| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Who else's exercise routine is primarily Wii-focused?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:20 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

wii fit told me i was down 2.4 pounds and i felt so accomplished!

wii fit is the only one i have and it's fun, but i wouldn't call it useful for weight loss.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:50 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I used it a bit when I first got it, but the long waits while the intros run tended to interrupt my flow. :/

I got the wii fit plus but have barely used it *guilty face*. I should give it another go sometime soon. I'm sure I'll find it more fun once I start doing it again. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:59 am 
Tortilla Rita's character account

So I finally played Michael Jackson: The Experience yesterday. And it really would work as an exercise routine! I am sore this morning! Sure, the game only measures how good you're doing by the Wii remote, but you get to do the iconic moves from Beat It and Thriller.

As someone who cannot dance and has no rhythm, I had so much fun!

blog | vegan blog | twitter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:52 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Yay, just the thread I was looking for! I'm hoping to buy a wii & wii fit this xmas, mainly in hope it will get my arse moving more. I'm also hoping it will help my dad - he has lung disease/overweight/arthritis/only goes to the gym once a week [with a group of people with lung disease, it was set up by physios/nurses so he's not an actual member], and is not very confident, so doesn't like to exercise outside [beyond normal walking, which he does try to do everyday]. Do you guys think a wii would be a good idea for him too? I know a lot of residential homes have them to get old people moving, so I'm presuming it would not be too strenuous for him also? I was also thinking the games in general might be good for him too, even if it's not a work out, he would still be moving more than if he was just watching tv. Any advice oh knowledgeable ppkers?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:49 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I bought the EA Sports Active 2 and I've only used it twice. I have butt muscles that I didn't know existed that are sore three days later. It comes with a heartrate monitor that I like, but it can be a little uncomfortable to wear.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:02 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Daria wrote:
So I finally played Michael Jackson: The Experience yesterday. And it really would work as an exercise routine! I am sore this morning! Sure, the game only measures how good you're doing by the Wii remote, but you get to do the iconic moves from Beat It and Thriller.

As someone who cannot dance and has no rhythm, I had so much fun!

I can't wait to try this. My sister's bf got a copy when he went to a tv taping and finally brought it over yesterday. I am doing it tomorrow when everyone goes back to work. I've yet to use my EA Sports Active or the Jenny McCarthy one I bought. I have to make more room in my room since my brother has moved back home and taken over the entire downstairs.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:44 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I got the biggest loser challenge-it's on sale at target right now. I burned way more calories than the regular wii fit plus. I set it so only Bob works out-I really despise Jillian and I like Bob telling me I'm doing fantastic. My 5 year old and I are getting a bit competitive with the balance games on wii fit-he has hypotonia and beat a few of my scores!
Beccaful-I know a lot of senior citizens enjoy the bowling game that comes with the wii. My 80something year old grandpa was talking about his friends using it for that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Does anyone have the Zumba game?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:58 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My Zoetrope wrote:
Does anyone have the Zumba game?

Yes! I'm not sure how I feel about it, though. All you have to do is move the controller a bit and it tells you you're doing the moves correctly, which makes me feel like the only way I'll properly learn the moves is by going to an actual Zumba class and having an actual human assess said moves. This displeases me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:37 pm 
Saggy Butt

Wii Fit (and plus) and EA active 1 helped me lose about 50 pounds, just got EA active 2 for X Mas (thanks Santa) and it is kicking my butt, would like to lose about 20 more pounds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:50 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

veganskater wrote:
Wii Fit (and plus) and EA active 1 helped me lose about 50 pounds, just got EA active 2 for X Mas (thanks Santa) and it is kicking my butt, would like to lose about 20 more pounds.

You're my inspiration. I have both and I hope I get similar results.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:18 pm 
Saggy Butt

fatcat wrote:
veganskater wrote:

You're my inspiration. I have both and I hope I get similar results.

thank you, it is a lot of hard work, but I feel so much better.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:16 pm 

I am going to start using my EA active, I hope it kicks my butt. I have been playing the MJ game with my niece a lot. It is fun, but two of my favorite songs are missing ("P.Y.T." and "Off the Wall").

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:06 am 
Saggy Butt

So far in the last two weeks I have lost 8 lbs and I can say that EA active 2 is kicking my butt in a good way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've been doing the Active2 for about a month. I haven't lost any weight, but things are firmer and some clothes are fitting better.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:09 pm 
Saggy Butt

fatcat wrote:
I've been doing the Active2 for about a month. I haven't lost any weight, but things are firmer and some clothes are fitting better.

I have also cut back on soda to one a week, I am eating serving sizes, making lots of lower fat foods and limiting my junk food intake drastically, so that could all play a roll in my weight last as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 pm 

I am loving EA active. I am halfway through the 30 day challenge. I keep seeing commercials for the new version that looks great as well, but to tide myself over I bought the "more workouts" game since it was cheaper. I am starting to see/feel a difference in my arms/shoulders which is the most exciting thing ever.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 am 

I'm so envious of all you enjoying your EA Active workouts... I found a cheap second hand copy after reading all your rave reviews, and just about died halfway through the easiest 20min workout. It was the lunges that finished me off. :( I don't know if I was having a sick day or something or if it was just sheer unfitness. I've kind of been too scared to try it again, even though I've decided to try it with just doing half of the reps on each and skipping forward, just so I can get all the training videos watched and do a bit of the whole routine. I think I'm waiting for the day when I've got a bit more energy and actually feel like working out more. Hopefully I can try it this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:49 am 

I've still been using the wii fit, the MJ game (only about 20-30 mins at a time though! It's hard work!), and I tried the Zumba DVD the other day and accidentally kicked my poor kitty when he was walking behind me. I'm not really having a great deal of success with my exercising! :/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:13 pm 
Tofu Pup

I have to take a Phys Ed class as a requirement for my degree, and I'm taking an online one that uses Wii Fit!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:01 pm 

I only have one workout until I finish the 30 day challenge but I really feel adding this in has made a difference. I can't wait to do it again at the high intensity and see what happens.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

oohhh just picked up Dance Central for Kinect after reading your comments!! Can't wait to try this at home..love love love dancing but dont go clubbing anymore.. LOL...can bring the cub to my house now :)
Hoping hubby will join.... fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 pm 

I did the "EA Sports Active More Work Outs" which had a six week challenge. I am glad I tried it but I wish I would have gone with my original intention to redo Sports Active at high intensity. I started that this week and so far I really like it. I can't wait to finish it and see the difference, but I really want to see what SA2 is like. Maybe I'll beg for it for my birthday.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter