| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:54 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Angus puked and shiitake in the middle of the living room floor at the same time on Friday night.

While I was cleaning it up the hound was in the kitchen eating a pair of my knickers (literally, she swallowed nearly half).

Bad kitty, bad doggie!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:10 pm 
Dead by dawn

fezza wrote:
Angus puked and shiitake in the middle of the living room floor at the same time on Friday night.

While I was cleaning it up the hound was in the kitchen eating a pair of my knickers (literally, she swallowed nearly half).

Bad kitty, bad doggie!

This just makes me wonder what fezza's knickers were doing in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:21 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

monkeytoes wrote:
fezza wrote:

Bad kitty, bad doggie!

This just makes me wonder what fezza's knickers were doing in the kitchen.

Ha! My washing machine is in there and it was laundry day. She ate the crotch clean off, seems vegans really do taste better (ack!).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:08 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Millie needed to get somewhere in a hurry this morning, and apparently the quickest route involved jumping on both of our faces. Bad kitty!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Gizmo jumped on my laptop after using the litterbox, smeared poop all over my keyboard, and then grabbed my hand and scratched and bit it when I tried to clean it up. Bad kitty.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:20 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Muffin-Tuffin wrote:
Among the myriad horrible things my cat does...the worst has got to be his venetian blind chewing habit. So. Annoying.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/nikki-jazz/PC190877.jpg

Cat or Velociraptor? I wonder...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:24 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

my cat dragged a dangler across the crushed-velvet sofa in the middle of the night, and i spent 30 minutes trying to scrape dried poop out of the fabric with a dry scrub sponge. she usually does a little scoot as soon as she gets out of the box if anything is stuck, and i wake up to crepe tracks on the kitchen floor. it's not the best way to wake up, but at least the clean-up is straightforward. even though i'm kind of impressed that she managed to walk all the way across the apartment and jump on the furniture without shaking this one loose, i really wish she hadn't done it. bad kitty.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

A number of years ago I got a tiny little table-top Xmas tree and Bijou (a notorious plant muncher) promptly dragged it off the table and destroyed it. I've not had a tree in all the years since. I though a fake tree wouldn't be as fascinating, so when my sister offered her old one I accepted.

Yesterday I came home to find bits of green plastic puked up all over the house. Bijou apparently spent the day chewing plastic needles off the bottom branches and then regurgitating them everywhere. It's not like she did it once, she keeps going back for more, even after I sprayed the tree with bitter-apple. She creeps up to the tree when she thinks I'm not looking, because she knows I'm going to yell at her, but it's like she's got this compulsion and can't help herself. Either that or she's evil. She also shredded the tree skirt the first night it was up. This is why we can't have nice things.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:17 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Gozer throws up everywhere, on everything. And if he pukes once, he's gonna puke twice. So you might as well get ready.

Not only that, but he likes to puke on anything but hard floor (that's easy to clean). The rugs. The carpet in my bedroom. My couch. My bed, especially if I forget to make it so he can puke on several covers at once instead of just the top sheet, so I get to wash EVERYTHING.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

Sra. Nooch wrote:
Muffin-Tuffin wrote:
Among the myriad horrible things my cat does...the worst has got to be his venetian blind chewing habit. So. Annoying.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/nikki-jazz/PC190877.jpg

Cat or Velociraptor? I wonder...

Neither, he is a demon sent from hell.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

My kitties have stopped burying their poop for no apparent reason, meaning the house gets really smelly immediately. I haven't changed their litter routine at all and have no idea why this is happening. They also love to rub their butts everywhere and get on the tables when they think I'm not looking (naturally, the only places they aren't allowed to go).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I made dinner the other night, and left the lid off the pan, which was apparently an invitation for the cats to play broccoli soccer.

They've also discovered the sport of Christmas tree climbing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:58 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

bur wrote:
My kitties have stopped burying their poop for no apparent reason, meaning the house gets really smelly immediately. I haven't changed their litter routine at all and have no idea why this is happening. They also love to rub their butts everywhere and get on the tables when they think I'm not looking (naturally, the only places they aren't allowed to go).

i read somewhere that if there are multiple cats, the dominant cat will never bury its business, and if you have only one cat and that cat still refuses to cover things up, your cat is pretty sure it owns you. i don't know if that's true or not, but it made me stop and think about some things when my cat suddenly started leaving her work exposed. she's gone back to burying recently, though, so all is well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 am 
Shopped till she dropped

My roommate's cat, Mitts is locked in my roommate's room for the rest of the night until I go to bed.

Fred (BF) and I were prepping Christmas dinner, and she was constantly underfoot. I have a little crappy table in the window of the kitchen. Mitts loves to sit there and watch the people in the building. She jumped up on the table while we weren't looking and knocked over a glass of wine. The glass shattered. She was shut up in C's room for that. After a while, I let her out, because she wasn't really doing anything wrong, just being a cat.

Then, an hour or so after I let her out the first time, she was sitting on the table again. I was sitting on the chair next to her. I pointed at Fred and said something to the cat about attacking his feet (she totally loves this, and as long as she isn't really hurting anyone, we allow it). Seemingly out of nowhere, she reached up and swiped at my eye. Thankfully, she didn't use her claws, but I grabbed her and put her back in the bedroom.

Admittedly, I had been pestering her tonight. But not really any more than usual. She's lashed out before, but never attacked anyone's face. I'm not a cat person, my roommate is. But she's out of town for the holidays, and I don't know what to do with Mitts in the meantime. Most of the time, she's crazy, but typically in an awesome/cute way. I don't really feel it's my place to discipline her, since it isn't my cat. Is this standard behavior? I've been around a lot of cats, but never one that did something like this.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:35 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

kara kara wrote:
My roommate's cat, Mitts is locked in my roommate's room for the rest of the night until I go to bed.

Fred (BF) and I were prepping Christmas dinner, and she was constantly underfoot. I have a little crappy table in the window of the kitchen. Mitts loves to sit there and watch the people in the building. She jumped up on the table while we weren't looking and knocked over a glass of wine. The glass shattered. She was shut up in C's room for that. After a while, I let her out, because she wasn't really doing anything wrong, just being a cat.

Then, an hour or so after I let her out the first time, she was sitting on the table again. I was sitting on the chair next to her. I pointed at Fred and said something to the cat about attacking his feet (she totally loves this, and as long as she isn't really hurting anyone, we allow it). Seemingly out of nowhere, she reached up and swiped at my eye. Thankfully, she didn't use her claws, but I grabbed her and put her back in the bedroom.

Admittedly, I had been pestering her tonight. But not really any more than usual. She's lashed out before, but never attacked anyone's face. I'm not a cat person, my roommate is. But she's out of town for the holidays, and I don't know what to do with Mitts in the meantime. Most of the time, she's crazy, but typically in an awesome/cute way. I don't really feel it's my place to discipline her, since it isn't my cat. Is this standard behavior? I've been around a lot of cats, but never one that did something like this.

maybe she's acting up because her person is gone? i had a roommate once who was a petsitter, and she was often gone for two or three weeks out of the month. when she got a kitten, he was so confused and upset about her constant disappearances and reappearances that he would pee on her bed and the bathroom mat whenever she came back from petsitting, and sometimes for the first couple of days after she left. he was a good kitty otherwise, though. eventually he decided i was his person, and we all stopped caring where roommate was.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:47 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

acr wrote:
bur wrote:

i read somewhere that if there are multiple cats, the dominant cat will never bury its business, and if you have only one cat and that cat still refuses to cover things up, your cat is pretty sure it owns you. i don't know if that's true or not, but it made me stop and think about some things when my cat suddenly started leaving her work exposed. she's gone back to burying recently, though, so all is well.

Hmm. My cat is the only cat, and she totally does not bury. I'm fairly sure she does own me, so that makes sense.

She also likes to wake me up between 4 and 7 am every day by digging her claws into my face. She broke pieces of the blinds right off. She found a package of brand new sparkly tights, chewed right through the package and then made several holes in them. When I walk by the couch, she likes to be waiting on it so she can jump at me as I walk past. She climbs my legs. More fun when I'm wearing delicate tights, of course. She'll try and look cute and innocent and I'll reach over and pet her and she'll bite me, hard. She will eat any human food left out (and "out" means not in the fridge or closed cupboard, because everything else is fair game, and she will chew through plastic).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:20 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

^ your cat is very much like mine!!!

I just wanted a cuddly kitty :( Luckily we had a present come in a huge box for xmas and he is quite preoccupied with it. He loves to jump out of it at unsuspecting passersby.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Benjamin has now taken to over-enthusiastic poop burying...I just changed his litter this afternoon, and over the course of an hour he has shoved about half the litter out of the box and onto the floor. where he then pooped. *sigh* he then rolls over and looks all cute when I try to explain poop and litter to him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The cats made a comfortable bed out of the several aluminum foils sheets intended to be a deterrent from getting on the futon where the kitten had been peeing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:58 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

This thread makes me realize that my cat is apparently REALLY well-behaved. Her only real kitty sin is that she hates drinking from her bowl and only likes to drink from the bathtub faucet or cups or water. That in itself isn't so bad, but she has a tendency to drink so much at once that she makes herself sick and throws up.

Otherwise she's a little feline angel.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:20 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Where does one begin? Elmer chases the dog. Relentlessly. She has been seen in Karma's crate, preventing the poor thing from going inside. She steals-laundry, money, straws from your beverage, everything. keeping her out of the fridge/cabinet/oven dishwasher is a full time job. If she weren't so cute when she sleeps I'd give up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Muffin-Tuffin wrote:

Winston was doing this in my last apartment, but only to my roommate's bedroom blinds. So weird. It took me a bit to figure out that they were kitty-teethmarks.

In my new apartment (well, new since June), he's decided that sitting up on his hind legs and pawing frantically at the closet door with his front paws is an awesome way to wake me up in the morning. I thought he was hungry, but after a while of it, I think he's bored. My other cat, Snickers, is a lazy slob who will sleep all day and all night, instead of running around with Winston and entertaining him. So now I'm trying to get him to at least wait for the alarm clock to go off before he starts in on his closet door drumming wake up call!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:15 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Pigeon's favorite hobby is self-induced dutch ovening. She's like a ticking stink bomb. I'm afraid to pick her up, because anytime I do, I swear I'm squeezing a cloud of funk out of her.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:31 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

mel c wrote:
Pigeon's favorite hobby is self-induced dutch ovening. She's like a ticking stink bomb. I'm afraid to pick her up, because anytime I do, I swear I'm squeezing a cloud of funk out of her.

That happened with Basil the first few months we had her! I think it just took her some time to adjust to her new food.

Today I put a fresh roll of toilet paper out and Cooper already ripped it to shreds. Yay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

1) Found: one lone nugget of poo on our bed.

2) Ty (the suspect, since we have 3 and cant be for sure) threw up on our computer chair.

3) All 3 cats have been using my expensive king sized bed pillow top mattress as a scratching post.

We tell the cats how lucky they are to have such awesome parents (yes, parents) to put up with this bullshiitake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next