| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Georgia Legislation bill
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

on a related note, also apparently they failed to pass a bill that would legalize drinking alcohol on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:39 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

JillW wrote:
on a related note, also apparently they failed to pass a bill that would legalize drinking alcohol on Sunday.

Drinking or selling alcohol? I'm from the South and I've never heard of a law saying you can't drink on Sunday, only that you can't sell (that said, I'm not from Georgia).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:47 am 
WRETCHED

designedtobekind wrote:
Maarschmellow wrote:
Excerpt
Quote:
(26) The act of prenatal murder has caused a significant reduction in the number of citizens in this state who would serve as workers, entrepreneurs, teachers, employees, and employers who would have significantly contributed to the prosperity and continuation of this state

I object to this. My potential child might also be a crasshole.

I have a friend who miscarried at 20 weeks, then at nearly full-term. She has two kids now, but she'll be living a "new normal" for the rest of her life. I can't imagine how devastating this bill could be to women already going through something traumatic.

My mom had a stillborn at 18. She was 8 months pregnant. I can tell you that it affected her immensely and changed who she was as a person. I think it is also the reason that our relationship is sometimes difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Everything about this new host of anti-abortion bills from every direction is upsetting me and making me crazy. After I read the handmaid's tale, I wept in bed for three days. (I still maintain there should be a disclaimer right on the front for people like me).

It worries me, as a Canadian, mostly because I feel for the women down in those states, but also because my PM, if he felt he could get away with that shiitake, would be all over it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:35 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

janejellyroll wrote:
JillW wrote:

Drinking or selling alcohol? I'm from the South and I've never heard of a law saying you can't drink on Sunday, only that you can't sell (that said, I'm not from Georgia).

yep, meant to say selling. Of course you can drink if you stock up ahead of time. And some counties allow the sale in restaurants.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2