| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kitten Emergency! Any cat people awake?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:06 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I really appreciate the input, thanks everyone. I was thinking that I hated to charge a re-homing fee when the money could go to the kitten's future vet bills and care, but I don't want her to end up making more unwanted kittens, either. I absolutely don't think anyone is being a dick, I have never done this before and I'm grateful for ya'll helping me to do it right!

I have edited the ad as follows:

Quote:
Short version - Please adopt this kitten! I did not intend to charge a rehoming fee, but after getting some advice from more experienced rescuers, the re-homing fee for this kitten is $55. That is the cost of a spay surgery at the Athens Area Humane Society spay and neuter clinic. If you have the kitten spayed, I will happily return the fee!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Fleurdenoir wrote:
Kitty has gone potty, in the litter box! I don't think I've ever been happy to see that someone has peed in my house, before.

I'm still striking out on finding him a home, and since he's hissing at me I think it's going to need to be a very calm, patient, person who takes him in. The woman I talked to at the feral cat place said I should hold and pet him, and that it's a good sign that he hisses, but doesn't bite or scratch. After I pick him up, he settles down.

I haven't made a Craigslist ad, which is about the only thing I can think of that I haven't done. I feel kind of icky about trying to adopt him out through Craigslist, but maybe I should go ahead and type something up.

funny, my friend adopted a black kitten and she was the same. She would hiss and stick her tongue out at you (kind of funny and cute) but would let you hold her, wouldn't bite or scratch and settled down after being picked up. She is now a grown cat and is very docile, although she still hisses every once in awhile. I'm sure with some continuous holding she/he will come around. Thanks for caring for the little one!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:25 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

************ Update! *************

A friend of mine from high school saw one of my posts on facebook, and sent me a message. I was able to drive Kitty a few counties away to her, and she is going to take her home over Christmas, get her socialized and healthy, and put her up for adoption! She works at a no kill shelter, so Kitty is safe and will hopefully get adopted into the cushy lifestyle she deserves. My friend thought she was just adorable and said that tuxedo pattern kittens are often adopted quickly from her shelter. I will get updates on how Kitty is doing, and when she gets a home. I couldn't be more thrilled!

Seriously, people who work in rescue are my heroes, and I admire the hell out of all ya'll.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:28 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Fleurdenoir wrote:
************ Update! *************

A friend of mine from high school saw one of my posts on facebook, and sent me a message. I was able to drive Kitty a few counties away to her, and she is going to take her home over Christmas, get her socialized and healthy, and put her up for adoption! She works at a no kill shelter, so Kitty is safe and will hopefully get adopted into the cushy lifestyle she deserves. My friend thought she was just adorable and said that tuxedo pattern kittens are often adopted quickly from her shelter. I will get updates on how Kitty is doing, and when she gets a home. I couldn't be more thrilled!

Seriously, people who work in rescue are my heroes, and I admire the hell out of all ya'll.

Yay- good work :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:25 pm 
Semen Strong

Such good news! Great work Fleur <3 And that is one cute and very lucky kitty!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Yay! i am so glad you found a place for the kitty.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:47 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm so glad this story has a happy ending<3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

What a perfect situation for the kitten!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:47 am 
WRETCHED

yay kitty!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:05 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

When I was a kid, we took in two feral kitties. They wouldn't let you hold them. They're still skittish of strangers/loud noises, but many kittehs are. They're cuddle monkeys with people they know.

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2