| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: UK UK!!! v2.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:37 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

jojo wrote:
Ruby Rose wrote:
Also also - Waitrose have canned pumpkin again now - stock up before it's gone, chaps.

Oh awesome, I asked someone in Waitrose last week and they looked at me like I was crazy!

Got some last night - it's Libby's this year! They had it with the tinned fruit, like the lychees and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Ruby Rose wrote:
I'm scared of the newness of this thread. It's like when someone turns the lights on at the end of the disco.

This. Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:35 pm 
Mediocre Tart

handan wrote:
I keep getting errors too. Anyway, squee! I can't think of anything more constructive to add really. I'll be back in the UK on Saturday I hope and am looking forward to having some foods at Stereo and 78 soon-ish.

Now, lets see if I can manage not to post eleventy-nine-million times at once.

It's 50% off all food in the 78 on world vegan day. Which might just about make it affordable! I had the aubergine bake thing last night and it was pretty yum. Maybe not £8.50 yum, but still...

Also, I do hope the Byres Rd Waitrose have canned pumpkin. I've been into Peckhams on Glassford Street every day this month (I walk past it on the way home from work) asking about canned pumpkin and they never know when they're getting it in. I wish they'd sort it out!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
It's 50% off all food in the 78 on world vegan day. Which might just about make it affordable! I had the aubergine bake thing last night and it was pretty yum. Maybe not £8.50 yum, but still...

Also, I do hope the Byres Rd Waitrose have canned pumpkin. I've been into Peckhams on Glassford Street every day this month (I walk past it on the way home from work) asking about canned pumpkin and they never know when they're getting it in. I wish they'd sort it out!

I liked my risotto, but not like it was worth £8.50. But the hot chocolate was nice.

Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can? I picked up 2 when I was there yesterday because I'm still hoping Real Foods will get it in and it'll be a little more reasonable than LP.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:27 pm 
Impressive boner

Alien wrote:
we also ate at Las Iguanas the other day. it is yummy there. the cassava fries are garlicky and crispy and ridiculously awesome. And I had a brazilian moqueque which is a big thing of tomatoey veggies but the veggies are things like cassava and palm hearts. it was nommm. I seriously love cassava now. And they have fancy drinks there.

The fried plantain! The patatas bravas! Yummmmm!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm 
Mediocre Tart

rachell37 wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

I liked my risotto, but not like it was worth £8.50. But the hot chocolate was nice.

Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can? I picked up 2 when I was there yesterday because I'm still hoping Real Foods will get it in and it'll be a little more reasonable than LP.

Yeah, Peckham's had it last year for about £1 a can. Plus, I am a lazy bisque and can't be arsed to schlep it all the way up to Lupe's without a better excuse! I'm assuming Mike was still alive when you got home last night, yes?

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

canuck in scotland wrote:
handan wrote:
I'll be back in the UK on Saturday I hope and am looking forward to having some foods at Stereo and 78 soon-ish.

Oh reeeealie? Did Fife get a 78 & Stereo.

Haha, no sadly. That would be good but unlikely. Between the gf and my ongoing, now unpaid, relationship with the Uni I'll be going through often enough.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:57 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Glad someone mentioned that pizza thing. When I voted a few days ago it was at near 50% so I'm sad that it's lost so much of the vote.

GO AND VOTE PPKers!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:16 am 

rachell37 wrote:
Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can?

The Glasgow one doesn't! AT least they didn't a few days before Thanksgiving, and they didn't mention getting any in. Used pumpkin puree (which so isn't the same) instead from Delizique in Partick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 am 
Nailed to the V

Here's what I'm currently loving....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:40 am 
Mediocre Tart

rachell37 wrote:
Did you not know that Lupe Pinto's has boxes of Libby's pumpkin lining the store, or are you just looking for cheaper than £1.80 per can?

The Glasgow one doesn't! AT least they didn't a few days before Thanksgiving, and they didn't mention getting any in. Used pumpkin puree (which so isn't the same) instead from Delizique in Partick.

I think rachel was talking about the Glasgow one! No one cares about Canadian Thanksgiving, you know that. It's all about the 'Merkan one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 am 

8ball wrote:
Alien wrote:
we also ate at Las Iguanas the other day. it is yummy there. the cassava fries are garlicky and crispy and ridiculously awesome. And I had a brazilian moqueque which is a big thing of tomatoey veggies but the veggies are things like cassava and palm hearts. it was nommm. I seriously love cassava now. And they have fancy drinks there.

The fried plantain! The patatas bravas! Yummmmm!!!!

The one by Spitalfields has Happy Hour and that's the only reason I've been there - next time I'll check out the food!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:02 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Ghost Lips I'm a huge Pizza Face fan too - vegan pizza delievered to your door? Yes please! Their cheesy garlic bread's awesome too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:12 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I'm currently loving the Goody Good Stuff sweets they've started doing in Holland & Barrett, especially the Summer Peaches ones :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:38 am 

interrobang?! wrote:
I think rachel was talking about the Glasgow one! No one cares about Canadian Thanksgiving, you know that. It's all about the 'Merkan one.

Douche!

IB?!, in Canada it's just called 'THANKSGIVING'. Not 'Canadian Thanksgiving' as if it was some kind of second rate celebration of the bounty of harvest..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:51 am 
Mediocre Tart

interrobang?! wrote:

Douche!

IB?!, in Canada it's just called 'THANKSGIVING'. Not 'Canadian Thanksgiving' as if it was some kind of second rate celebration of the bounty of harvest..

Hey, at least I didn't say 'whatchu talkin' about, canuck? Thanksgiving isn't until November! Do you mean last year?'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:47 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Does it celebrate positive and wonderful historical moments like the 'mercan one does?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:13 pm 

MessyVeggie wrote:

Does it celebrate positive and wonderful historical moments like the 'mercan one does?

(God, I love this new auto-quote feature.) It's more of a autumnal harvest thing in Canada rather than the Pilgrims and the "red indians" (as they are so often delightfully referred to in Glasgow sitting down together for a meal. And I'm not even going to get started about the whole "but didn't the whites rape/pillage/committ mass genocide" thing... but Canadians did that too. I always forget that Canadians don't have this squeeky clean past when I'm talking about British Colonialism.... lalala....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:53 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Co-Op have some really yum chocolate mint creams in their 'finest' range with a third off.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:23 pm 
Mediocre Tart

MessyVeggie wrote:

(God, I love this new auto-quote feature.) It's more of a autumnal harvest thing in Canada rather than the Pilgrims and the "red indians" (as they are so often delightfully referred to in Glasgow sitting down together for a meal. And I'm not even going to get started about the whole "but didn't the whites rape/pillage/committ mass genocide" thing... but Canadians did that too. I always forget that Canadians don't have this squeeky clean past when I'm talking about British Colonialism.... lalala....

Aww, is that akin to the 'autumn harvest festival' thing we have in the UK when we give crappy back of the cupboard tins of corned beef and pineapple to pensioners for some reason I never really understood?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

Yeah, I was in the Glasgow one on Wednesday. But they only just got it in last week, I think. There is literally a row of boxes at least 3 deep in front of the deli counter, and several more scattered around the shop. They seriously stocked up this year. And yet they didn't drop the price. mustards.

V - did you know they also have liquid smoke? I didn't know this. I swear I've never seen it in the Edinburgh shop, but the guy in Glasgow insisted it was there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:41 pm 
Nailed to the V

jojo wrote:
Ghost Lips I'm a huge Pizza Face fan too - vegan pizza delievered to your door? Yes please! Their cheesy garlic bread's awesome too.

YEAH!! I'm all about the mushroom pizza. Haven't tried their vegan cheese yet on a whole pizza, but I did have a bite of someone's and it was pretty good. When I get paid it's Pizzaface time like nobody's business.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:07 am 

rachell37 wrote:
V - did you know they also have liquid smoke? I didn't know this. I swear I've never seen it in the Edinburgh shop, but the guy in Glasgow insisted it was there.

Aye, aye! Got a bottle of Mr Stubbs Hickory in my pantry from good ol' Lupe's! It took me 10 mins of just staring at the bottles to choose hickory over mesquite. I use it in a lot of stuff but mostly this. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:09 am 
Level 7 Vegan

UK, my stay was awesome. 222 Veggie Vegan Restaurant is amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:14 am 

EFCLIZ - where oh where did you get reggae reggae NUTS from?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next