| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2101, 2102, 2103, 2104, 2105, 2106, 2107, 2108  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:11 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

haha, thanks BAD!

I'm working on my resume today because I am tiiiiired of upper management who has NO CLUE what I do at my job everyday telling me that I don't need the things I'm asking for to do my job.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:11 pm 

haha, thanks BAD!

I'm working on my resume today because I am tiiiiired of upper management who has NO CLUE what I do at my job everyday telling me that I don't need the things I'm asking for to do my job.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:27 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have an MIR schedule today... and I cannot remember if my tubal ligation used metal or plastic clips. Surely they wouldn't be magnetic right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:18 am 
Total Hoover

B_A_D wrote:
I have an MIR schedule today... and I cannot remember if my tubal ligation used metal or plastic clips. Surely they wouldn't be magnetic right?

Surely that would be on your medical notes? But it would make sense to not surgically implant any magnetic metal into people now there is a possibility that some of them will be getting MRIs, so hopefully the standard clips are safe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:42 am 
Cranky

My Essure springs are metal, but they gave me a card that specifies what kinds of MRIs are safe (anything non pelvis, basically).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yah I know other people who got cards and things for metal detectors and what not. I am assuming since I have no such hard, that they must be safe or made of a non reactive metal. I am going to mention it just in case.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:11 pm 
Hip Goiter

I THOUGHT ALL LITTLE SECRETS WERE VEGAN.

ANGER FACE ANGER FACE.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:06 pm 

I offered to make dessert for a party and asked about any allergies and then was told about someone there who has some pretty severe food restrictions, but I am totally up for the challenge. I got sent the list of foods she can have and it's basically completely grain free, no dairy, some fruits ok (but no dates), some nuts ok and the only sweetener she can have is honey! So, I feel pretty smart for what I came up with, a raw banana cream tart.
For the crust, I ground pistachios and raisins together.
To sweeten the filling I boiled raisins with apple juice and pureed them and added them to cashews, banana, coconut oil, coconut milk. It might need to stay frozen, but I feel pretty good about this!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:48 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've been on this forum for just over three years now.
I mostly use it at work.

SOMEHOW, I have never gotten in trouble. Web use is kind of ignored around here, but when Tofulish's avatar is wandering free. . . I mean. . .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Haha!
A long long time ago, when I worked in a very open concept office, I had avatars disabled. It was really confusing to keep track of who was saying what. Now I just live dangerously.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

Quote:
I'm having trouble coming to terms with these things also, very specifically the fact that I really should get my eyes checked. The frequency with which I get headaches are indicative of needing glasses, or having a brain parasite.

Aw, yeah, sounds like glasses would benefit both of us. I'm coming to terms with needing them. Both my parents have poor eyesight, so it was only a matter of time. Or it could be a brain parasite! (I do stupidly worry that I'll go to the doctor, and they'll say, "Oh no, you don't have [minor problem]. What you have is [serious fatal disease]!")[/quote]

Both me and my dad have poor eyesight, but I really hope that my son won’t have any eyesight issues. I wore glasses before I turned 16, and after that I started wearing contacts. I did canthotomy when I was 18, so my vision started getting worse since then. Now I’m thinking about laser eye surgery; I’ve found a good clinic, it seems to have quite a nice feedback: http://benconnell.com.au/ , but I have to admit I’m still scared. :) Are there any people you know who did eye surgery? How long does it take to fully recover after it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:51 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I have been Not In The Christmas Mood this year, which...normally I love Christmas, but this year has been spectacularly craptastic so I've just not been into it. But yesterday was my anniversary and we went out for dinner and all of a sudden my Christmas Spirit™ appeared. So happy forking holidays, PPK.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:55 am 
Saggy Butt

Sounds like a nice cake with the bananas and all :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It is so quiet today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so bored, you guys. I don't know what to do without the ppk. I'm afraid I might actually become a productive member of society.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:36 pm 

raspberry, don't say that! If you do then I might have to as well!

I think we all left the forums too quickly. It's still here! We could've had the last couple months of ppking! I'm not leaving again until Isa locks me out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:48 am 
BAD PASS

I have hated my hair since I had it chopped off so I could even out my undercut. I felt like a matronly, style-less, boring lame-o. My hair had no specific way it could be styled, and if I kept swooping it over the way I did when the non-undercut part was long, there was a piece in the back that stuck up like Alfalfa. If I parted it more centrally, it looked like a slightly crooked, unfashionable wig.

It's finally starting to grow a little, and this morning I lost my mind and parted it down the middle and cut some teeny tiny bangs so it can grow naturally into the short black banged bob I have had on and off since I was 16. I might even kind of LIKE my hair now! Whoo hoo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:41 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I can't stand that MSNBC is mostly videos, not written stories.
I want to read my news.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:52 pm 

I'm making a concerted effort to make my workdays happier. I brought a plant to my desk, rearranged things and hung some art, and I've got lots of podcasts queued up. So far, so good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

paprikapapaya wrote:
I'm making a concerted effort to make my workdays happier. I brought a plant to my desk, rearranged things and hung some art, and I've got lots of podcasts queued up. So far, so good.

Podcasts are one of my main coping strategies at work right now. I can only listen in one ear as I also answer phones and need to listen for incoming information, but having something to listen to that isn't just the whir of electronics and with a smattering of my coworkers on the phone, is super helpful.

I have to work on making my desk a happier space.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:14 pm 
BAD PASS

I've been in the new house for a month now, and... the locks stink. The deadbolt on the front door just doesn't turn at all. This isn't a huge problem, because the other lock works and I keep the screen door locked (I don't really use that door much since the garage is in the back). But I realized yesterday that my back door doesn't lock at all, unless I pull it really hard from the inside (and I have a hell of a time getting it UNlocked afterward). But I discovered I can't lock it from the outside at all! All this time I thought I was locking it, the lock was turned, but it wasn't catching the door (does that make sense?). So the knob doesn't turn, but you can just push the door open from the outside and get right in!

Anyway. I have a locksmith coming today after work, but I have no idea how much this might cost, so I'm nervous.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You can always find out what they estimate before you let them start work? Can you phone them before they come to find out if they will give a free estimate and how much (if anything) their call-out fee is?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

Podcasts are one of my main coping strategies at work right now. I can only listen in one ear as I also answer phones and need to listen for incoming information, but having something to listen to that isn't just the whir of electronics and with a smattering of my coworkers on the phone, is super helpful.

I have to work on making my desk a happier space.

Yep, yep! I would hate to work where I am at the moment if I wasn't allowed to listen to something (usually music, but sometimes podcasts) to drown out my co-workers jabbering about sports. They seriously spend at least 1/4 of the day going on and on and on about football, on a bank of 6 desks I am the only person not interested in this subject.

In addition to headphones I have started bringing a huge variety of teas to work, so if they get too raucous and I'm not able to drown them out I just go off to the kitchen area and spend a nice long time deciding what flavour of tea to try this time. It also means I get to go to the bathroom more frequently.

It seems like a damn shame to have to be eking my way through the work day like this, it's not a long-term strategy but it will have to do for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:40 pm 
BAD PASS

I don't mind the call-out fee. I'm glad to have a professional look at them to determine what needs to be done. Either there's something minor that can be done to make them work, or they have to change them (or a third option?). But I feel like they need to check it out to know for sure. I will definitely ask for an estimate before any work begins, though!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

There was some delicious vegan tempeh and tofu Indonesian dish for lunch at the canteen today. As I was filling my plate I overheard someone who looked at the description and said "No way, I'm getting the steak." Go away! More tempeh for me!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2101, 2102, 2103, 2104, 2105, 2106, 2107, 2108  Next