| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
 Post subject: Re: Bicycling Badazzes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:54 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Three cross races this weekend!

I did a double header (SS women and Women 4s) Saturday at Ninkrossi, which was ROUGH on the singlespeed. The course was on a large field that was on a ~3% grade, so the whole race was either climbing, or descending. The terrain was really, really, really bumpy, so you couldn't rest much on the descents, and the climbs were that much harder. I was overgeared and couldn't ride one technical feature because of toe overlap, so I didn't do that well. Still, finishing two races on a singlespeed on that course was an accomplishment in itself on that course, so I'm okay with it.

Sunday, I raced a super fun course that was still hard (see above pic of the runup), but not as bad as Saturday. I wasn't expecting anything of myself since I'd shredded my legs and back pretty thoroughly on Saturday, but it went pretty well. Unfortunately, there was a long-ish descent right before the finish, and I got caught there by two women I'd passed. Looking forward to getting my geared bike this week!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:01 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

The new bike has landed. Saturday's race is going to be rad!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:50 am 
WELFARIST!

Purty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

! Gorgeous bike, JoPa.
What is it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:51 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

It's a Niner, specifically their carbon cross bike. Looking very forward to racing it on Saturday!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:11 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

It's gorgeous! I love the colors. How does it ride?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:11 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Well, I only got to ride it for about an hour, and then I got sick on the weekend and didn't get to race. That hour was pretty sweet, though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:51 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

buttercup wrote:
You guys, I really feel like a bicycle badass. I went on my first group ride AND off-road adventure and it was SO COOL (and hard. definitely had to walk a few parts). Sometimes I don't feel like a Real Cyclist because I don't have clipless pedals and don't want to race, but I am, dammit!

sweet whered you ride? being a real cyclist doesnt need to mean racing or clipless anything. as long as you are having fun then you are doing it right.

jordanpattern wrote:

The new bike has landed. Saturday's race is going to be rad!

That runup looks brutal! and the new bike looks badass!!!! howd the racing go this weekend on the new rig?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

My four year old daughter is doing her first kids cyclocross race this weekend! She's been practicing at parks and is almost as excited as I am. I'll try to post pics!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:55 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

So exciting! Is she racing Saturday or Sunday? I'll be racing one of those days, but I'm not sure which yet.

Eric, no racing for me last weekend, because I got sick. I'll be racing the new rig at the Crusades this weekend, though. Not my favorite course, but it should still be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:24 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Cool, good luck with your race! I'm working tomorrow so she's doing the kid race on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

mooo wrote:
My four year old daughter is doing her first kids cyclocross race this weekend! She's been practicing at parks and is almost as excited as I am. I'll try to post pics!

AWESOME!!

jordanpattern wrote:
Eric, no racing for me last weekend, because I got sick. I'll be racing the new rig at the Crusades this weekend, though. Not my favorite course, but it should still be fun.

bummer :(( good luck this weekend!~ how many different courses/weeks are there in the Crusade series?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:40 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Thanks! There are 8 races in the Crusade, 3 double-header weekends and two single-race weekends. There are less this year than in past years, and I'm kind of bummed that it's really only 5 weekends of racing, since I'm not allowed to race both races this weekend, missing one double header, and not sure if I'll be able to go out of town for the third double header. Our cross season is actually over as of Dec. 4, which seems early.

ANYWAY!

Good luck to S at Kiddie Cross!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Well, we're supposed to get up to 2 inches of rain tomorrow afternoon, so my race should be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

ohh got yah. are there any other series/events other than those around your parts?

missed out on going down to Charm City CX to race/watch the C1 UCI field last weekend due to a wedding but it looked like an awesome race.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

Eric. wrote:
buttercup wrote:
You guys, I really feel like a bicycle badass. I went on my first group ride AND off-road adventure and it was SO COOL (and hard. definitely had to walk a few parts). Sometimes I don't feel like a Real Cyclist because I don't have clipless pedals and don't want to race, but I am, dammit!

sweet whered you ride? being a real cyclist doesnt need to mean racing or clipless anything. as long as you are having fun then you are doing it right.

Boxer's trail! It was that Team Laser Cats ride that ended with a fire in the Belmont.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97