| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 165  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who challenges your feminism in your life?
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:18 am 
Flounceiad 2011

GAAAH. This crazy, creepy crepe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... erica.html

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Take a deep breath and back away from the Daily Mail.....

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:35 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
But the "writing" is pure comedy gold (to say nothing of the subtitles, which are weirdly brilliant)! Also: "purity balls." *SNICKER*

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:41 am 
Tofu Pup

Desdemona wrote:

I know way too many girls who would have jumped at the chance to do this in high school..... Speaking of!

One of my old teachers challenged my feminism. He was a new teacher my senior year, and his introduction to us included the phrase 'I'm not sexist, but...' On Fridays we had joke days, in which he would tell his best women jokes. After his wife gave birth he spoke to his class about how a married woman's duty could still be performed during the 6 week waiting period in other ways... I'll leave it at that. Ah, and one week, during class time mind you, he went on a pro-feminist blog and essentially harassed the blogger, and encouraged us to create our own accounts to do the same. This guy was also the leader of the school's club for boys, you know, to help mold them into respectable young men... sigh.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:35 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

Solid advice.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:42 am 
Saggy Butt

Why do the conservative sites that are promoting abstinence have the most scantily clad women and sleezy stories on their page? They're all about celebrities on the beach and other non-stories.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:54 am 
Grandfathered In

Silly person. They're all about your abstinence, not their own.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:00 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

And it is never the men-type persons who are expected to stay abstinent. So those women on those websites are clearly heathens.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:10 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

My friends and I were on a mini road trip this weekend and we stopped at this small coffee shop that we passed. There were two bathrooms, both single-occupancy yet still marked women and men. This always annoys me, but it doesn't stop me from using whichever one is open. My friend went into the one marked women, so I took the men's room. The walls had several pictures of scantily clad women fishing, one cartoon that I didn't really get but I think it was about women being stupid (I don't know, i'm prob too stupid to get it), and one photo of a topless woman. I checked out the women's bathroom and saw one drawing of a fancy woman at a cafe, a few WWF pictures of sweaty men with big muscles, and a couple of pictures of cute puppies and kittens.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:38 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Desdemona wrote:

Eeeeewww. This is wrong on so many levels.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:43 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

joyfulgirl wrote:
My friends and I were on a mini road trip this weekend and we stopped at this small coffee shop that we passed. There were two bathrooms, both single-occupancy yet still marked women and men. This always annoys me, but it doesn't stop me from using whichever one is open. My friend went into the one marked women, so I took the men's room. The walls had several pictures of scantily clad women fishing, one cartoon that I didn't really get but I think it was about women being stupid (I don't know, i'm prob too stupid to get it), and one photo of a topless woman. I checked out the women's bathroom and saw one drawing of a fancy woman at a cafe, a few WWF pictures of sweaty men with big muscles, and a couple of pictures of cute puppies and kittens.

We have a similar set up at my office, two single-occupancy toilets marked male and female. Generally, if one is open and the other is not, we use which ever forking one we want (although the ladies' room has period supplies and bandaids, whereas the men's room has all the spare paper towels). Sometimes when clients come in we have to encourage them to use whichever bathroom is open. One guy needed some serious convincing that it was OK to use the women's room. I finally had to tell him, "look, you're not going to spontaneously grow a vagina in there." He came out raving about the potpourri we use (we don't) and asking what it was and where he could get it (again, nonexistent potpourri).

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:47 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Wow, now the Las Vegas PD is pushing a no-sex-before-marriage message!

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2014/may/04 ... isk-death/

Quote:
The room of about 125 parents and children watched recorded interviews with a pimp and prostitutes, learned modern-day slavery exists in the form of the sex trade, and saw grisly images of people who’d suffered at the hands of hard drugs — such as a woman who’d lost limbs in a methamphetamine lab explosion and a man who’d had his face partially gnawed off by a meth user.

It's true because it happened to me. One minute I was fooling around with my high school boyfriend and before I knew it I'd sold both my eyeballs for meth.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:13 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

That whole LVPD situation has me livid.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:46 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:

We have a similar set up at my office, two single-occupancy toilets marked male and female. Generally, if one is open and the other is not, we use which ever forking one we want (although the ladies' room has period supplies and bandaids, whereas the men's room has all the spare paper towels). Sometimes when clients come in we have to encourage them to use whichever bathroom is open. One guy needed some serious convincing that it was OK to use the women's room. I finally had to tell him, "look, you're not going to spontaneously grow a vagina in there." He came out raving about the potpourri we use (we don't) and asking what it was and where he could get it (again, nonexistent potpourri).

It might just be a NI problem, but I prefer separate toilets so I don't have to deal with peas over the toilet seat and over the floor, ready to soak into the bottom of my jeans. I'm happy for anyone to share toilet facilities with me if they can keep it in the toilet and wash their hands after, unfortunately a lot of blokes here don't seem capable of either.

Having posters like that in public toilets is just ick!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:46 am 
***LIES!!!***

My experience of using whichever restroom has a stall open at the right moment is that women's toilets are always covered in pee from idiot hoverers, whereas men's are not, because men either have the option of a urinal or they have been trained to lift the seat if they aren't going to sit on it. I am always the only person willing to use the men's single occupancy toilet when there is a crazy long line for the women's. Really have no idea what people are thinking they are going to encounter in the men's room that is worse than the women's.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:52 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:

Lady urine smells just like potpourri!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:58 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ariann wrote:
My experience of using whichever restroom has a stall open at the right moment is that women's toilets are always covered in pee from idiot hoverers, whereas men's are not, because men either have the option of a urinal or they have been trained to lift the seat if they aren't going to sit on it. I am always the only person willing to use the men's single occupancy toilet when there is a crazy long line for the women's. Really have no idea what people are thinking they are going to encounter in the men's room that is worse than the women's.

Yeah I'll always use the single occupancy men's too. At Petco the women's single had a funky lock and several times despite telling other women this they refuse to use the men's one. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:55 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Fee wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:

Lady urine smells just like potpourri!
Lard knows mine does; it's also rainbow colored!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:55 pm 
WELFARIST!

I always use the mens bathroom at work. I get looks sometimes from customers but one time as I was leaving the bathroom, this guy kind of stood in my way and condescendingly said, "Well, I thought this was the MENS bathroom."

YOU DON'T KNOW IF I'M A MAN OR NOT.

Besides, who gives a fork? They're exactly the same bathrooms.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:18 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I always use the mens bathroom at work. I get looks sometimes from customers but one time as I was leaving the bathroom, this guy kind of stood in my way and condescendingly said, "Well, I thought this was the MENS bathroom."

YOU DON'T KNOW IF I'M A MAN OR NOT.

Besides, who gives a fork? They're exactly the same bathrooms.

Can't he be pretty certain by looking at you? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the men's restroom will be occupied by men.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

Jigglypuff wrote:
Can't he be pretty certain by looking at you? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the men's restroom will be occupied by men.

Are you being serious?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:30 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Jigglypuff wrote:

Are you being serious?

Yes? I thought I remembered you identifying as a woman in a different post, but maybe I'm wrong. Obviously the situation is different if you're non-binary.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:57 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I think part of what Mr. Shankly is getting at is that it is not the job of the observer to decide whether or not it is appropriate for someone to use one restroom or another. In the case of single occupancy restrooms, assigning them to one gender or another makes no sense at all anyway and is likely wasting resources (space, if you really only need one restroom and time, because people are waiting for a restroom when they could be using either). Although even in a multi-use restroom, if there are stalls I don't care which restroom I use. I can't see how it matters.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ariann wrote:
I think part of what Mr. Shankly is getting at is that it is not the job of the observer to decide whether or not it is appropriate for someone to use one restroom or another. In the case of single occupancy restrooms, assigning them to one gender or another makes no sense at all anyway and is likely wasting resources (space, if you really only need one restroom and time, because people are waiting for a restroom when they could be using either). Although even in a multi-use restroom, if there are stalls I don't care which restroom I use. I can't see how it matters.

Yes, this. He was saying it to intentionally be rude and to try to tell me that the restroom (which was single-occupancy- not that it matters too much) was for men only.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:41 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

We have gendered faculty bathrooms at work. Nobody cares who uses what, but the men's floor is always gross and sticky so mostly women all use the women's room unless desperate. (Wth do they do?)

Oddly, I've seen women go in the men's, but never the opposite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 165  Next