| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:50 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

This is a place to post when your kitty does something bad. I'll start.

Fizz has to take some meds for his tummy and the vet didn't have the medication in liquid form for syringes. Day 5, he figured out how to pretend he swallowed the pill! Then he would wind up biting it and his mouth would start foaming and he'd get gross rabid drool everywhere. Bad kitty.

Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:55 pm 
A Bad Person

Genghis likes to drink MBM's water straight out of the cup.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I put a christmas tree up this year for the first time in years, this morning it was laying on the floor in 2 pieces. Both cats were just looking at it like, Wth???

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:23 pm 
Semen Strong

Carlito was neutered as an adult, so he still likes to grab our blankets and carefully make sweet love to it.

Veto only humps my partner's forearms. He likes to bite Brett's wrist and then make him his bisque.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:49 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My two bigger, older cats are being so mean to the new kitten.
Today Kissa (the new kitten) was under the couch and Puddles (one of the older ones) was standing nearby and came and sat directly next to where Kissa poked a paw out and started hissing. I had to bring her up to my room. Bad kitty!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:49 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

lately, my cat has started doing the one bad thing that always annoyed me most but which she hasn't done in about ten years: she'll climb up onto my desk or the windowsill behind it where i keep my pens and paper clips and whatnot, and she'll slowly and deliberately knock things onto the floor. she got up into my lap last night and started trying to drag the keyboard off the desk while i was still typing, and i've caught her trying to knock the computer mouse onto the floor. she used to do this all the time when she wanted attention, or if we were in my bedroom with the door closed and she wanted me to let her out, but then she stopped completely. i'm not sure why she's started again now. it seems like she does it when she wants new food (not when she's out of food, mind you, because she is never out of food; after a little while she decides that the food in her dish is no good anymore and she wants something fresh). she does resent the computer a lot since i started working at home. it's almost like a little kid acting up when a new sibling enters the household.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:00 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My Christmas tree looks like it went through a hurricane. Three times yesterday I caught Tristan shimmying up the trunk of the tree trying to reach the star at the top. Also, he likes to break ornaments and then hide the pieces of glass UNDER carpets.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:16 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Kramer will jump on my head in the morning until he wakes me up to feed him. If I resist, he stands on the floor, drives his claws into the mattress and shakes the bed. Really! If this fails, he will start to hurl things off the dresser onto the floor... one thing at a time until I get out of bed. VERY bad kitty!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:41 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tofulish wrote:
Carlito was neutered as an adult, so he still likes to grab our blankets and carefully make sweet love to it.

Monchichi was neutered the day after I found him getting a little too cozy with a crocheted blanket. Thing is HE STILL DOES IT nine years later. It all starts out as an innocent session of biscuit making (or as it's known around here "mookie dancing"), and then it gets a little intense, and little more intense, then he's being indecent with our blanket! It ends with him licking his naughty bits. It's all very disturbing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

brian wrote:

Mercedes refuses to drink out of her bowl, I have to pour her a glass. And then she goes for everyone else's. She'd rather die of thirst than to drink out of the bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

IsaChandra wrote:
This is a place to post when your kitty does something bad. I'll start.

Fizz has to take some meds for his tummy and the vet didn't have the medication in liquid form for syringes. Day 5, he figured out how to pretend he swallowed the pill! Then he would wind up biting it and his mouth would start foaming and he'd get gross rabid drool everywhere. Bad kitty.

You can try putting the pill in a veggie gelatin capsule. No taste means no foaming. I also recommend using a pillar so you can get the pill to the back of the throat without Fizz tasting your fingers. Without taste, the whole episode becomes a small "what the heck? Oh well" episode Instead of "ohmigod I can't get this awful taste out of my mouth, I feel sick." Plus, if you have more than one med to give (I hope not), you can get by with just one dosing event.

I hope Fizz feels better soon. I'm dealing with tummy issues with Tammy-cat and have to dose her with Cerenia.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:34 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Shy Mox wrote:
brian wrote:

Mercedes refuses to drink out of her bowl, I have to pour her a glass. And then she goes for everyone else's. She'd rather die of thirst than to drink out of the bowl.

Yep. Luna will drink out of the dog's water bowl, the bathtub when we're done showering, and she used to drink out of the sink until she realized we were filling it with water for her benefit.

Luna recently discovered how to turn the lights on and off in Chris's room. She's almost figured out how to open doors.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

IsaChandra wrote:
Day 5, he figured out how to pretend he swallowed the pill!

That's one scary smart cat!

Mine would just try to take your hand off if you were crazy enough to try to make her swallow a pill. She prefers that we crush them to a powder and hide in a bit of mashed potatoes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:02 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Maynard wakes me up twice each and every night, either by pawing at my face, pulling on my hair, or licking me. The hair pulling is the worst. He has been doing this since March. Bad kitty!

Olivia, the new cat in town, has discovered if I am asleep and she curls up with me, it drives Maynard insane and he must absolutely pounce on her, at which point they have an intense play session - on top of me - in the middle of the night. Bad kitties!

Also, in the last month, a flower pot, a beautiful candle holder, and a plate have been broken by said kitties. It's a good thing I love them more than life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:06 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My cats have destroyed my Christmas tree. There is a huge hole in one side from them dive bombing off the couch and half the ornaments are broken. All the bottom braches are snapped off and or chewed on and the lights are definitely not where I hung them.

I changed to new litter, World's Best and the smallest kitty Artemis started to eat the litter. *face palm*

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 am 

rabidchild wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Monchichi was neutered the day after I found him getting a little too cozy with a crocheted blanket. Thing is HE STILL DOES IT nine years later. It all starts out as an innocent session of biscuit making (or as it's known around here "mookie dancing"), and then it gets a little intense, and little more intense, then he's being indecent with our blanket! It ends with him licking his naughty bits. It's all very disturbing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Other kitties do this? Everybody I ever mentioned this to thought I was making it up. My Loki does this! Does that mean he was neutered late in life? He was adopted, and already neutered when he moved in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 am 

my cats chased each other up an arm chair in the middle of the night and knocked it over. It's not a little chair either, I heard a loud noise and jumped out of bed and saw the chair laying in the floor.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:50 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Aidan is an absolute wizard when it comes to getting into places he shouldn't -- he easily opens and roots around in all cabinets, he's able to squeeze his paws underneath any full-size door and pull out hard enough to unlatch it, etc.

I currently sleep in a partially finished attic. Yesterday morning, he unlatched my bedroom/attic door, lumbered up 2 flights of stairs, ran across the room, and jumped on my face yowling and yelling because he had, in his mind, run out of food. He just screams and screams as soon as his food bowl gets to be under about 1/4 full -- he'll seriously start meowing and protesting as soon as he's taken the single bite that takes the amount of food in his bowl under the acceptable level. He weighs about 20 pounds, so it's not like he's gonna starve to death if isn't fed until I get up for work.

He also humps the dog and pees on basically everything. Bad kitty!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:30 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Fizz has diarrhea and can't make it to the litter box in time. Damn. We got a pill dropper and it's been working so hopefully this will clear up soon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:45 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I can't keep my door open anymore when I go to sleep otherwise Artemis will do laps around my bed all night and scratch at the corner of the mattress. I cannot for the life of me get her to stop. I put up sticky tape to deter her, she ripped it off, got it into a ball and batted it around. I tried putting her scratching post at one corner and she moved to the other one.

She also likes to jump up on the coffee table, kitchen counters, my dresser, crawl into drawers and toss out underwear. She is a very bad kitty.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 am 
Saggy Butt

Location: A little cabin in the woods of the Willamette Valley
this morning, fatty fat fat edgar jumped on my face from the window above our bed, woke me up at 6am with a bloody, scratched up nose, in a misguided attempt to get me to give him wet food.

tonight we're cuddling and purring up a storm. mom can't hold grudges about her fuzzy babies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:28 am 

Momo wrote:
I changed to new litter, World's Best and the smallest kitty Artemis started to eat the litter. *face palm*

ALL THREE of my homies (2 cats and dog) were eating the litter for a bit there. It was a puke fest and it took me a few days to figure out what it was.

I was going to complain about the cats climbing on the table to eat the roses lately, but that's nothing compared to the rest of your stories.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:31 pm 
Semen Strong

Clearly all our kitties need a spanking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:19 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
Clearly all our kitties need a spanking.

See what I started?!

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:44 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

Among the myriad horrible things my cat does...the worst has got to be his venetian blind chewing habit. So. Annoying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next