| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 317  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

not preggo :( I am dissapointed...I feel like we waited too long to keep trying so now I am really anxious.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:44 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Sorry Momo. There's always next month... enjoy a few glasses of wine while you still can.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:25 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Sorry Momo. Getting your hopes up every month can be exhausting. Maybe you already are, but have you tried charting your temperature?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:45 pm 

Thanks ladies, can't do wine because of the candida so I will indulge in sf cookies. We didn't try much this month so that could be why but I will look into the temperature tracking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:48 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Tell Mr. Momo to bring you flowers. Then put on some Journey and get bizay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I had a too early ultrasound and it is still up in the air on whether or not the babe is still in my gestational sac. I have a tilted uterus and they couldnt see it at 7 weeks. I am going to a midwife tomorrow to get some advice and will be almost 10 weeks. I have been uncertain about what is going to happen for 4 weeks now and it is killing me. Hopefully everything is okay but if it's not I am just going to have to deal with it and keep trying. What other choice do I have right? I have still been having pregnancy symptoms. My breasts are really sore and bigger, I am not having morning sickness but a little nausous because of certain smells, pooping sucks and my belly is getting a bit bigger.

Anyway, wish me luck.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:06 pm 

tank wrote:
I had a too early ultrasound and it is still up in the air on whether or not the babe is still in my gestational sac. I have a tilted uterus and they couldnt see it at 7 weeks. I am going to a midwife tomorrow to get some advice and will be almost 10 weeks. I have been uncertain about what is going to happen for 4 weeks now and it is killing me. Hopefully everything is okay but if it's not I am just going to have to deal with it and keep trying. What other choice do I have right? I have still been having pregnancy symptoms. My breasts are really sore and bigger, I am not having morning sickness but a little nausous because of certain smells, pooping sucks and my belly is getting a bit bigger.

Anyway, wish me luck.

Good luck tank!!! Sending well wishes your way <3 4 weeks is a long time to not know what is happening. All the best to you and baby tank

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:36 pm 

Good luck Tank! I hope everything turns out okay. Did they not do a vaginal ultrasound the first time?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:13 am 
Inflexitarian

Good Luck to you Tank you're in my thoughts!

And good luck to you Momo, half the fun is making the baby, just consider it extra practice time :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:10 pm 
Nooch of Earl

tank wrote:

Anyway, wish me luck.

Oh gosh that's tough. I'm a week behind you and have been so frustrated that my healthcare provider (soon to be ex-healthcare provider, bwahahhahahaaa) refuses to do u/s's until 10 weeks.. which will be almost twelve by the time we get back in town from the holidays. We have to face either telling the family before we've even heard a heartbeat or wait until we can't tell them in person.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best and you get some comfort/resolution quickly!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

the midwife seems to think that because I haven't had any bleeding that there is nothing to be worried about. I have another appt next week and maybe I will ask them to use a doppler.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 pm 

annak wrote:
Oh gosh that's tough. I'm a week behind you and have been so frustrated that my healthcare provider (soon to be ex-healthcare provider, bwahahhahahaaa) refuses to do u/s's until 10 weeks.

the standard here is 18-20 weeks! The only reason I went for one at 12 weeks was because I had cramping and bleeding :( which resulted in me finding out that the fetus hadn't progressed past 7 weeks :( next time around I will be demanding an early ultrasound to make sure things are going smoothly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 pm 

tank wrote:
the midwife seems to think that because I haven't had any bleeding that there is nothing to be worried about. I have another appt next week and maybe I will ask them to use a doppler.

Well that is good to hear! You should definitely request the Doppler.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:45 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

i'm 35 wks tomorrow, and i have entered into a state of complete and utter laziness. i feel like it's way too early to be this sloth, but between the fatigue, my spazzy toddler, the holidays, and all the things i should get done but haven't my mind overloaded and has shut down. also, i might be imagining it, but i think i'm bigger than i was at 40 wks during my last pregnancy. i look ridiculous trying to get my boots on because bending over is nigh impossible. also-also, i'm starting to get really freaked out about my vbac prospects. getting a c-section wasn't horrible, but i don't really want to deal with that kind of recovery with a toddler and newborn. still, if i go through all the work of labor again only to have it end that way... i think i'm going to be kind of remorseful i didn't just schedule a c-section and avoid all the pain and uncertainty of labor. i wish i felt more confident i could get a baby out my vag, ya'll.

sorry it didn't work out this time, momo. don't put too much pressure on yourself and enjoy the baby making process!

tank, fingers crossed for you. i hope you get good news yet this week. i'm glad your midwife was positive.

annak wrote:
Oh gosh that's tough. I'm a week behind you and have been so frustrated that my healthcare provider (soon to be ex-healthcare provider, bwahahhahahaaa) refuses to do u/s's until 10 weeks.

My understanding is that most providers don't want to see you until you are 8 to 10 wks, and usually U/S's before 18 wks are for if you don't know your dates or they have reason to believe something may be wrong. The dopplers don't even usually pick up heartbeats until 9 wks at the earliest (with both my babies that was too early).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:27 pm 

isybb, 35 weeks is definitely not too early to be lazy! You are so close! Can Milo help you put your boots on? ;) With regards to the VBAC, I don't know what I would do in your situation, it's a hard decision to make. Has your doctor or midwife given you reassurance that it will probably be okay (I guess they feel pretty confident about it if they are even giving you the option!)?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:28 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I say rest while you can, bobbybrown. Take a nap, lady. I hope you get the birth experience you want. I'm sending confident vibes to your vag.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:28 pm 

thanks, ladies. i appreciate the vag vibes, mitten! i have actually cried some days because i want nothing more than to take a nap, but felix is just too hard to work down for one. sometimes (most days) i let him watch tv just so i can lay quietly on the couch.

my midwives/ob have a very high rate of successful vbacs and are extremely vbac positive, and i am a good candidate based on several factors (time lapsed betwixt kids, age, reason i had my first c-section, etc). i really do want a vbac, but i think since the prospect of labor is looming closer i've been reflecting on the last time and psyching myself out a bit. if only childbirth was predictable and easy to control!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:24 am 
Bathes in Braggs

isybb, I'm sending you good VBAC vibes! It really is a tough decision to make, but just remember that recovery from a vaginal birth is supposedly much better than a c/s. It's hard to wait and not know exactly what's going to happen, but it sounds like you have a great support system wanting you to have the birth that you want and deserve! Lots of love ansd strength heading your way! Your body was made to do this - you can do it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:15 pm 

thanks for your kind words, fb! the faster recovery time is a huge motivator for me. i am oh so pleased with the hospital birthing center i'm at, and i feel good knowing they won't recommend surgery unless it is truly necessary. we're all going to do our best to avoid that, and it makes me very excited.

i think part of what makes me doubt myself is that most people i talk to irl don't really seem to get why i wouldn't just want a scheduled c-section. i'd just feel better if i had more people cheering me on instead of having to explain myself over and over. why must they all make me doubt the mighty power of the vag?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:59 pm 

I'm 10 weeks today and I think (knock on wood) my nausea dissapeared a few days ago, hooray!

Have we heard from Pinko in a few days?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:18 pm 
Dead by dawn

Kiddo wrote:

I haven't seen her here for a few days, and I've been sort of obsessively checking for signs of Baby Pinko. Maybe she's just caught up in moving and the holidays, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:36 pm 

monkeytoes wrote:
Kiddo wrote:

I haven't seen her here for a few days, and I've been sort of obsessively checking for signs of Baby Pinko. Maybe she's just caught up in moving and the holidays, though.

Yeah, she was going to be really busy!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:39 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ha! I'm still baby-less. You guys guessed right - just busy with the move and holiday stuff. Baby Pinko is more than welcome to hang out in utero until I get my new house in some kind of order. Of course, by saying that I probably just jinxed myself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:58 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Good luck, Pinko! Make sure you take lots of sleep while you can, though. That's more important than organizing your house. Other people can do that for you, but only you can make sure you're rested. The night before I went into labor, I stayed up late cooking, thinking I could nap the following afternoon. Instead, I had to go through 20 hours of labor on almost no sleep, so by the time things got difficult, I was really worn down. You never know when Baby Pinko will decide it's time, so rest, rest, rest!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 am 

what mitten said! sleep over unpacking for sure!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 317  Next