| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Liquid foundation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:59 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I searched but couldn't find an existing thread for this.

I love liquid foundation and am running out of my non-vegan stuff (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra) and I need a replacement. I like a medium to full coverage, I have good skin but I like a really porcelain doll-like complexion. Mineral powder just doesn't cut it.

What do you guys use?

Post subject: Re: Liquid foundation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hmm, I want to know as well. I have two tubes of Clinique that do a great job, but is it vegan? I know they don't test but I would like something I know for sure is vegan. I guess it's maybe about experimenting at the make up counter or in your health food store if you want something really natural. What I have been doing if I need something new is make a list of all the different brands that have the vegan stuff I need, then go to Sephora or dept store and just try a few of them to see which one I liked the best. I have easy skin though, never break out from anything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I'm just about to move on to liquid as well! I was going to buy zuzu luxe very soon. Will report back. I love their powder stuff -- great coverage and blending.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:28 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Smashbox has a few vegan liquid foundations. I also like Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics and Face Atelier a lot.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:23 pm 
Saggy Butt

i really like the zuzu luxe and face atelier liquid foundations.
i tried them out at first with samples from whiterabbitbeauty.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:43 pm 
Spent a summer in Brisbane, hated it

I use Smashbox Sheer Focus tinted moisturizer. I switched from the mineral foundation (UD and Bare Escentuals). I love the coverage of the moisturizer and will not use anything from now on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lindsayh wrote:
i really like the zuzu luxe and face atelier liquid foundations.
i tried them out at first with samples from whiterabbitbeauty.com

I was just gonna say you can sample from there! I'm about to order some Zuzu Luxe foundation samples. I like mineral powders but I'd like to get a liquid foundation I can take to the gym and stuff, powders are too messy for that.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:16 pm 
Chip Strong

I have an ELF one coming, if it's any good I'll let you guys know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:31 am 
Chip Strong

UPDATE: My foundation came on Friday. It's this one:
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face ... foundation

It's not bad for $6! I use an egg shaped sponge for liquid foundation (like a BeautyBlender, or the Sonia Kashuk knock off they sell at Target, or one of the similar styles from Sephora) and it seems to go on and blend pretty well. It has sunscreen and the finish is nice and matte. E.L.F has a lot of sales and promos so you could probably end up spending even less than $6 on it if you order at the right time. Recommended!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I have been using Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 from Stila and love love love it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:34 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I've been using Urban Decay's Urban Defense, a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 and I like it pretty well. I do a little mineral powder over it to get that porcelain doll look.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P263506&categoryId=B70

ETA:
http://www.urbandecay.com/vegan.cfm#Face

Sephora didn't say anything about it being vegan, so I went to the Urban Decay site to confirm. I confirmed before I bought it, but I'm always rechecking things, especially with the eyeshadow primer that shall not be named.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:50 am 
Naked Under Apron

I usually use Origins Stay Tuned, and I like it, but only for half the year. It's kind of shiny, so in the winter it works well because my skin is dryer, but in the summer it makes me look like a greaseball.

I ran out recently though and only have an Ulta near me so I bought Stila Natural Finish Oil-Free Makeup. This is actually my first day using it, but so far so good! The downside is that it's pricey ($38!)- almost twice as much as the Origins.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'd like to try a liquid foundation too, I don't think I'm 100% happy with Inika mineral powder and I've been using it for years.

The ELF site here only has powder not liquid which is a shame.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm going to try and get some Inika liquid foundation today if the store is open. I would like to try Zuzu Luxe but I don't want to buy it without trying the colour on first.

What non-vegan ingredients should I be looking for in liquid foundation? Couleur Caramel have some vegan products but I'm not sure about the foundation cream, ingredient list here or the liquid foundation, ingredients list here. They use squalene but it's from olives, is anything else I should look for before buying?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:27 pm 

Just an update - I purchased the FACE Atelier liquid foundation and wow - it's fantastic! Wonderful coverage and a little goes along way. I've found my go-to brand for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

paprikapapaya wrote:
Just an update - I purchased the FACE Atelier liquid foundation and wow - it's fantastic! Wonderful coverage and a little goes along way. I've found my go-to brand for sure.

did you find it hard to get the right shade? I was thinking of sampling this but wasn't sure if I should get the zero minus and plus stuff to sample too.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:52 pm 

It looks like amazing stuff, but I am hesitant to try that just from looking at the shades online and picking one, it's quite pricey. Foundation I think is really something you need to try on because one shade lighter or darker can make a huge difference. I even bought the wrong shade after trying it on in the store. I wish I could sample this brand where I live.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:21 pm 

I think it's worth getting samples of it, which you can do from whiterabbitbeauty.com.
I didn't, but that's because I am always just the lightest shade of any brand, heh. Makes it pretty easy for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:33 pm 
Saggy Butt

Location: A little cabin in the woods of the Willamette Valley
^^^ 90% of the time i'm the palest shade unless it's too pink
i'm gonna give this brand a try since it seems like we both go for that same porcelain doll look.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:53 pm 

Oh cool, I will get some samples then, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:06 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

paprikapapaya wrote:

YAY, they're a great brand.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I bought Inika liquid foundation, it's lovely on and doesn't feel sticky or greasy at all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:56 am 
Chip Strong

paprikapapaya wrote:

which one did you get from FACE Atelier? I'm looking on whiterabbitbeauty.com and I see a couple different types.

ETA: whoops, I looked again and it looks like the same formula in a regular package and a pro package. I might splurge on this when I run out of my current foundation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:10 pm 

Lixa wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

which one did you get from FACE Atelier? I'm looking on whiterabbitbeauty.com and I see a couple different types.

ETA: whoops, I looked again and it looks like the same formula in a regular package and a pro package. I might splurge on this when I run out of my current foundation.

Yup, same thing. It's totally worth the splurge, I have been using it for a few days now and I am so impressed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:12 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

la vie sale wrote:
Hmm, I want to know as well. I have two tubes of Clinique that do a great job, but is it vegan? I know they don't test but I would like something I know for sure is vegan.

I emailed Clinique last night to ask about two products and they got back to me really quickly. If you ask via their site they have a little place to enter in all the ingredients in question and I just copy and pasted the loooong list from Cruelty Free Face, so I think I had everything covered. I was really pleased with the response.

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Clinique.

Very few animal derived raw materials are found in Clinique products. Animal ingredients are used only when their efficacy cannot be duplicated by any other source of ingredients. When an ingredient can be obtained from either animals or plants,we use the plant derived material.

We are pleased to advise that no animal-derived ingredients are used in any Origins formulations or products including our brushes. We believe in utilizing the wealth of plant materials available that deliver the same or similar benefits as animal-derived ingredients.

With regards to your inquiry:

- Superbalanced Makeup - Does Not Contain Animal Derived or Animal Related Ingredients
- Even Better Makeup - Does Not Contain Animal Derived or Animal Related Ingredients

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next