| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3893
Location: Graz, Austria
kittee wrote:
anyone want to do a cute hat knit along with me?
http://www.pickles.no/waffel-hat

i started a thread on ravelry for it...
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/ppk-knits-and-crochets/1428668/1-25
xo
kittee


Gosh, that looks really complicated!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:37 pm 
protein lump
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am
Posts: 2404
Location: providence via jersey
cute! i'll have to see if i have the right needles and some yarn.

_________________
I'm one of those vegans that cuts corners when it comes to things like breastfeeding and stabbing you in the face~Pranjal
That story would be adorable if it didn't end with herpes. ~Mo


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:45 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 pm
Posts: 1041
Location: chicagoland-ish suburbs
that hat is so gorgeous. i wish i could knit!

_________________
Gwyneth Paltrow: "I'm superstitious. Whenever I start a new movie I kill a hobo with a hammer."


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:54 am 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: Windmill Central
You guys, I am obsessed with this cardigan pattern! I want to make it, but a little longer like some of the versions I've seen on ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... t-cardigan

My problem is I don't knit enough to know what vegan yarn sub would be good. And I've never knit a real garment before. Could you guys help me out?

The pattern calls for "Malabrigo Yarn Lace," which is merino wool.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:55 am 
protein lump
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am
Posts: 2404
Location: providence via jersey
pickledtreats wrote:
You guys, I am obsessed with this cardigan pattern! I want to make it, but a little longer like some of the versions I've seen on ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... t-cardigan

My problem is I don't knit enough to know what vegan yarn sub would be good. And I've never knit a real garment before. Could you guys help me out?

The pattern calls for "Malabrigo Yarn Lace," which is merino wool.

you just need the same weight yarn. so any vegan lace weight yarn would be fine. for a sweater, i would use some sort of acrylic/nylon blend.

_________________
I'm one of those vegans that cuts corners when it comes to things like breastfeeding and stabbing you in the face~Pranjal
That story would be adorable if it didn't end with herpes. ~Mo


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 am 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7211
Location: Brasil
i like that. if maude louise kicks my asparagus again, i'll frog it and do your cardigan. i'm almost done knitting xmas ornaments so that will get kicked up the list.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:19 am 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: Windmill Central
torque wrote:
i like that. if maude louise kicks my asparagus again, i'll frog it and do your cardigan. i'm almost done knitting xmas ornaments so that will get kicked up the list.


Let me know when you plan on starting! We could try and knit it together. It will take me a while to track down some decent yarn (or rather the money to pay for it).


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:08 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Vienna
kittee wrote:
anyone want to do a cute hat knit along with me?
http://www.pickles.no/waffel-hat

i started a thread on ravelry for it...
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/ppk-knits-and-crochets/1428668/1-25
xo
kittee


I have that hat in my queue! I'm in!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:53 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
I just discovered that there was a PPK group on ravelry. I joined - pickledsj!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:35 am 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 am
Posts: 1750
Location: New Portleans
i'm gonna start the hat soon!
sometime this week.
xo
kittee

_________________
Cake Maker to the Stars

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 pm 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7211
Location: Brasil
Sarah-Jane wrote:
I just discovered that there was a PPK group on ravelry. I joined - pickledsj!

yeah, me too- tells you how often i check my account on ravelry! the groups been there for over a year and i never noticed! thanks for the heads up.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 pm 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7211
Location: Brasil
pickledtreats wrote:
torque wrote:
i like that. if maude louise kicks my asparagus again, i'll frog it and do your cardigan. i'm almost done knitting xmas ornaments so that will get kicked up the list.


Let me know when you plan on starting! We could try and knit it together. It will take me a while to track down some decent yarn (or rather the money to pay for it).

i looked at my maude louise cardigan yesterday, really looked honestly at it, and think i like your pattern better-- hell, i like anything better than that thing.
i do want to try something that's top down, but want to find something free........ i am going to see what i can find out there.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Last edited by torque on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:00 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 pm
Posts: 4183
Location: Vancouver Island
All of your creations are so lovely!

Esme, you are the knit ruler! Teach me your ways.

I wish I knew how to knit. I started a scarf almost 5 years ago and it's still sitting in a bag, needles attached, at the back of my closet.

_________________
tofulish wrote:
Human, the tastiest animal of all.


Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:35 pm 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7211
Location: Brasil
i am thinking about this http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... knit-cardi
only not the reverse stockinette. i have a nice dark grey that would look good in this, maybe a bit longer.

i also liked antipodes http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/antipodes but think it's a bit too complicated. also don't have anything strange to edge it with and that usually doesn't end well.

i looked at the project pages for both and hate to say that all the antipodes projects look like something i'd never wear in a million years. the pattern pics are so loose and floaty but i'm not a loose and floaty kind of girl... the project pics for allegoro look a little more realistic, so i think i am going to go with it.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 pm 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: Windmill Central
torque wrote:
i am thinking about this http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... knit-cardi
only not the reverse stockinette. i have a nice dark grey that would look good in this, maybe a bit longer.

i also liked antipodes http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/antipodes but think it's a bit too complicated. also don't have anything strange to edge it with and that usually doesn't end well.

i looked at the project pages for both and hate to say that all the antipodes projects look like something i'd never wear in a million years. the pattern pics are so loose and floaty but i'm not a loose and floaty kind of girl... the project pics for allegoro look a little more realistic, so i think i am going to go with it.


Those look cool! I'm still stuck on the other cardigan even if the pattern is 4.95. If I end up getting it I'll send you the PDF.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:08 am 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7211
Location: Brasil
ZOMG! I started it yesterday and what a freaking joy to work top down. and it looks so damn cool. someone here (can't remember who) told me that once you knit a top-down you never go back and i was too much of a dope to follow up.... wish i had!! that was what kept whipping me with the other cardigan was the joining.... now i don't have to worry.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 am 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: Windmill Central
torque wrote:
ZOMG! I started it yesterday and what a freaking joy to work top down. and it looks so damn cool. someone here (can't remember who) told me that once you knit a top-down you never go back and i was too much of a dope to follow up.... wish i had!! that was what kept whipping me with the other cardigan was the joining.... now i don't have to worry.


Wait, which one did you start? The one I mentioned or the free one you linked to?

I'm working on my first pair of mittens! They're a little sloppy, but I'm learning so much: magic loop, thumb gusset, increases, decreases, sizing it for myself. I found a bunch of free classes through the knitpicks site: http://www.knitpicks.com/Tutorials/Knit ... rials.html

After working these mittens I think I'll actually be able to tackle a pair of socks.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:13 am 
Tofu Pup
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:17 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Western Australia
pickledtreats wrote:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... t-cardigan

My problem is I don't knit enough to know what vegan yarn sub would be good. And I've never knit a real garment before. Could you guys help me out?

The pattern calls for "Malabrigo Yarn Lace," which is merino wool.


Featherweight seems like it would suit a yarn with a lot of drape, so something like bamboo or linen could also work.

_________________
ravelry | blog


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:36 am 
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7211
Location: Brasil
pickledtreats wrote:
Wait, which one did you start? The one I mentioned or the free one you linked to?

I'm working on my first pair of mittens! They're a little sloppy, but I'm learning so much: magic loop, thumb gusset, increases, decreases, sizing it for myself. I found a bunch of free classes through the knitpicks site: http://www.knitpicks.com/Tutorials/Knit ... rials.html

After working these mittens I think I'll actually be able to tackle a pair of socks.

The free one. I'm so predictable.

I miss making mittens. When the kid was little I made them like crazy. Thumb gusset, ah how i miss you!!

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 am 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Posts: 1704
Location: Windmill Central
I just finished my first mitten and it's sloppy and weird looking, but I learned so much! Kitchener stitch succccks.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:20 pm 
protein lump
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am
Posts: 2404
Location: providence via jersey
pickledtreats wrote:
Kitchener stitch succccks.

i always have to look up the first few stitches because i can never remember how to do it, but i think it makes the seam so much nicer than sewing. i'd rather finish with a kitchener than anything else. and i like the repetitive-ness of it.

anyway, finished socks:
the long-awaited for penispoocakewafflesocks
Image

see the tiny wangs? they're hard (ba dum!) to see in black. i probably should have swapped the colors. oh well.
Image

and these... they're supposed to look like an hourglass, but they didn't really come out nicely with stripey yarn. they look a lot better in pictures where people used solid. oh well. they're not for me.
Image

right now i'm finishing up some space invaders socks that are awe.some. they're going to my ex's girlfriend for christmas. but i sort of want to keep them for myself.

_________________
I'm one of those vegans that cuts corners when it comes to things like breastfeeding and stabbing you in the face~Pranjal
That story would be adorable if it didn't end with herpes. ~Mo


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:26 pm 
Semen Strong
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18627
Location: Cliffbar NJ
I love the penispoocakewafflesocks so hard! You're so talented! Three great tastes in one single sock. and poo. Genius!

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 pm 
protein lump
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 am
Posts: 2404
Location: providence via jersey
Tofulish wrote:
Three great tastes in one single sock. and poo.

this made me laugh so hard.

_________________
I'm one of those vegans that cuts corners when it comes to things like breastfeeding and stabbing you in the face~Pranjal
That story would be adorable if it didn't end with herpes. ~Mo


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 pm 
Naked Under Apron
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 1690
Location: Ravenclaw Tower
esme wrote:
pickledtreats wrote:
Kitchener stitch succccks.

i always have to look up the first few stitches because i can never remember how to do it, but i think it makes the seam so much nicer than sewing. i'd rather finish with a kitchener than anything else. and i like the repetitive-ness of it.

anyway, finished socks:
the long-awaited for penispoocakewafflesocks
Image

see the tiny wangs? they're hard (ba dum!) to see in black. i probably should have swapped the colors. oh well.
Image

and these... they're supposed to look like an hourglass, but they didn't really come out nicely with stripey yarn. they look a lot better in pictures where people used solid. oh well. they're not for me.
Image

right now i'm finishing up some space invaders socks that are awe.some. they're going to my ex's girlfriend for christmas. but i sort of want to keep them for myself.

I love your socks! I've never been good at making socks...

_________________
And we all learn a lesson - don't taste mystery batter off the floor - it could be toxic. -Petunia


Writing Praying Vegan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Stitch n bisque Thread!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:42 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Tachyon-coma, WA
My needle is the smaller kind: the sewing needle.

Image This is a giant clutch.
Image
I didn't like it so much right after I made it but now I want to cuddle it like a teddy bear while I sleep.

_________________
This thread is about Rowans, Jason Mraz and vibrators. ~ Rowan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer