew this chap who were kind of a smart asparagus, nice but really vain, and he claimed to be a PUA. He even told me about a few of his succesful tricks; like telling a girl he liked her nails and then asking if they were fake, or agreeing to buy a girl a drink at a bar and then ordering a glass of milk(I kind of liked that one though). Eventually he started dating one of my friends and it turned out that he hadn't even kissed a girl. I felt sort of bad for him. I can in no way accept the sexist, manipulative behaviour, but I honestly think that a lot of these PUAs are just really insecure boys with really low self-esteem and self-worth. Not that that makes it ok at all.

Wow, Smoothie. That sounds like a horrible experience, but it must have been really empowering to not let him get away with it.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]