| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:37 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 1475
Location: In the land of Druids and Moonrakers
jojo wrote:
Ruby Rose wrote:
Also also - Waitrose have canned pumpkin again now - stock up before it's gone, chaps.


Oh awesome, I asked someone in Waitrose last week and they looked at me like I was crazy!


Got some last night - it's Libby's this year! They had it with the tinned fruit, like the lychees and stuff.

_________________
Cake is always the appropriate intervention. - choirqueer
We are here to discuss the gender politics of cats, not your mommy issues. - Expired Sanity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 pm 
Offline
A gift from the crasshole god.

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
Ruby Rose wrote:
I'm scared of the newness of this thread. It's like when someone turns the lights on at the end of the disco.


This. Exactly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:35 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4654
handan wrote:
I keep getting errors too. Anyway, squee! I can't think of anything more constructive to add really. I'll be back in the UK on Saturday I hope and am looking forward to having some foods at Stereo and 78 soon-ish.

Now, lets see if I can manage not to post eleventy-nine-million times at once.


It's 50% off all food in the 78 on world vegan day. Which might just about make it affordable! I had the aubergine bake thing last night and it was pretty yum. Maybe not £8.50 yum, but still...

Also, I do hope the Byres Rd Waitrose have canned pumpkin. I've been into Peckhams on Glassford Street every day this month (I walk past it on the way home from work) asking about canned pumpkin and they never know when they're getting it in. I wish they'd sort it out!

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3924
Location: Edinburgh
interrobang?! wrote:
It's 50% off all food in the 78 on world vegan day. Which might just about make it affordable! I had the aubergine bake thing last night and it was pretty yum. Maybe not £8.50 yum, but still...

Also, I do hope the Byres Rd Waitrose have canned pumpkin. I've been into Peckhams on Glassford Street every day this month (I walk past it on the way home from work) asking about canned pumpkin and they never know when they're getting it in. I wish they'd sort it out!

I liked my risotto, but not like it was worth £8.50. But the hot chocolate was nice.

Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can? I picked up 2 when I was there yesterday because I'm still hoping Real Foods will get it in and it'll be a little more reasonable than LP.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:27 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4058
Location: Nottingham.
Alien wrote:
we also ate at Las Iguanas the other day. it is yummy there. the cassava fries are garlicky and crispy and ridiculously awesome. And I had a brazilian moqueque which is a big thing of tomatoey veggies but the veggies are things like cassava and palm hearts. it was nommm. I seriously love cassava now. And they have fancy drinks there.


The fried plantain! The patatas bravas! Yummmmm!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4654
rachell37 wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
It's 50% off all food in the 78 on world vegan day. Which might just about make it affordable! I had the aubergine bake thing last night and it was pretty yum. Maybe not £8.50 yum, but still...

Also, I do hope the Byres Rd Waitrose have canned pumpkin. I've been into Peckhams on Glassford Street every day this month (I walk past it on the way home from work) asking about canned pumpkin and they never know when they're getting it in. I wish they'd sort it out!

I liked my risotto, but not like it was worth £8.50. But the hot chocolate was nice.

Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can? I picked up 2 when I was there yesterday because I'm still hoping Real Foods will get it in and it'll be a little more reasonable than LP.


Yeah, Peckham's had it last year for about £1 a can. Plus, I am a lazy bisque and can't be arsed to schlep it all the way up to Lupe's without a better excuse! I'm assuming Mike was still alive when you got home last night, yes?

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 pm 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm
Posts: 42
Location: The East Neuk
canuck in scotland wrote:
handan wrote:
I'll be back in the UK on Saturday I hope and am looking forward to having some foods at Stereo and 78 soon-ish.


Oh reeeealie? Did Fife get a 78 & Stereo.


Haha, no sadly. That would be good but unlikely. Between the gf and my ongoing, now unpaid, relationship with the Uni I'll be going through often enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:57 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Vancouver (and not Glasgow)
Glad someone mentioned that pizza thing. When I voted a few days ago it was at near 50% so I'm sad that it's lost so much of the vote.

GO AND VOTE PPKers!

_________________
My totally awesome blog : http://vegankitchendiaries.tumblr.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:16 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Vancouver (and not Glasgow)
rachell37 wrote:
Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can?


The Glasgow one doesn't! AT least they didn't a few days before Thanksgiving, and they didn't mention getting any in. Used pumpkin puree (which so isn't the same) instead from Delizique in Partick.

_________________
My totally awesome blog : http://vegankitchendiaries.tumblr.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 530
Location: Brighton
Here's what I'm currently loving....

Image

_________________
utilitarian wrote:
I was a militant vegan once. Now, I just eat their food.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:40 am 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4654
canuck in scotland wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can?


The Glasgow one doesn't! AT least they didn't a few days before Thanksgiving, and they didn't mention getting any in. Used pumpkin puree (which so isn't the same) instead from Delizique in Partick.


I think rachel was talking about the Glasgow one! No one cares about Canadian Thanksgiving, you know that. It's all about the 'Merkan one.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:24 am
Posts: 345
Location: London
8ball wrote:
Alien wrote:
we also ate at Las Iguanas the other day. it is yummy there. the cassava fries are garlicky and crispy and ridiculously awesome. And I had a brazilian moqueque which is a big thing of tomatoey veggies but the veggies are things like cassava and palm hearts. it was nommm. I seriously love cassava now. And they have fancy drinks there.


The fried plantain! The patatas bravas! Yummmmm!!!!




The one by Spitalfields has Happy Hour and that's the only reason I've been there - next time I'll check out the food!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:02 am 
Offline
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 4197
Location: Brighton, England.
Ghost Lips I'm a huge Pizza Face fan too - vegan pizza delievered to your door? Yes please! Their cheesy garlic bread's awesome too.

_________________
Blog: Vegan.In.Brighton
Not-For-Profit Bakery: Operation Icing
Twitter: @veganinbrighton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:12 am 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 115
Location: Manchester
I'm currently loving the Goody Good Stuff sweets they've started doing in Holland & Barrett, especially the Summer Peaches ones :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:38 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Vancouver (and not Glasgow)
interrobang?! wrote:
I think rachel was talking about the Glasgow one! No one cares about Canadian Thanksgiving, you know that. It's all about the 'Merkan one.

Douche!

IB?!, in Canada it's just called 'THANKSGIVING'. Not 'Canadian Thanksgiving' as if it was some kind of second rate celebration of the bounty of harvest..

_________________
My totally awesome blog : http://vegankitchendiaries.tumblr.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:51 am 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4654
canuck in scotland wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
I think rachel was talking about the Glasgow one! No one cares about Canadian Thanksgiving, you know that. It's all about the 'Merkan one.

Douche!

IB?!, in Canada it's just called 'THANKSGIVING'. Not 'Canadian Thanksgiving' as if it was some kind of second rate celebration of the bounty of harvest..


Hey, at least I didn't say 'whatchu talkin' about, canuck? Thanksgiving isn't until November! Do you mean last year?'

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 am 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:45 pm
Posts: 528
Location: Your Mom, UK
canuck in scotland wrote:
IB?!, in Canada it's just called 'THANKSGIVING'. Not 'Canadian Thanksgiving' as if it was some kind of second rate celebration of the bounty of harvest..


Does it celebrate positive and wonderful historical moments like the 'mercan one does?

_________________
The Messy Vegetarian Cook
London Vegan Beer Fest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:13 pm 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Vancouver (and not Glasgow)
MessyVeggie wrote:
canuck in scotland wrote:
IB?!, in Canada it's just called 'THANKSGIVING'. Not 'Canadian Thanksgiving' as if it was some kind of second rate celebration of the bounty of harvest..


Does it celebrate positive and wonderful historical moments like the 'mercan one does?


(God, I love this new auto-quote feature.) It's more of a autumnal harvest thing in Canada rather than the Pilgrims and the "red indians" (as they are so often delightfully referred to in Glasgow sitting down together for a meal. And I'm not even going to get started about the whole "but didn't the whites rape/pillage/committ mass genocide" thing... but Canadians did that too. I always forget that Canadians don't have this squeeky clean past when I'm talking about British Colonialism.... lalala....

_________________
My totally awesome blog : http://vegankitchendiaries.tumblr.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:53 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:15 pm
Posts: 858
Location: South West UK
Co-Op have some really yum chocolate mint creams in their 'finest' range with a third off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:23 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4654
canuck in scotland wrote:
MessyVeggie wrote:
canuck in scotland wrote:
IB?!, in Canada it's just called 'THANKSGIVING'. Not 'Canadian Thanksgiving' as if it was some kind of second rate celebration of the bounty of harvest..


Does it celebrate positive and wonderful historical moments like the 'mercan one does?


(God, I love this new auto-quote feature.) It's more of a autumnal harvest thing in Canada rather than the Pilgrims and the "red indians" (as they are so often delightfully referred to in Glasgow sitting down together for a meal. And I'm not even going to get started about the whole "but didn't the whites rape/pillage/committ mass genocide" thing... but Canadians did that too. I always forget that Canadians don't have this squeeky clean past when I'm talking about British Colonialism.... lalala....


Aww, is that akin to the 'autumn harvest festival' thing we have in the UK when we give crappy back of the cupboard tins of corned beef and pineapple to pensioners for some reason I never really understood?

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3924
Location: Edinburgh
interrobang?! wrote:
canuck in scotland wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can?


The Glasgow one doesn't! AT least they didn't a few days before Thanksgiving, and they didn't mention getting any in. Used pumpkin puree (which so isn't the same) instead from Delizique in Partick.


I think rachel was talking about the Glasgow one! No one cares about Canadian Thanksgiving, you know that. It's all about the 'Merkan one.

Yeah, I was in the Glasgow one on Wednesday. But they only just got it in last week, I think. There is literally a row of boxes at least 3 deep in front of the deli counter, and several more scattered around the shop. They seriously stocked up this year. And yet they didn't drop the price. mustards.

V - did you know they also have liquid smoke? I didn't know this. I swear I've never seen it in the Edinburgh shop, but the guy in Glasgow insisted it was there.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:41 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 530
Location: Brighton
jojo wrote:
Ghost Lips I'm a huge Pizza Face fan too - vegan pizza delievered to your door? Yes please! Their cheesy garlic bread's awesome too.


YEAH!! I'm all about the mushroom pizza. Haven't tried their vegan cheese yet on a whole pizza, but I did have a bite of someone's and it was pretty good. When I get paid it's Pizzaface time like nobody's business.

_________________
utilitarian wrote:
I was a militant vegan once. Now, I just eat their food.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:07 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Vancouver (and not Glasgow)
rachell37 wrote:
V - did you know they also have liquid smoke? I didn't know this. I swear I've never seen it in the Edinburgh shop, but the guy in Glasgow insisted it was there.


Aye, aye! Got a bottle of Mr Stubbs Hickory in my pantry from good ol' Lupe's! It took me 10 mins of just staring at the bottles to choose hickory over mesquite. I use it in a lot of stuff but mostly this. :)

_________________
My totally awesome blog : http://vegankitchendiaries.tumblr.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:09 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:41 am
Posts: 1556
Location: "HOLLAND"
UK, my stay was awesome. 222 Veggie Vegan Restaurant is amazing!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:14 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Vancouver (and not Glasgow)
EFCLIZ - where oh where did you get reggae reggae NUTS from?

_________________
My totally awesome blog : http://vegankitchendiaries.tumblr.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer